Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-06-21-star-citizens-refunds-process-just-got-more-complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

flyboi posted:

We'll probably showing uh teasing some new stuff that's gonna be coming up uhhh we're DEFINITELY gonna be showing some cool stuff at gamescon uhh to uhh PRESS and we'll probably have some element of that shown on uhm the show floor AS WELL as allowing people to get hands on (waves hand wild) and play the CURRENT stable build.

"probably" some new stuff. And letting people play the current broken crap build that you can already try on any of their free play events. Whoop-de-loving-doo.

lol they have nothing new to show. What's the bet they just play that terrible Morrow tour again.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

How is babby code formed?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Comments are going to be fun to watch.

Thor Odinson, God of Thunder.

Derek Smart, God of Trolling.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

neonbregna posted:

How is babby code formed?

Their artisanal code is 3D printed then hand-shaped by master coding craftsman until a game is formed.

The Kotaku comments are fantastic. As well as Derek being mentioned constantly they can't seem to agree on when exactly star citizen began development. One dude claimed it only began last year.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm late to the party on this, but the concentrated form of Star Citizen is this 10ftC question about ejection seats where Crobberts goes "Oh yeah no if you bought a Drake ship you get poo poo on because gently caress your ejection seats. When we get the mechanic in it'll affect the whole universe but you're gonna be sitting there with your thumb up your rear end. Suck a dick, dumbshits."

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

AP posted:

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

Goon Valour is a precious resource that must be husbanded.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qngt5pTDmsE&t=84s

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lazrin posted:

Yet that doesn't mean what he says about Star Citizen is wrong, something shitizens everywhere have repeatedly failed to understand.

Derek being a bigmouth with an ego doesn't make star citizen good. Game is still bad and chris robots is still a mushmouthed hack waving his hands around while promising procedural birds and space news vans.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Lazrin posted:

Hey, your shift key seems to be defective. Also how do you feel about your beltdown?

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Lazrin posted:

Been calling this shite since 2013, couldn't give much of a monkeys' if Derek agrees or not, to be perfectly honest. I think I prefer an internet warlord wanting all eyes on him at any cost, to a pointless hack wanting 115 million and all eyes on him at your own cost.

I do hope you're posting for free, and do not invoice or receive a wage for this service.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sandweed posted:

That Kotaku article has some beautiful comments.

Especially this guy.

Brand. James Brand.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

Given he has been talking about this for a year, gaming press suddenly giving each other credit for it is a bit lovely. As you've only mentioned credit and not the content of the article I assume you are admitting that DEREK SMART IS RIGHT?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Goobs posted:

Brand. James Brand.

License to shill.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

TTerrible posted:

Given he has been talking about this for a year, gaming press suddenly giving each other credit for it is a bit lovely. As you've only mentioned credit and not the content of the article I assume you are admitting that DEREK SMART IS RIGHT?

thats the point. no one needs derek smart to tell anyone any of this. its painfully obvious the troubles the project has and will have.

so you follow him and worship him for being captain obvious?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Lazrin posted:

thats the point. no one needs derek smart to tell anyone any of this. its painfully obvious the troubles the project has and will have.

Paaaaaaaarp

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Lazrin posted:

no because he adds salt to vinegar

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

It is alright to cry. Crying is a natural response to pain..

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lazrin posted:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Lazrin posted:

:gary: :kayak: :yarg:

Or do you want to distract everyone from the Kotaku article?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lazrin posted:

It is true. I have a shrine in a spare room.

imagine this but with derek's face

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

If it is that obvious, why hasn't there been more media coverage? Games sites love the easy, obvious articles, especially when they are going to get a lot of clicks out of it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

It sounds like someone hasn't done their morning prayers to Derek. You'll really feel much happier after you achieve oneness with the Smart, commando.

Unwanted_Opinion
Apr 10, 2005

sincx posted:

Is this real?!!?

I apologies if this is old news; I haven't seen it before anywhere.

But if it is, oh man that's hilarious.

http://newskeimatomedouga.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-46799.html

20:25

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Yeah just think of the possible headlines:

Star Citizen: 116 million $$$ down the drain ?!
Star Citizen: Finally canceled !?
Star Citizen: A Drought in funding!
Star Citizen: Greatest gaming scandal ever!?
Star Citizen: Top 10 shocking and heartbreaking truths about the troubled project!
Star Citizen: Top 10 failures in this crowdfunded nightmare!
Star Citizen: It's over!
Star Citizen: The end.
Star Citizen: It's hosed!
Star Citizen: Derekt Smart was right!
Star Citizen: 60 million spent on mo-cap!
Star Citizen: Tax evasion!
Star Citizen: A door too far costly - 20k for a Door.
Star Citizen: Doorgate!
Star Citizen: The backers will finally know!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

License to shill.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4p41kw/best_moment_from_the_latest_10ftc/

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
To be fair, stuff coming out of his mouth tends to be more mushy than derpy

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
ACTUAL RESULT
the ship will slowly turn and slide backwards along the hangar floor even if you are not touching it
EXPECTED RESULT
the ship should stay put where it is originally spawned in if nothing pushes it from that position

ACTUAL RESULT
A sad pilot who passes through the doors
EXPECTED RESULT
A happy pilot who not passes through the doors

ACTUAL RESULT
The player can exit the airlock and enter open space without a spacesuit. The player can also EVA as normal, with jets streaming from the back of the player.
EXPECTED RESULT
Death by asphyxiation.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just finished my walk of atonement and red the last couple of pages after my hair grew back.

Do I get this right? They plan to release Star Marine? The thing we already have but didn't know about and should stop complaining about? That was never planned as a separate module? Which was basically just an outsourced unit test?

Seriously....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

Amazing that Derek is the first, and so far only, commenter on that. No proof it's him, but it sounds so exactly like him that I'm sure it is.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

Amazing that Derek is the first, and so far only, commenter on that. No proof it's him, but it sounds so exactly like him that I'm sure it is.

Probably a Derek Smart alt

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Somebody made the joke earlier, but there's no way this

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/745028902477795328

can be real, right?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

XK posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/745028902477795328

can be real, right?

What does your heart tell you.

WLMortis
Sep 28, 2001
Nebulosis Defunctus
Slippery Tilde

XK posted:

can be real, right?

Choose your own adventure!

If you think Derek assumes every word in this thread is the truth, even obvious jokes, turn to page 15.

If you think Derek is just passing along a masterful troll, turn to page 94.

If you have a bow and wish to use it, turn to page 115.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

WLMortis posted:

Choose your own adventure!

If you think Derek assumes every word in this thread is the truth, even obvious jokes, turn to page 15.

If you think Derek is just passing along a masterful troll, turn to page 94.

If you have a bow and wish to use it, turn to page 115.

Any of those is equally likely. Everything out of CIG ends up being so impossible in a rational reality that I've lost the ability to discern what is real. Every one there also looks so sour that I could easily imagine they are watching something that is crushing them.

I think I have to go with it not being real, unless Derek comes in and confirms it from one of his sources.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

No one here is following and worshiping DS. We (largely) agree with what he is saying and are enjoying the laughs generated by crazy backers who can't see what is going on and defend it like a religious cult.

I'm glad to see you think what DS is saying is obvious. Do you have your refund yet? Are you looking forward to this all collapsing into a complete shambles before the end of the year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

please write more comments about how he's completely irrelevant and this is a dead gay comedy forum that nobody cares about

• Locked thread