Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

it's a good thing americans don't vote

Aw cripes, I bought a fresh box of Twinings to drink in me Mini while I pet me corgi and vote in the Brexit. 'Tis all for nought! :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

loving . . . on june 16th, your "just a thought" is cruz-kasich

thank god for the Ralph Douthat Twitter Account, for it is extremely deserved

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd still like news outlets to do a good job on stories not about America.

The Atlantic wrote an article about Our Collective National Uncle.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
The thing about those polls is that they presume a competent GOTV effort from both parties, where is one party is going to have an unusually competent GOTV and the other party is going to have none whatsoever.

I'm calling it now: Trump will underperform the polls on Election Day if he is still the candidate.

Fake Edit: let me ammendment the above and change "Trump" to "the Republican nominee" because GOTV efforts are extremely complicated and take a while to spin up, and even if the GOP nominee had 500 million sitting in the bank there would be no way to build a competent organization in time for November.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 21, 2016

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
What is Arzying, and why is it called that?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Civilized Fishbot posted:

it comes from the latin "To Arz" which means unnecessarily worry about democrats losing an election.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The fact that he only has 1.3 million on hand compared to Hillary's 42 million dollar war chest is loving insane. Has there even been any anti Hillary attack ads yet? It seems that on the election day we're going to probably see one of the worst defeats in history.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Nah

IDK what it is, maybe they've always been this bad.

Maybe they just keep toeing a center line dragged so far off the board by the bumbling idiots that make up the gop base?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Back in the halcyon days of Obamarama (2008) there was a poster called Arzy and whenever anything implying Obama may not win (or anything implying he might!) turned up, he'd freak out.

David Plouffe calls this kind of person a bedwetter. It seems to be a Democratic ailment.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Imagine CelestialScribe was named Azry.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
This whole election is just... it's just too good.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/21/trump-s-campaign-is-disastrously-short-on-cash.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SenatorReid/status/745257672535117824
https://twitter.com/DSenFloor/status/745258156591284224
https://twitter.com/SenatorReid/status/745258071732162561

Never stop tweeting, Harry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Maybe they just keep toeing a center line dragged so far off the board by the bumbling idiots that make up the gop base?

They're just chasing ratings like everyone else. I don't think this is anything but another example of the continued decline of American journalism.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So what does a hypothetical Trump drop out look like, if he wanted to call it quits early? What would be his justification if he can't own any of his personal or campaign failings?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Deified Data posted:

So what does a hypothetical Trump drop out look like, if he wanted to call it quits early? What would be his justification if he can't own any of his personal or campaign failings?

Ostensibly because the Republicans weren't fair to him and didn't help him raise money to fight Crooked HIllary -- but then, that would require an admission that he couldn't self-fund (which I think it's pretty obvious he's not actually wealthy enough to do that, so._)

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

They're just chasing ratings like everyone else. I don't think this is anything but another example of the continued decline of American journalism.

Yeah that pretty much described all of journalism going to poo poo. Click bait and the various other forms of media poo poo away!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Well the next FEC report is in the middle of the RNC, probably the day after Trump officially becomes the nominee. So it will look hilarious.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Well the next FEC report is in the middle of the RNC, probably the day after Trump officially becomes the nominee. So it will look hilarious.

I don't think there's anyway he could actually pull out of this at this point.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/745257206061338624

I hope there's no teleprompter.

edit: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/745260520282951681

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

We couldn't possibly be that lucky.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:allears: trump, :allears:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Edit: I need more coffee.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 21, 2016

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I hope he joins Dingell and the two of them become Twitter's political Waldorf and Statler.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
loving lol. Just two days ago this thread was telling me I was a loving idiot for thinking Trump could win Ohio. Now a poll says theyre tied.

But impossible, right guys?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

loving lol. Just two days ago this thread was telling me I was a loving idiot for thinking Trump could win Ohio. Now a poll says theyre tied.

Did you know you've never posted anything in this thread other than bullshit about Trump can win it. That's why I think youre a loving idiot.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CelestialScribe posted:

checked again, yup, you're still a loving idiot

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Ostensibly because the Republicans weren't fair to him and didn't help him raise money to fight Crooked HIllary -- but then, that would require an admission that he couldn't self-fund (which I think it's pretty obvious he's not actually wealthy enough to do that, so._)

Yeah, I just can't imagine a scenario in which he doesn't have to own up to his own failings, even indirectly. The closest I can come to is some sort of "you were mean so I'm taking my toys and going home" scenario, like we don't deserve him as a president and his time is more valuable than that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

CelestialScribe posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of everyone in this thread saying that Trump would never moderate himself.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

Q-poll leans a couple of points to the Right, and is now trending towards Hillary in their own models. But hey, glad you understand how polls work and that state level polling at this stage isn't incredibly accurate.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hollismason posted:

The fact that he only has 1.3 million on hand compared to Hillary's 42 million dollar war chest is loving insane. Has there even been any anti Hillary attack ads yet? It seems that on the election day we're going to probably see one of the worst defeats in history.

His attack ads are going to take the form of press conferences like the one tomorrow

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Speaking as someone who has followed every major election, presidential or otherwise, over the last eight years as anxiously as an expectant father outside a maternity ward, you need to calm the gently caress down. Your "predictions" moved well past hysteria a while ago and now you're just doubling down instead of backing off because you want to be seen as a Cassandra instead of a guy who made some bad posts.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

nachos posted:

His attack ads are going to take the form of press conferences like the one tomorrow

Basically because he can't afford advertising. It's amazing.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Celestial Scribe is a fitting name because your posts are so far fetched they are actually in space.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

CelestialScribe posted:

That poll showing a tie is also showing a 4pt move toward Clinton since the last one in early may. Calm down.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

AhhYes posted:

That poll showing a tie is also showing a 4pt move toward Clinton since the last one in early may. Calm down.

And an 8 point gap in Florida.

He could win Ohio and still lose by huge EC margins

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Celestial Scribe is a fitting name because your posts are so far fetched they are actually in space.

you have found a way to rip on CelestialScribe that makes you come off as lamer than Arzy 2016 himself.

congratulations on your groundbreaking contribution to Posting Science.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AhhYes posted:

He's a troll dude, he doesn't want to calm down.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm really pulling for Gary Johnson to get that %15 polling average and go to the debates.

Don't a lot of states have rule where if you get over %10 of the vote in a statewide contest your party gets automatic ballot access next time? If Johnson can do that, the libertarian party might field tons of candidates state and congressional elections in the midterms and gently caress everything up for the GOP.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trump strikes me as a "if I can't have it nobody can" type of guy who would not actually drop out but instead just stop campaigning while fighting attempts to change the nominee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I am sorry I keep skimming this thread because of bernie/gun chat. I missed it.

Did trump really throw in the towel at calling 25 real rich people to get money for his campaign?

Cause drat that makes me reconsider prestors view on the narcissist angle.

Trump sells himself as being a big successful business man. He could easily Say he wasnt begging for money he was giving a few "VERY GOOD FRIENDS OF HIS A CHANCE TO HELP OUT" he could do a few tv ads where he loving sells his stupid supports a support trump kit for 2 dollars and the kit is like button or hell a red and back trump arm band.

I bet when he did those phone calls he those donors took the wrong tone with him and he just loving lost it. Which would be great gently caress he could record the calls clown the dudes for not wanting to give him money then public talk about how they are hilary supports and not real republicans willing to help out.

• Locked thread