Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

thats the point. no one needs derek smart to tell anyone any of this. its painfully obvious the troubles the project has and will have.

which troubles might that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

which troubles might that be?
Not having enough money they don't need anyway.

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016
Glad that cotton mouth didn't F your poo poo up, Beet. I'm surprised one got you. Cotton mouths are big on running away and usually I see them jumping out of my path and snake-sprinting to the water. Copperhead is a more common bite. Copperhead relies on his camouflage so he will sit still like a flounder fish and let you step on him or put your hand on him, and then it's too late.

Lately however, I have seen cotton mouths acting more aggressively. They have been swimming across the bayou straight towards me a couple times and I've heard similar reports from some other guys I know. Maybe because of spawn.

Source: I'm like a bayou libertarian guy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SelenicMartian posted:

Not having enough money they don't need anyway.

There is that of course

With all the cash they spent on unrelated crap it's no wonder their non-needed money reserves are drying up

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TTerrible posted:

No one here is following and worshiping DS. We (largely) agree with what he is saying and are enjoying the laughs generated by crazy backers who can't see what is going on and defend it like a religious cult.

I'm glad to see you think what DS is saying is obvious. Do you have your refund yet? Are you looking forward to this all collapsing into a complete shambles before the end of the year?

Yes.

No. I don't want this to end. Sandi, please have another sale so spergs can fund all this emerging content.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lazrin posted:

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

You are completely correct about that.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I like this guy:

quote:

IqfishLP
He also adressed that "I canceled my subscription" thing which leaves a nice feeling of the CEO listening to the games subreddit.
Thats pretty rare guys.

What Cris said:

"Thank you to everyone who subscribed"

It's like they are listening to their own version inside their heads.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They treat all of the contradictory lies and misrepresentation in all these videos like the loving bible code. They find all meanings.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Only a fat guy would dream that it takes two minutes to run 70 meters.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

AlmightyPants posted:

Sorry, were getting her fixed.

One of their friends also got a siberian cat and signed a contract too, but is defying the contract because I dunno, they want kittens? It's too far removed from me to know what's going on.

I keep hoping I get a page snipe so I can post pictures of my uncle's new kittens, but I don't post enough here.

Post the kitties friend

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

TTerrible posted:

They treat all of the contradictory lies and misrepresentation in all these videos like the loving bible code. They find all meanings.

A small mind is easily filled with faith.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

Am I reading this right and they're putting the Nyx landing zone in the Stanton (PU) system which is a tacit admission that 1) they still haven't figured out how to make inter-system travel work and 2) no work has been done on the landing zones in Stanton? Like not even ArcCorp which is presumably pretty far along because of the work done for the social module?

It can't be emphasized enough how loving ridiculous this is. Supposed to have 100 systems and they can't even manage to get 1/5th of a second system in the game, nor manage to get actual space travel in their space game, so they're just plopping it in the 1/5th of a system that they already have. Despite the fact that it'll take more money and time to sort it out properly later.

You'd think the space travel part of your space travel game would kinda be something you'd work on early during development.

Just like you'd think that persistence might be something you'd work on in the early stages of making your persistent universe.

But NOPE, spend four years working on the game and then see if you can tack poo poo like that on in the last half of development.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FrankieGoes posted:

It can't be emphasized enough how loving ridiculous this is. Supposed to have 100 systems and they can't even manage to get 1/5th of a second system in the game, nor manage to get actual space travel in their space game, so they're just plopping it in the 1/5th of a system that they already have. Despite the fact that it'll take more money and time to sort it out properly later.

You'd think the space travel part of your space travel game would kinda be something you'd work on early during development.

Just like you'd think that persistence might be something you'd work on in the early stages of making your persistent universe.

But NOPE, spend four years working on the game and then see if you can tack poo poo like that on in the last half of development.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4p2mkd/concerns_about_the_current_development_trends/d4hm84a

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

Once the immersion animations finish it's all a moot point anyway, you're 5 minutes in whatever you choose to do

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FrankieGoes posted:

Listen buddy, do you think early man started right off zooming into space? No.

Early man first started off in caves, barely holding onto the power of fire.

It's good to keep a little perspective.

We need to have a fully functioning planetside game before we even think of going into space.

Also we need to have those languages made so all of the ingame UI and text is universally translated into these custom languages.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvxw-fnIzw

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Jupiter has 67 moons, why would there be way more planets than moons :psyduck:

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Lazrin posted:

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

How much you in for?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's funny.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

WLMortis posted:

Choose your own adventure!

Kill jester

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Junkozeyne posted:

Maybe you just don't understand planetary system development?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I love that people are talking about the game maybe releasing in 2018 like it's no big deal. We'll have had Mass Effect: Andromeda, No Man's Sky and CoD:IW for 2 years. We'll have completed them and moved on. We'll be playing space games that haven't been announced yet and we'll be eagerly awaiting yet more space games that have barely even begun development today and we have no idea about.

And they think anyone will still give a poo poo about Star Citizen.

