Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The allure of constantly murdering civilians has brought a bunch of new people to the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Been having some fun playing this with my bored WoW friends while we wait for Legion to drop. I like how the DLC content is scaled so you can do it at any time but I just recently finished the Dark Brotherhood at level 15 and I have no idea how I woulda been able to actually beat some of those boss encounters as a Nightblade without just spamming my vampire drain over and over. Doesn't seem like it's balanced all that well for lower level people, but whatever.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aramek posted:

The allure of constantly murdering civilians has brought a bunch of new people to the game!

The Elder Scrolls series has always been about murdering civilians, it was only natural they would get to this point with their game.

Also bring back Spears to the Elder Series.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is there somewhere to pick this game up on the cheap? Looking to get into it, but not wanting to pay $60 for it.

Also, is Steam the way to go with this game, or is it better to get the Bethesda stand alone version?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chaitai posted:

Is there somewhere to pick this game up on the cheap? Looking to get into it, but not wanting to pay $60 for it.

Also, is Steam the way to go with this game, or is it better to get the Bethesda stand alone version?

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4247/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited/

Cheapest I can find it. Can confirm it's legit, bought a copy for my friend from them no problem.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I expect a steep discount during the steam summer sale that starts on Thursday if you can wait

The Bramble fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 20, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BadLlama posted:

Also bring back Spears to the Elder Series.

Spears are dead and buried. They have been gone for three titles now and no amount of noise will bring them back. Spears are a guilty of an unforgivable sin in the world of game development. A sin for which for they are forever banished.

It is the sin of "non-compatible with generic two-hander animations".

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't know, wholesale slaughter sort of loses some appeal when you find a person sweeping up three of his own dead bodies.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

@unsubredun, new account, I know nothing, going to go punch mudcrabs until I hit whatever max level is

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

Thinking of dungeons, how does it handle disconnects? My internet is usually fine but it does occasionally drop for a second, because I'm on wifi in the middle of nowhere. If I go out for a minute or two, is that going to leave whoever I'm with a man down forever and waste my time, or can I join as soon as I've reset the router and loaded back in? Basically, my internet is slightly dodgy at peak times, am I relatively safe to dungeon or should I stick to solo things for fear of totally wasting an hour of my time and that of anyone I'm with?

You should be fine with goons. We usually hang around waiting for anyone who DC's. Not so sure with PUGs tho, you might get vote kicked and get the 15 minute penalty.

What I'm saying is roll with goons.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Been having some fun playing this with my bored WoW friends while we wait for Legion to drop. I like how the DLC content is scaled so you can do it at any time but I just recently finished the Dark Brotherhood at level 15 and I have no idea how I woulda been able to actually beat some of those boss encounters as a Nightblade without just spamming my vampire drain over and over. Doesn't seem like it's balanced all that well for lower level people, but whatever.

I think the battle leveling system accounts for the quality of gear you have. So if you are wearing whatever you picked up as opposed to crafted and improved gear you don't get as much of a bump. This does mean that your base stats can be extremely strong if you have all improved gear and are low level. I think that's right? The other thing is that you only have the first few skills in any line, which can work, but are not as robust.

On the sins of spears: the Templar first skill line is basically spear animations for short spears, javelins, etc. they could add short so eras easily I think. Polearms would be a different matter though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren::siren:NEWS UPDATE:siren::siren:

The patcher client now has a setting for launching the 64-bit client, which, if you can run it, will automatically be set as the default.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sogol posted:

I think the battle leveling system accounts for the quality of gear you have. So if you are wearing whatever you picked up as opposed to crafted and improved gear you don't get as much of a bump. This does mean that your base stats can be extremely strong if you have all improved gear and are low level. I think that's right? The other thing is that you only have the first few skills in any line, which can work, but are not as robust.

On the sins of spears: the Templar first skill line is basically spear animations for short spears, javelins, etc. they could add short so eras easily I think. Polearms would be a different matter though.

That's probably it. I mostly have just been using quest reward gear.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sogol posted:

There's spear animations in place. Sometimes you see NPCs training with regular spears. It's been awhile since I looked but they are probably just Templar animations with a generic looking spear.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Picked this up when Steam had it for $30 a couple weeks ago, and played it a bunch while I was off last week.

It's scratching the Elder Scroll itches I was hoping it would. But too late have I realized the darker undertones of naming my Argonian Eats-The-Eggs....

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Made it to level 50 sorc, started a stamplar last night. I think I am enjoying the game more now that I am just rushing towards 50 blindly.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4247/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited/

Cheapest I can find it. Can confirm it's legit, bought a copy for my friend from them no problem.

$8 cheaper
http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-pc-mac.html

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, the group dungeons are miserable. Tons of HP sacks. Things are a slog. :(

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

poptart_fairy posted:

Whaat. I can barely get a hit in on most mobs as we run through dungeons. Is this a groupfinder/lower level thing?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

poptart_fairy posted:

Are you doing them with a group?

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Still need an invite into the Deconstruct Circlejerk. @turk1701

I'm in both Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons (Jute Suit Riot too) just have a drat guild tabard for a guild called Covenant Trading Post and it is bugging the hell out of me I can't wear the drat thing.

Trying/Wanting to raise Blacksmithing and Woodworking.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Turk posted:

Still need an invite into the Deconstruct Circlejerk. @turk1701

I'm in both Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons (Jute Suit Riot too) just have a drat guild tabard for a guild called Covenant Trading Post and it is bugging the hell out of me I can't wear the drat thing.

Trying/Wanting to raise Blacksmithing and Woodworking.

