Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
It's taken me since HoT launched to get even one elite done, I sure as gently caress won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Other than the Legendary Insights all of that is on par with making a legendary weapon, in terms of grind. The LIs are dumb as hell though

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I'm good with my Rog and Twilight, poo poo I don't even have ascended yet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

knowonecanknow posted:

I bet all you nerds will end up with the legendary armor. I know I will.

not really, no

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Y'all talk tough now, but we'll see what happens when the armor is revealed and the pants give off a green fart cloud when you run.

this is already a thing for helmet shoulders and gloves so it would go well with my look

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is what happens to GOONs when they try to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6yb86wEk-M

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Generic Octopus posted:

I just don't find raiding fun enough to bother.

It seems pretty fun but I'd have to find nerds to play it with and i'm busy fridays when goons do it (last I read).

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Stormgale posted:

It seems pretty fun but I'd have to find nerds to play it with and i'm busy fridays when goons do it (last I read).

It's the nerds that sap my enjoyment. Mechanically the raids seem fine, but the constant droning in my ear of people discussing standing in green circles and breaking break bars and yadayadayada just kills my enthusiasm.

Just give me heroes so I can can discordway/Sabway in peace and not interact with people in this multiplayer game.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
If you want to roleplay gw1 by turning off mumble, standing in a corner and pretending that the 9 other players killing the boss are heroes please msg The Bee Man Of Sfd. SFD has many role players at this point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah when do we do raids anyway? I'd like to learn the fights, as they seem pretty fun on streams I have watched.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
New playable race in LS3

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Visidan posted:

If you want to roleplay gw1 by turning off mumble, standing in a corner and pretending that the 9 other players killing the boss are heroes please msg The Bee Man Of Sfd. SFD has many role players at this point.

Jesus loving christ why did the good continent get the RP group

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

I roleplay being a piano virtouso by playing condi engi

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Amidst all the complaints about buggy Xera ley-lines, sometimes good things can happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSBnise8io

:frogc00l:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Since boosting my Ele, I've just been exploring the new zones and doing events and slowly working my way through the story. And trying to get all of those 10 hero point nodes so I can fully unlock Tempest. Is there something else I should be doing too? Is there some idiot baby's guide to HoT content?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Since boosting my Ele, I've just been exploring the new zones and doing events and slowly working my way through the story. And trying to get all of those 10 hero point nodes so I can fully unlock Tempest. Is there something else I should be doing too? Is there some idiot baby's guide to HoT content?

Congrats, you are Experiencing The Game

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tsurupettan posted:

No this is exactly what you should be doing unless you have strong personal preferences for specific things.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

My only advice is in case you haven't made it to the fourth map yet and get frustrated with the hero points, there's seven HPs there that you can get on your own once the meta is completed. Actually you might be able to get some of them before it's completed now but it'd be much easier after.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO8LuSIAyDE

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

*opens wallet*

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

*opens wallet*

good job, a skritt just stole all your money.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
It's Arus, the skritt legally owns half of it anyway.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Goddamn, and I just bought my tools :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

Goddamn, and I just bought my tools :(

Uhhh buy more. Clearly. Duh.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I don't get the outrage about LI requirements for legendary armor. You know that raids have been out for a long, long time right? And that they explicitly stated that you'd need Legendary Insights to make the armor? The legendary armor is meant for people who raid, just like the fractal/PvP backpacks and WvW armor sets require you to play a certain game mode to get. You can call it a 4 month timegate if you want, but nothing stopped anyone from saving up the ingredients everyone knew would be necessary since what, November? Honestly the ingredients seem mostly reasonable to me, although 600 of each T6 certainly stings.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's a 4 month time gate, seems pretty easy to get.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

The legendary armor is meant for people who raid

ding ding ding

It should also be available to people who can't, or don't want to raid. But seriously gently caress that hilarious grind, and :lol: at anyone who does it

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

ding ding ding

It should also be available to people who can't, or don't want to raid. But seriously gently caress that hilarious grind, and :lol: at anyone who does it

Careful Arus, that's welfare legendary talk.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Careful Arus, that's welfare legendary talk.

Wanting non-exclusive content is...."welfare legendary talk"?!?!!?!?!

...whatever that even is

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS90KqqlEU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wanting non-exclusive content is...."welfare legendary talk"?!?!!?!?!

...whatever that even is

Back during WoW when they introduced dungeons tokens, the elitist part of the community would call them welfare epics I think it was.

I mean I agree with you, would be nice to have some system to let people buy the raid stuff without having to worry about doing the raid, or maybe have some sort of raid currency and you can get what you want eventually even if you only do the 1st wing all the time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Back during WoW when they introduced dungeons tokens, the elitist part of the community would call them welfare epics I think it was

Lmao people actually got mad about offering dungeon rewards to casual players? God MMO players are the worst, glad to see nothing has changed really for that subset of the population.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Might have been raid tokens also, I don't remember, I'm sure someone can fill us in, Mizuti maybe? I know she played WoW for awhile.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I appreciate your efforts to tell me but I burst into flames if I think about WoW.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFYF2uC424

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lmao people actually got mad about offering dungeon rewards to casual players? God MMO players are the worst, glad to see nothing has changed really for that subset of the population.

Well when you've spent many years religiously playing a game like a second (or even first) job and all you have to show for it are purples I can see how a degenerate casual wearing last season's purples might inflame the hardcore raider's bitter heart.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It's beautiful.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

I don't get the outrage about LI requirements for legendary armor. You know that raids have been out for a long, long time right? And that they explicitly stated that you'd need Legendary Insights to make the armor? The legendary armor is meant for people who raid, just like the fractal/PvP backpacks and WvW armor sets require you to play a certain game mode to get. You can call it a 4 month timegate if you want, but nothing stopped anyone from saving up the ingredients everyone knew would be necessary since what, November? Honestly the ingredients seem mostly reasonable to me, although 600 of each T6 certainly stings.

You're missing that it is now, with the release of Wing 3, a 4 month time gate. Previously it was a 6 or 12 month time gate. It takes four months of killing every raid boss in the game religiously. It's not "go raid every week and clear what you can and you can get it after around 4 months" it's that you must kill every single boss in the game every week for four months.

Even if they cut the Legendary Insight requirement down to 15 per piece, 90 LIs is still more than I have and I've been raiding pretty much every week since December. The requirement to have LIs is fine, it's the number of the things that you need that's ridiculous.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

ding ding ding

Also the PvP legendary should just be added tot he cash shop so I wouldn't have to PvP to get it, and the WvW armour set should just be a guaranteed drop from random mobs in PvE because I don't understand why I should WvW to get WvW rewards. Literally every game mode has rewards unique to it, but somehow this wasn't a problem until you found a game mode you personally don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

Also the PvP legendary should just be added tot he cash shop so I wouldn't have to PvP to get it, and the WvW armour set should just be a guaranteed drop from random mobs in PvE because I don't understand why I should WvW to get WvW rewards. Literally every game mode has rewards unique to it, but somehow this wasn't a problem until you found a game mode you personally don't like.

That's a very disingenuous response, I did not say anything like that, I have never said anything like that, and you are telling me what I think when that's not true. This isn't something I want to discuss with you when you jump in with lovely, rude, and false statements like this. Good night Waci!

• Locked thread