Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5j4lL3r1g&t=329s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

fnox posted:

Ok, it's my time to say it now, you don't understand software development. Refactoring doesn't change the functional requirements of the system, it doesn't imply anything but a restructuring, that is, you refactor a codebase to restructure it, in order to improve manageability and maintainability. Ultimately this can be broken down as "turning functional yet poo poo code into code other programmers can easily understand". Structural changes may introduce more code (i.e, IoC patterns like dependency injection are usually quite verbose), but nothing that actually alters how the business logic of the application works.

What they're doing is not a refactorization of any kind. They're rewriting, pure and simple. They have parts of the engine they can't use and have to throw away in order to make way for new ones. This wouldn't be such a problem if it weren't being done well after production already started, a good adage software developers often follow is that a week in planning saves a month in implementation. I understand that requisites may change during development (This is why Agile is a thing), but doing massive structural changes while simultaneously adding on new content to show to users is doomed for disaster, I've seen multiple examples of it in my time.

They should have figured out that the default CryEngine 3 netcode, for example, wouldn't have been able to scale at all with the scope of the project, this is an obvious tech requirement any decent developer can see as necessary. Archeage, a Cryengine 3 MMO considered this in the planning phase and thus built that before everything else, resulting in servers that can hold 3000 simultaneous players and instances that can hold hundreds without any significant increase in latency, they even deliberately tested naval battles and they can manage to have 20 large ships in a single area, all filled with people, without the server crashing. You can't have 20 players in Star Citizen standing next to each other without the client crashing.

My problem with the game is that their core tech is poo poo, and if changing that before implementing anything would have taken them a year, changing it during production will take them 3 or 4 easily.

Good news commando!

You don't actually need to know software development. You just need to have standards. That's all.

Compare what you've seen so far. Does it live up to your standards?

If yes, then buy pledge some more.

If no, then good news, you're Derek Smart.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lladre posted:

One of the things that most put me off about SWTOR was having to run to the ship, a door then run tot he cockpit.
The starfarer is like running from the city market to the port to the ship to the cockpit, every time you get into it.

To say this poo poo will get old fast is an understatement.

Let's just say that magically somehow this game actually got created with multiple people in instances.
Guilds would have to pay members incentives to get them to fly these pieces of fun sucking corridor running ships.

Negative Nancy.

1) A whale owns a Starfarer.
2) Somehow, he is able to get enough buds together for game night to crew it around everyone's real life schedules. What's the Starfarer crew? Ten? Simple. Of course there will be 50 hours of loving around in the game to get the pipe fitters, scanning officers, fuel boom operators, turret operators, etc. trained for their roles. I'm sure his group will have military type rankings as well.
3) CIG flips switch to up instancing count to 100.
4) CIG flips switch to turn on scanning and boarding mechanics.
5) CIG flips switch to turn on FPS mechanics so cool fights can take place in every nook and cranny of the Starfarer. Imagine your friend Bob who stamps out auto parts for a living but is your ship's cook holed up in a crawl space. He is the last line of defense. Immersion.
6) Somehow in the vastness of space a biker gang finds the Starfarer, boards, and there you go. Epic firefight.
7) A last dying breath before the captain, overwhelmed by the chatbox activity realizes he lost and must self-destruct. After a long evening of clenching twin HOTAS and a high risk of DVT he surmises it will take 2 hours to get a replacement due to the ship building economy system. Combined with the fact it will take another 2 hours to get everyone in the same instance for another go, he signs off..."commandos, it's been nice to know ya."
8) The virtual captain goes to bed, and sleeps soundly on a bed of ships with LTI.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 21, 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - not just because they say so. Could it be that there are over 150 people in two locations and no dissent among them? I mean, if there was no work or no progression, wouldn't there be more of a mass exodus? Or - at the least - wouldn't there be more outward communication portraying CIG in a negative light? Discord and forums are literally full of developers and designers saying (this is what I'm working on now, and this is what's going on, we're building this, etc..). Are those all strategic and well-placed lies?

Where can we access those discord channels full of real info on this open development Project?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sedisp posted:

You keep saying this. Why MUST this be true beyond you want to believe its true?
Because he isn't talking to us. He's trying to convince the undecided, the people who find this discussion while searching for information on Star Citizen. Because he is literally, at least according to the fine folk at Urban Dictionary, a shitehawk:

quote:

A useless, going nowhere, idiot that talks crap.

quote:

A common expression in Ireland meaning the poorest of the poor - a person whose trade is selling cow-dung as a manure.
In Cork the inhabitants of the poorer districts were defined as 'shitehawks who came in from beyond the lights years ago with muck between their toes and nothing between their ears'; 'Beyond the lights' meaning outside the city limits or the area covered by street lighting. Manure selling was actually a trade in Cork. People took handcarts into the countryside, collected cowdung and hawked it to gardeners as a cheap fertiliser.

He is here to hawk his shite.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Wrecked Angle posted:

Exactly this.

And this is also why I fluctuate between laughing my rear end off and tearing my hair out when interacting with the SC faithful on reddit. You can explain your (our, I suppose) position completely logically with indisputable reason and they're just like 'but.. secret dev build' or 'I just want the shiny'.

If they had anything that was considerably better than what they have now, why wouldn't they show it? Why? Because spoilers?! Don't make me loving cringe. The whole point is that they would have better gameplay systems, not just the odd set piece which is being used in Sq42. They're supposed to be releasing a AAA rivalling game in less than 6 months time and they haven't shown a single piece of competent AI. No, not 20 generic spacemen walking in a scene without bumping into each other! I'm talking about actual loving NPC AI. FPS enemies taking cover behind terrain, running to get into/away from the action, awareness of a players presence and calling in reinforcements, you know, all the poo poo that actual games have had for goddamn decades!

