Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
guys im a bad janna player who goes coin and only never use their e to poke

im too spooked that their sup will poke my rear end as I walk towards them!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
poke their rear end w/ your free ruby crystal and pickaxe imo

also are there any good greedy AP items for janna? like shield-boosting/utility not "i wanna one-shot someone with Q". i had a good game on her where we got super ahead so i had a lot of extra gold and after the kinda core poo poo (eyestone/locket/mobis) i just started getting snowbally poo poo like censer and starting building ice cannon for the hell of it. i'm guessing i should have gotten banner instead of locket but aside from banner/censer and MAYBE athene's i'm kind of stumped on what other kinds of stuff she'd like

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
mejais

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i started playing trynd i discovered you don't even need a 2 kda to get an s, you just need 7+ cs/m

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

We all know that everything is a minion, but I've never seen it shown so clearly before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_XYpLIu3o

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i decided to try out the knife build on janna and i can confirm that keeby was right and im a fucktard. thanks for listening everyone heres hoping i'll get the next item build hot take right

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why do people keep saying the new vayne skin is good

she looks like a high school goth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvyNwzJ-SkU

project yasuo's q is 4 frames slower than regular yasuo's, lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

and it has the old Tryndamere problem with autoattacks

A+ coding

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tired Moritz posted:

why do people keep saying the new vayne skin is good

she looks like a high school goth

You're forgetting that this is a skin:

People like "high school goth".

EDIT

The new Nami skin is awesome, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b3HxLkoFyQ

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 21, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that face is gonna haunt my nightmares

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I wish my nightmares were your nightmares

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/5768b5084de3b3ccd7/hecarim

I ruined the end, it's supposed to be me one shotting nami on the platform.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Beautiful video, a+ music, a+ emotionless face as u murder lil' nami.

I think I'll start playing Hec again...

e: Wait, is that Stormraider's Surge? That's a beautiful thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

how the gently caress can I have perfect kda, most gold, most cs and most towers taken and only get a S- in a game :negative: I'll never see lvl 7 taylor swift quinn
Buy pink wards and put them in places people usually won't find them, you can get some deep wards in the jungle pretty safely as Quinn. Keep Green Ward trinket IMO so you can keep warding out their jungle, maybe not for anyone else but your own convenience.

Work on your CSing, and convince your team you should be the one split-pushing and not the random support or jungler that's probably in a side-lane alone so you can eat up all that extra gold.

:siren: Found a useful website :siren:

LoL Profiler shows you what kind of player you are and ranks you compared to other players by 5 categories (Action Score, Versatility, Warding, Farming, and objective control) then breaks down each category and shows you what you can improve on.

For example, I've got maxed out versatility because even though I'm a "Supporter" (Plays support or support-type Top/Junglers) I am still winning games and getting a good KDA on all champions in all roles, and I can play nearly any champion. I have a low "Action Score" because I'm the type of player who's passive until I know I can win a fight somewhere.

There's also Ward Score which shows you how well you ward compared to other players.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 21, 2016

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Endorph posted:

This... actually explains a lot about my memories of yasuo mirrors

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Luckily all Yasuo mains take the Project skin and gimp themselves :downs:

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
http://wardscore.loltools.net/?name=fffatcap&region=na

at least i'm doing something besides feeding relentlessly

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mirrorquiz posted:

http://wardscore.loltools.net/?name=fffatcap&region=na

at least i'm doing something besides feeding relentlessly
How on earth are you warding more often as a mage than a support? :psyduck:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

RealFoxy posted:

How on earth are you warding more often as a mage than a support? :psyduck:

It seems to be wrong, anyway. It says I ward 18 wpg as a mage when it's 16 average, and 17.6 as support when it's 25, including the game I lost power and disconnected.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Either that profiler thing counts normals or it's busted because it thinks I have high versatility even though like 90% of my ranked games are Darius.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
all i play is support, not sure where these mage games are coming from. unless it counts zyra etc as a mage even if you build a sightstone. even in normals i only play support or jungle.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
just got carried by a top lane draven, reported the enemy thresh afterwards for calling everyone faggots and telling us to hang ourselves and he got insta punished

league is....

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Luna Was Here posted:

league is....

okay??????

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

Luna Was Here posted:

just got carried by a top lane draven, reported the enemy thresh afterwards for calling everyone faggots and telling us to hang ourselves and he got insta punished

league is....

cool, and good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RealFoxy posted:

Buy pink wards and put them in places people usually won't find them, you can get some deep wards in the jungle pretty safely as Quinn. Keep Green Ward trinket IMO so you can keep warding out their jungle, maybe not for anyone else but your own convenience.

Work on your CSing, and convince your team you should be the one split-pushing and not the random support or jungler that's probably in a side-lane alone so you can eat up all that extra gold.

LoL Profiler shows you what kind of player you are and ranks you compared to other players by 5 categories (Action Score, Versatility, Warding, Farming, and objective control) then breaks down each category and shows you what you can improve on.

For example, I've got maxed out versatility because even though I'm a "Supporter" (Plays support or support-type Top/Junglers) I am still winning games and getting a good KDA on all champions in all roles, and I can play nearly any champion. I have a low "Action Score" because I'm the type of player who's passive until I know I can win a fight somewhere.

There's also Ward Score which shows you how well you ward compared to other players.

