Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's my anniversary today. We have huge dinner plans but if I eat now I won't be hungry but I'm starting to get the shakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!

Roro posted:

Ahhhhhhahaha, I hosed up royally by posting confidential information on Facebook and my boss has sent a mass Whatsapp message to all staff berating us about it. I know exactly who will have grassed me up too (unless the person discussed saw it and complained) and now I feel physically sick because I'm alone in work with my boss tomorrow!

How confidential? Have you deleted it yet?

Just apologize and let your boss know it will never happen again.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
At a stand at the farmer's market, buyin' mushrooms:

Me, handing the lady cash: (notices something) Hey, are those fiddlehead ferns? I haven't had those since I was a kid

Mushroom lady: Yep (hands me the box they're in and the change from the mushrooms). That'll be six dollars.

Me: ... oh (hands more cash over, even though I didn't actually want them, just wanted to know what they are, but am too much of a wuss to tell her that)

So I guess I have to figure out what to do with a box of fiddlehead ferns now. I don't even remember liking them as a kid, I just remember I had them once or twice.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
They changed the smell of the target brand hand soap. I'm really hoping I just really got a bad batch because it smells really disgusting and toxic chemical-ly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My computer mousepad has gone missing. The mouse was exactly where I lift it. The cats did not knock the mousepad off; it's not under my chair, or the couch behind me, or indeed anywhere in the room.

Who the gently caress walks off with someone elses mousepad :psyduck:

E: Also, the remote for the blu-ray player stopped working. Its still transmitting the signal, or at least that's what pointing it at my phone camera and seeing the flashes of light is supposed to mean, but the player itself isn't recognizing them. And attempts to get the universal remote to recognize the thing have been less than helpful.

Think I figured it out, it's the wrong remote :downs: It's the one for the old blu-ray player that was bricked on arrival, not the current one.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Jun 19, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

This sandwich doesn't have near enough mustard on it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DaRealAce posted:

How confidential? Have you deleted it yet?

Just apologize and let your boss know it will never happen again.

If it's healthcare, that may be a career ending mistake.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If it's healthcare, that may be a career ending mistake.

Veterinary, and it wasn't, thankfully.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm having a "silent migrane". This is a fancy medical term for having almost none of the symptoms of a migraine.

For me, this means that I'm perfectly fine (so I can't really complain compared to those who suffer normal migranes), except for the fact that I've got this tiny little blue dot in my field of vision (just long enough to notice every time before my other eye compensates) which will be here for a few days.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
When I heard Anton Yelchin died, I was actually surprised Karl Urban didn't post "He's dead Jim" to twitter and then I realized that makes me a pretty broken person.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I wasn't paying attention at the supermarket and accidentally bought cinnamon raisin bagels that had been put back in the wrong place. I don't dislike cinnamon raisin bagels, but I wanted everything bagels :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My computer is massively dying so I need to take it in to get repaired and I've been putting it off because that means I'll be without a computer for 3-5 days :stonk:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my girlfriend's dog got shaved and she is way tinier than i thought she was and now i feel bad for wrestling so hard with her

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

FordPRefectLL posted:

my girlfriend's dog got shaved and she is way tinier than i thought she was and now i feel bad for wrestling so hard with her

Don't feel bad, tiny dogs are pretty hardy. She probably loved it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
-I'm going to have to download a new version of a song I've downloaded because I cannot find where the replaces-the-artist-with-a-url data is on the mp3. Everything I'm using says it's not there, that the tags are pristine and perfect, but my car won't display the right stuff.

- I found a really awesome cup with some thing on the bottom that doesn't let it tip over but doesn't stick when you lift it up, but I didn't buy it because it doesn't hold enough fluid (only 20oz, which is a shot glass of water for me) and the desk I'd use it on has a mild texture to it and the packaging says it only works on smooth, flat surfaces.

- I've had this car for four years, and to this day I misjudge where the front of my car is. I always have a foot more than I think.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

FordPRefectLL posted:

You talk way too much about your girlfriend. I recognize your avatar and every post I see is :siren:my girlfriend:siren:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I ate a huge cinnamon toast absolutely dripping with butter and overflowing with cinnamon sugar. It's a really irresponsible thing to eat for breakfast but everyone was ordering it so I got one too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

I ate a huge cinnamon toast absolutely dripping with butter and overflowing with cinnamon sugar. It's a really irresponsible thing to eat for breakfast but everyone was ordering it so I got one too.