They're literally going to be competing with features that haven't even been thought of yet.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

:same:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Buy some ships, for the cause

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

No one here is following and worshiping DS. We (largely) agree with what he is saying and are enjoying the laughs generated by crazy backers who can't see what is going on and defend it like a religious cult.

I'm glad to see you think what DS is saying is obvious. Do you have your refund yet? Are you looking forward to this all collapsing into a complete shambles before the end of the year?

He doesn't think you all worship Derek, he's just being a poo poo and succeeding in derailing the thread away from the article.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

I just want to remind everyone that Bill Nye created two real spaceships for $1.2 Million dollars... and did it in a loving year. A YEAR

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Richie Stardust posted:

Glad that cotton mouth didn't F your poo poo up, Beet. I'm surprised one got you. Cotton mouths are big on running away and usually I see them jumping out of my path and snake-sprinting to the water. Copperhead is a more common bite. Copperhead relies on his camouflage so he will sit still like a flounder fish and let you step on him or put your hand on him, and then it's too late.

Lately however, I have seen cotton mouths acting more aggressively. They have been swimming across the bayou straight towards me a couple times and I've heard similar reports from some other guys I know. Maybe because of spawn.

Source: I'm like a bayou libertarian guy

It wasn't a cottonmouth, he just inflated it in his head. Like that guy in the Subaru commercial.

Why are you exploding inedible fish?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I'm so close to wanting to start taking apart SC's object code and figure out what exactly is going on under the hood. Problems with that being that I'm pretty sure I don't care enough to expend that extraordinary effort, and decompiled object code of even the best made programs is super cryptic, and SC's is certainly magnitudes more indecipherable. I'd also have to buy an account, and run that trash heap on my computer, in a debugger on a virtual machine no-less. I can't imagine how frustratingly bad it would run.

It would still be nice to have a final answer on their 64-bit positional stuff, that's why I keep having twinges of interest while the rest of my rational brain tells me to gently caress off.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Perhaps someone in this thread has a copy of the leaked assets ?

Lladre posted:

He doesn't think you all worship Derek, he's just being a poo poo and succeeding in derailing the thread away from the article.

Well we can always relink this wonderful article: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/20/star-citizen-changes-terms-of-service-to-make-it-more-difficult-to-get-a-refund

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Junkozeyne posted:

Now you are just making poo poo up!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lladre posted:

I'm pretty sure he is just dumb and has no agenda beyond being angry. Us discussing the article doesn't change a thing. The article is out.

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Lladre posted:

It wasn't a cottonmouth, he just inflated it in his head. Like that guy in the Subaru commercial.

Why are you exploding inedible fish?

Grass carp is an invader and is taking over the waters here. It's a monster sized fish, very very armored (50% of arrows bounce), and they are totally edible.

Also, she exploded herself. Grass carp rip themselves in half trying to get off of an arrow or hook. They jump out of the water like dolphins. But I won't eat anything I shoot here, this water is partially fed by petrochemical refineries "clean" discharge.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Lladre posted:

Now you are just making poo poo up!

According to wikipedia that's correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter#Moons "Of these, 51 are less than 10 kilometres in diameter"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MedicineHut posted:

So, let me get this straight. According to the boss we should be expecting BY THE END OF THE YEAR:

- Revamped subsumption AI
- Refactored (3rd or 4th time?) net code
- Basic mechanics such as trading, mining etc
- Nyx, procedural planets, seamless free landing and 2.7
- Squadron 42

Also, Star Marine any time now.

Cant wait.

I´d also like to join SomethingJones in my excitement for the upcoming Star Marine. Bunch of Mushroomhurts.

MVP indeed. You know the funny part though, cultist will ignore all the promises and just fixate in the other game. They will claim that whatever that SC MVP ends up featuring it will have more stuff than the other game had at launch. Quick everyone! Fetch that other space game feature list at launch and compare notes!

PS: Looking forward to SJ transcription of question no 4. That one is the real meat and sabre.

Nyx is a very famous cosmetics line... I have some in my bathroom.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Richie Stardust posted:

Grass carp is an invader and is taking over the waters here. It's a monster sized fish, very very armored (50% of arrows bounce), and they are totally edible.

Also, she exploded herself. Grass carp rip themselves in half trying to get off of an arrow or hook. They jump out of the water like dolphins. But I won't eat anything I shoot here, this water is partially fed by petrochemical refineries "clean" discharge.

Inedible.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Hopper posted:

Is it just me or is there more Littlefinger than Oldman in this Oldman?

As in, IW has more fidelity on their little finger than CIG has in their whole 300+ bodies

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

That's an odd dildo.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

notice it's already building up so that colonists bring animals from their home planet and let them loose. Like frogs and owls. It's already stitching itself together

Yup, that's how it works.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lladre posted:

Travelling at a heady 0.58m per second.

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jesus christ, Croberts, get some restorative dental work done.
It's not like you can't afford it.

• Locked thread