Wow, this is actually a super cool write up and link, thanks for taking the time. Weak in warding and objectives, time to get to work baby.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That site seems to think I'm an ADC for some reason. I don't remember the last time I played an ADC.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That Nami skin would be really good if not for the stupid voice filter. I think a lot of these skins that come out at the 1350 price tag have some very very bad voice filtering. No offense to Aelris as he's the only guy I know that has the robot Soraka it's another example of the filter being too goddamned weird to make enjoyable. Or the massive dorks that bought Darth Jayce. Stuff like Void Fizz or Soul Reaper Draven seems to be okay exceptions off the top of my head.

Site's calling me an ADC but that's probably the fact the only champ I play in ranked with consistency is Jhin and I've got like 100ish games on him. I'll have to play a bunch of games as jungle (which really is my role i know best) to see how it skews. It's pretty on the nose in terms of me being pretty much able to play everything to some degree of competency though.

Also, Methanar, I notice you're enjoying Hecarim and going kinda heavy handed on damage. Rune/Mastery setup? He seems to be in a decent spot jungling. I'd guess MS quints, arpen/ad reds, armor yellows and some kinda CDR/MR blues? I've seen a lot of mastery pages run, Thunderlords being probably the most prominent but a few doing the Run Faster When You Hit Someone Really Hard thing.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 21, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love Healbot Soraka specifically because it's obnoxious and bothers other people.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the move speed reductions from axing alacrity and nerfing boots of swiftness have unsurprisingly tilted jungle performance super hard in hecarim and volibear's direction

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

poke their rear end w/ your free ruby crystal and pickaxe imo

also are there any good greedy AP items for janna? like shield-boosting/utility not "i wanna one-shot someone with Q". i had a good game on her where we got super ahead so i had a lot of extra gold and after the kinda core poo poo (eyestone/locket/mobis) i just started getting snowbally poo poo like censer and starting building ice cannon for the hell of it. i'm guessing i should have gotten banner instead of locket but aside from banner/censer and MAYBE athene's i'm kind of stumped on what other kinds of stuff she'd like

Zeke 's, Deathcap, or (as someone else said) Mejai's. Zeke 'a is actually insane, it's just awkward as hell.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lol profiler says i am monte cristo like in objective control, which anyone from the competitive league thread will find funny.

apparently all i do is farm and take objectives. which is funny to me because i thought i liked to fight all the time.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
the sample size is busted as hell bc despite having well over 200 ranked games this season it pulled from a whopping two

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

RealFoxy posted:

I am suspicious of how useful this is, given that I am currently Bronze III, and all five of my individual scores are better than my comparisons until comparing against Platinum I.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
On one hand I like the encouragement to ward (far more than the always-CS-must-CS aspect), on the other hand it feels kind of cheesy.

How does the system determine roles in nondynamic games? Like, if I play ARAM, get Udyr, buy exclusively support tank items, end the game with 3 CS (coin) and a negative KD (double KDA) does the system understand that I'm going for a support role? How does it differentiate from this and going Ashe and picking up spellthiefs for easy gold?

I don't know, unless they planned pretty much every eventuality it doesnt seem like a great measurement for weirder setups.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 21, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It doesn't care about aram because it's only ranked. Also warding and CSing are not independent of one another. In fact, you should ward so you can CS.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

It doesn't care about aram because it's only ranked. Also warding and CSing are not independent of one another. In fact, you should ward so you can CS.

Oh I was talking about champ mastery, not that site.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

It's comparing players by official champion type (Mage, Fighter, Tank, etc) instead of by position (Mid, Top, Jungle, etc), which seems like a stupid way to do it. If you play Anivia or Syndra mid, then obviously you'll ward less than someone who's playing Zyra or Vel'koz support. If you play Alistar, Blitzcrank, or Leona support, then obviously you'll ward more than someone who's playing Malphite or Maokai top.

It really should be grouping by position, not by champion class. Of course people who go support and buy Sightstone will ward more than people who go jungle and get blue smite with red sweeper first back, so why directly compare Nautilus supports to Sejuani jungles?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Servaetes posted:

Also, Methanar, I notice you're enjoying Hecarim and going kinda heavy handed on damage. Rune/Mastery setup? He seems to be in a decent spot jungling. I'd guess MS quints, arpen/ad reds, armor yellows and some kinda CDR/MR blues? I've seen a lot of mastery pages run, Thunderlords being probably the most prominent but a few doing the Run Faster When You Hit Someone Really Hard thing.

AS reds, arpen quints, armor yellows, scaling mr

9/21/0 taking all damage and the move-fast thing in the middle tree. Build warrior > t1 boots > trinity > t2 boots >dmp/visage > GA.

Make sure you get rift because an extra 300 damage on every charge is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

RYang posted:

It's comparing players by official champion type (Mage, Fighter, Tank, etc) instead of by position (Mid, Top, Jungle, etc), which seems like a stupid way to do it. If you play Anivia or Syndra mid, then obviously you'll ward less than someone who's playing Zyra or Vel'koz support. If you play Alistar, Blitzcrank, or Leona support, then obviously you'll ward more than someone who's playing Malphite or Maokai top.

It really should be grouping by position, not by champion class. Of course people who go support and buy Sightstone will ward more than people who go jungle and get blue smite with red sweeper first back, so why directly compare Nautilus supports to Sejuani jungles?

Yeah, I ward more than 98% of players because I play Zyra support, and all the tank supports count as tanks that includes the top lane pool.

Which I guess also means I ward more than other support Zyras, but still, not as helpful. I imagine part of it might be that figuring out people's position/items is probably more work on their end with the API and whatnot, I imagine it's a lot easier to just take champ stats. As a lazy scraper I respect that.

e: Although, on my Vayne only smurf I still ward more than 36% of adcs. I need to work on that...

foutre fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 21, 2016

• Locked thread