The last two days my breakfast has been a homemade cheese burger sans bun. This is mostly because I won't have a chance to eat until dinner but it still makes me feel fat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's a healthy breakfast according to keto diets since you avoid bread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have a lot of work to do for a meeting in the morning and it is already quite late but I'd much rather blow it off have a poo poo meeting and watch A Bronx Tale on Netflix instead.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Quitting smoking loving sucks, you guys.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

You have my support!
I've never been a cigarette smoker (they make me nauseous) but a good portion of my friends do and watching any of them in the process of quitting looks horrible.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is anyone around you still smoking? I tried to quit a few times and it never really stuck until the people I always went out for a smoke with either changed department or also quit. The only other thing is no longer how long you are off them "I can handle just one" is never true.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Thanks, dudes. Unfortunately I know a ton of smokers, so it's been a challenge. I'm tapering off rather than going cold turkey, so it could be worse, but I had a few ciders after work and now I don't know what to do with my hands :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

Thanks, dudes. Unfortunately I know a ton of smokers, so it's been a challenge. I'm tapering off rather than going cold turkey, so it could be worse, but I had a few ciders after work and now I don't know what to do with my hands :smith:

Lean some close-up magic.
It's really dumb but it keeps your hands and brain occupied and may get you laid.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Thin Privilege posted:

You talk way too much about your girlfriend. I recognize your avatar and every post I see is :siren:my girlfriend:siren:

in 2 of the 3 posts i've made in this thread with the words "my girlfriend" in them the subject of the sentence is actually a dog :woof:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My job moved into a new office today and among the myriad of complaints, of which there's a shitload, the first world-iest is probably that the building is next door to a Five Guys and for gently caress's sake I'm fat enough already.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm really good at my job and now I'm bored all the time.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Being in Japan has made me fantasise about having good public transport where I live and now I'm sad that it'll never be. :saddowns:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

:psyduck:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm finally getting around to continuing watching the *gdq youtube videos, but now I'm aware of Davis Aurini I realise just how much the bald dude resembles him (Back viewer's-right corner in Tenchu: Stealth Assassin) Due to the lack of facial hair it's almost like Davis has a good twin.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

:siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: even being a thing that people complain about is a contrivance of bitter, lonely nerds who can't stand to be reminded of their own failings. Talking about one's significant other in casual conversation is a very normal thing to do and there are a hundred thousand registered goons, not all of us are fuckin' shut-in weirdos anymore. Some of us even have jobs.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah ok cool a thing happened once. If you're not caught in an absolute worst case scenario the biggest problem you'll encounter is having to stand for your brisk, on-time ride to just about anywhere you need to be.

For content, leaving my computer alone for a while has not magically made it start working and I don't know how I'm going to rip all these CDs I bought to my phone or participate in the Four Job Fiesta.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm donating blood today so this means I shouldn't drink coffee so my pulse doesn't get too high. I am tired and want caffeine in my veins, but I also want to help save lives by donating blood. Ugh!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Quorn started making hotdogs shorter than buns by an inch or more. Now for every two hotdogs I have to put three on and cut one in half to fill a bun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah ok cool a thing happened once. If you're not caught in an absolute worst case scenario the biggest problem you'll encounter is having to stand for your brisk, on-time ride to just about anywhere you need to be.

For content, leaving my computer alone for a while has not magically made it start working and I don't know how I'm going to rip all these CDs I bought to my phone or participate in the Four Job Fiesta.

Japan is smaller than my backyard. Can't really expect the same thing here.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Our main room is so big with so many large windows and skylights there's a really bad glare on the tv if it's sunny

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Crow Jane posted:

Stick with it! You can do it.

Don't let your brain pull dumb poo poo like

EmmyOk posted:

"I can handle just one"

because, like EmmyOk (sort of) said, that's your brain being an rear end.

Don't look back--look forward to not smelling like an ashtray and being healthier.

Keep busy in order to keep your mind off it. YMMV but I found that when I was up and moving around, things were easier. Less time to sit and think about how lovely it was, I guess?

You've got this. Don't give in, ok

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Japan is smaller than my backyard. Can't really expect the same thing here.

Which is why I was only fantasising and it not being true was only a first world problem, christ.

For content, the ongoing issues with CloudFlare are making browsing the forums a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bertrand Hustle posted:

:siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: even being a thing that people complain about is a contrivance of bitter, lonely nerds who can't stand to be reminded of their own failings. Talking about one's significant other in casual conversation is a very normal thing to do and there are a hundred thousand registered goons, not all of us are fuckin' shut-in weirdos anymore. Some of us even have jobs.

Every time he posts in the online dating thread it's about his girlfriend. It doesn't fit in when it's 20 posts about asking for advice on or description of dates and this dude comes in seemingly bragging like "well my girlfriend of many months and I had sooo much fun this weekend"

Anyways

It's really hot in my apartment, that may not be conducive to being non-irritated

E: more content: I'm irritated by posts on the Internet.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jun 21, 2016