Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toady
Jan 12, 2009

THC posted:

when ios 7 came out yospos flipped its poo poo over that icon being animated because "lol two clocks"

yospos shifted its running in-joke from apple being unquestioningly flawless to "it's getting androidier". just keeping the comedy fresh around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

yospos lost it's way when it called apple good, people are forgetting that everything is a piece of poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i actually like my Apple iPhone, mostly. i just don't like the way that every single software release since the death of Steve Jobs has been worse than the last.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was walking around toronto the other day and they had like an eighty foot long billboard with pictures of apple watches on it, and from down on the street half of the images were blatantly 3D renderings. like the quality that some of my better students might do -- conveying the idea but obviously not a photograph of the real product. the lighting was wrong. what the gently caress, apple? this is the first time i've seen that level of mediocrity from them

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

tell us what was wrong with the lighting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GameCube posted:

i actually like my Apple iPhone, mostly. i just don't like the way that every single software release since the death of Steve Jobs has been worse than the last.

the death of jobs was a blessing for apple. thank god for timb.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Toady posted:

tell us what was wrong with the lighting

each watch was rendered in a featureless gray environment with no hard light sources and with no other objects around, leading to unrealistic-looking reflections on matte surfaces.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

- when you fly low over a field, cows should scatter realistically according to a herd model, here is a scientific paper modeling this behavior

loving lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zen death robot posted:

explain in detail why you believe this

don't feed the trolls. :rolleyes:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol. his glorious return

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

timb is a rich man first and a gay man second: http://daringfireball.net/linked/2016/06/20/cook-ryan-fundraiser

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

each watch was rendered in a featureless gray environment with no hard light sources and with no other objects around, leading to unrealistic-looking reflections on matte surfaces.

are you sure? my understanding is that apple bases on real-world photography (e.g., Peter Belanger)

edit:

Toady fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 21, 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jon gruber, the alpha Apple Boy: tim cook's support of man who voted against marriage equality, gay adoption, and gay hate crime laws is "interesting"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
jon gruber is the biggest tool alive

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it took me five seconds on google to learn all of that, so tim and jon really don't have any excuse.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Shaggar posted:

jon gruber is the biggest tool alive
he really is a complete turd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tim cook knows he can buy all the equality he personally wants, so making sure paul ryan is apple, or really, apple ceo friendly is vastly more important to him than any social justice. this is because tim cook is, in addition to being a bad ceo, a bad person.

Godspeed You! Black Conservative
Dec 30, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

tim cook knows he can buy all the equality he personally wants, so making sure paul ryan is apple, or really, apple ceo friendly is vastly more important to him than any social justice. this is because tim cook is, in addition to being a bad ceo, a bad person.

hey

hey

tcook had like 15 seconds of silence for pulse victims at the keynote

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the best part is after the moment of silence they all literally applauded themselves

Godspeed You! Black Conservative
Dec 30, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

the best part is after the moment of silence they all literally applauded themselves

hell, we deserved it :smugdog:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

forming a relationship with the second person in line to the presidency, who sets the legislative agenda, shocking

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

Shaggar was right

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

My iPhone has been getting stuck in 1x mode lately when it comes out of no service so I have to toggle airplane mode to force it to reconnect to LTE.

zen death robot posted:

I'm just going to prepare you for the fact that a bunch of people are gonna tell you it's because you have the incorrect carrier or something like that

*takes a deep breath*

its called inter-Radio Access Technology handover and it's actually very complex

i bet you haven't even heard of eHRPD :rolleyes:

but yes it's verizon's fault

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cool

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

I have tmobile

tmobile is very good

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
wasn't jony gruber that guy in die hard

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
yes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mishaq posted:

*takes a deep breath*

its called inter-Radio Access Technology handover and it's actually very complex

It didn't do this with either of my old Android phones, which obviously also have software defined radios so unless the Apple radio is a special snowflake its not Verizons fault.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

*takes a deep breath*

end result, and I had a similar issue except no radio service at all after I left my work, and the common demoninator? mac phones

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mishaq posted:

tmobile is very good

lol no

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol, had to reboot to get the phone out of pisstank mode this morning

even manually turning nightshift off completely wouldn't reset the white point

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
have you considered that apple is perfect and you were holding it wrong?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

actually, it's good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

It didn't do this with either of my old Android phones, which obviously also have software defined radios so unless the Apple radio is a special snowflake its not Verizons fault.

the phone doesn't get to choose what frequency/radio technology it's on, the network controls that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mishaq posted:

actually, it's good

lol no

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
T-Mobile: for when you never leave home.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

tmobile has a bunch of 700
mhz spectrum now

also theyve/they are reframing all their 1900 mhz pcs spectrum to have lte as well

if you live in a large metropolitan area tmobile probably has the best performance tbqh

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

tmobile works great anyplace you'd want to go in my lovely fly-over state even the tiny town with my cabin has a tower now thanks anime lady bike phone person

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

you can always get one of their microcells if you live in shitsburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I like how every complaint about iPhones boils down to "its too hard to side load my nes roms"

• Locked thread