I think Deconstruct died. Scy was saying someone emptied the guild bank, so we started using the EHG bank as the crafting bank instead. I asked a couple times and pretty much everyone said they weren't in the guild/didn't know anybody in the guild.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

So is it ok to deconstruct some of the weapon and armor in the EHG bank?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

YESSSS. UPDATE 11 WITH 2 NEW DUNGEONS AND UPDATED VDSA. :black101:

E: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

E2: Updated HRC and AA too. Time for some loving goon trials.

E3: Gonna farm the hell out of VDSA for them Master weapons.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 21, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Turk posted:

So is it ok to deconstruct some of the weapon and armor in the EHG bank?

DCJ is still there, but someone did clean out the guild bank. I've sat on it just in case anyone wanted to start using it again, which it looks like might have been a good idea! I'll send out a round of invites when I get home from work this evening.

e: also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only DC goon, so if anyone knows who the Daggerfall Goons GM is on SA I'd like to send them a PM asking them to transfer GM of that to me so I can start trying to manage it a little bit.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This is the first time I've really paid attention to a major update. That's a pretty substantial one. Are they mostly like this? Because I'm pretty impressed.

Also why not show this at E3?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

This is the first time I've really paid attention to a major update. That's a pretty substantial one. Are they mostly like this? Because I'm pretty impressed.

Also why not show this at E3?

This is actually a smaller update compared to previous ones when it comes to content. All we're getting is 2 new dungeons, but the majority of the stuff is coming as base-game (remaining trials updated, cyro town capture, etc.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I am really looking forward to town capture, though no Cheydinhal capture yet :saddowns:

Can't really tell if that is supposed to be a new argonian motif, or crownstore costumes from that one pic though.

Thank god we're finally getting a barbershop too.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

NeurosisHead posted:

DCJ is still there, but someone did clean out the guild bank. I've sat on it just in case anyone wanted to start using it again, which it looks like might have been a good idea! I'll send out a round of invites when I get home from work this evening.

e: also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only DC goon, so if anyone knows who the Daggerfall Goons GM is on SA I'd like to send them a PM asking them to transfer GM of that to me so I can start trying to manage it a little bit.

My crafter (lvl 50 cp450-ish), currently a not really kitted stamplar is DC. Let me know if you want any DC related things or maybe to do some pvp as DC sometime. He doesn't run too well at the moment beyond open world stuff, crafting and gathering mats, but I can probably shore him up in the near future.

In other news I just got my NB to 50. This means I have 5x 50's, none of which really have end game gear. 3 lizards, a cat and an Imperial. 4 EP, one DC.
I think my plan is to now:
- l2p
- run a lot of Unduanted until I have the various helms and shoulders
- grind out the IC fragments so I have all the willpower, agility and endurance sets needed for each (this has the advantage of also adding cp, telvar stones, gold and a small stream of cp160 mats all at once... Also might be fun to take over IC flags as a goon event. Doing that once is worth 4-6k telvar and some good alliance points depending on resistance.... or something like that and doesn't take forever, depending...)
- maybe level crafts on some more of them for writs (and therefore mats and most importantly tempers)
- level alliance and guild skills where that is needed
- in the background I will need to do skyshards runs on a bunch of them

I considered vMA, but think I may give that a pass for now. Time/reward/fun equation does not seem worth it to me.

Eventually I want both pvp and PvE gear for them. At 1.5k resources per crafted sets, plus runes, plus tempers that is a lot. I will probably try out different sets and builds using cp140 gear. Hence maybe some craglorn, and would probably be interested in any goon events there to do some of the group content I have never done, like the arena, etc.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 21, 2016

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

YESSSS. UPDATE 11 WITH 2 NEW DUNGEONS AND UPDATED VDSA. :black101:

E: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

E2: Updated HRC and AA too. Time for some loving goon trials.

E3: Gonna farm the hell out of VDSA for them Master weapons.

I love everything about this. New dungeons, updated trials, new capture points in Cyrodiil, new Undaunted monster sets... This will be a good update.

Edit: once they fix whatever they break.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I just used 64-bit for the first time and it improved every technical issue I've had with the game. No more crashing, no more microstutter (on a 7200rpm hard drive), load times have decreased and overall it just feels better.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Article also says something about new motifs, so I am really, really loving hoping we finally get Yokudan as a style. Although it's pretty obvious we're going to get Dark Brotherhood as well.

Also since every trial in Craglorn is now scaled, I am really, really hoping that Craglorn gets an overhaul as well. Mainly because I want to be able to use the Yokudan set items because they look bad rear end.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

With this being labeled as being on PTS (soon) I'm guessing that will be early July testing and a late August release date for PC.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I think they test for precisely 1 month so I assume Early August.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Purged the rolls for anyone inactive over 3 months for DCJ invited @turk1701. If anyone else wants in on the ground floor of rebuilding the deconstruction circle jerk, post here!

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

@polyseme although I'm not sure how social I'll ever be.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

In as @radiationcow. Hoping that this game will not make me just want to reinstall Morrowind, and I'm guessing that having people to play with might help.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

NeurosisHead posted:

Purged the rolls for anyone inactive over 3 months for DCJ invited @turk1701. If anyone else wants in on the ground floor of rebuilding the deconstruction circle jerk, post here!

@MooCowlian

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

I bought two copies from here and two of the 2-month subs. The keys can take 24 hours ish to get but its legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there a good meta/recommended build website?

I'm still levelling, but I'm feeling really squishy, and things tend to get very hairy if I leave my running away with a bow thing to start stabbing dudes. I'm not really seeing a whole lot of skills (as a nightblade) that give much healing or damage prevention - are there any gear traits or something that are particularly useful? I imagine it won't be such a problem with a tank and a healer in a dungeon, but it's kind of annoying for running around doing quests.

• Locked thread