This poo poo is so basic it's just loving astounding that they don't have it. They could tear it out from the original bloody Half-life ffs or even.. I dunno.. Crysis?!

Why are they:

Setting up an NDA'd tester group
Rolling out testing in waves
Asking for bug reports

...on a build that is behind what they have in secret.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - not just because they say so. Could it be that there are over 150 people in two locations and no dissent among them? I mean, if there was no work or no progression, wouldn't there be more of a mass exodus? Or - at the least - wouldn't there be more outward communication portraying CIG in a negative light? Discord and forums are literally full of developers and designers saying (this is what I'm working on now, and this is what's going on, we're building this, etc..). Are those all strategic and well-placed lies?

Or they could be idiots. Or they could be parroting what they're being told to say and they want to keep their jobs. Or they could have made SOME progress but showing it would shatter faith in the project because of how hosed it was You are aware that this would not be the first time this identical thing has happened and to more professional teams right?

Or you're taking "we're working on the back end" to mean "we've fixed the back end."

See we're back to me asking if everything is fine and things are proceeding normally why have the shown literally nothing? This is something you always dodge but I am putting it here because if you try and dodge it again it will be entirely obvious what you are doing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHvUKTEcXA&t=53s

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"daveydiablo7610 minutes agoI've been trying to get a refund since late last year due to CGI's complete failure to manage their product and as a refund was explicitly mentioned in their original TOS, as well as their previous TOS.

I was strung along for over 2 months until being denied, with panicked emails claiming that the escapist article was a 'hatchet job' and that Derek Smart had a personal vendetta against Star Citizen (I've kept the emails and screenshots as they wiped their customer service DB late last year to 'clean-up), despite the fact that I'd explicitly mentioned that in several communications that these factors were not the reason I was requesting a refund.I Tried again recently. Denied again. I'm now looking to take legal action.

I implore any rational individual to think VERY hard before funding this game. Arrogant, piss-poor management with an outrageously blinded and toxic communities in gaming to boot."

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

orcinus posted:

<WARNING: yet another semi-effort post>

I once attended a short little workshop on world building by Richard Morgan (of the Altered Carbon et al. fame).
He had this awesome little scheme for building a world on the spot, without actually building a world, if that makes sense. The premise is that you don't need to build the whole thing, just build enough enticing details that make the reader fill in the blanks, and make it really easy for you to extend whenever and wherever you need. Kinda like what Croberts would like to do and be able to do, but isn't.

Morgan's shtick was this - you come up with a set of names. Not names in the sense of "Peter", "Joe" or "Bubba", but more complex names, that can stand in for anything and be anything. I remember one particular name, for example, was "The Ground-out Crew" - you don't really know what it means and what it stands for just by looking at it. Maybe it's a bar. Maybe it's a gang (someone joked it's a gang of disgruntled electrical engineers). Maybe it's a fleet or a wing.

Once you think up a bunch of cool sounding and (forgive me) evocative names, you go to town - you start using them in your work and let the story fill in the blanks itself. You already have a head-start in world building without building an actual world, because the names sound like there's so much more to it than what you just wrote. And, where necessary, you start branching off and expanding on the actual background.

My point is - names are very important and can sell you a world easily. They are what you spot first in a sentence, they are what draws you in a story and a particular piece of world-building you're participating in or consuming.

Now look at the names in Star Citizen. Port Olisar. Crusader. Anvil. Stanton. Pike. Aremis.

They're poo poo. They all either sound like a residential care home, a mistype of a residential care home, or something a 6-year old would come up with. Even the names of the games themselves are idiotic. Star loving Citizen. What is this, an American Idol spinoff? Squadron 42? Sounds like a bad fanfic. It's horrid. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that, as boring and poo poo the names are, what you imagine reading them is somehow more interesting than what they actually stand for. Port Olisar? Ooo, sounds like a really dinky pirate bar with an autoironic "important" sounding name. Nope, it's a lovely gray station with a janky rotating ring, some wank pods and a few boring corridors. Crusader? Hmmm... is it a dreadnaught of some kind? No wait, i know, this is Star Citizen, so it's gotta be someone's callsign or something. Nope - it's a company. Called Crusader. No, really. And they named a planet after themselves. Because Croberts got the idea from Chrysler and the Chrysler building.

Jesus loving christ. It's just... bleh. Hopeless.

Aha, now I finally understand the mechanism behind why I always write down weird names my brain belches up for use in my D&D campaign.
Always a good feeling when I introduce an NPC or a pub or a street name and the players get a chuckle out of the name. It means they're forming a mental image already.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Anyone say manofmanyassets yet

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citisain't.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

And that's even assuming they manage to fix all the spots where you fall through the drat floor. Not to mention the loving view. I feel bad for anyone who is excited to spend the next ten years screwing around in one of those things.

:same:

Sandi still hasn't gotten a hold of me yet. Knock on wood.

<raps on Legman's foot>

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

MoMA, I'd like to share something with you.

When I was 17, I went out looking for a better job than my lovely retail position making 8 bucks an hour. I saw a flyer for a guaranteed $15 an hour, selling knives for Cutco. The flyer said I'd make a guaranteed $15 an hour, and all I had to do was demo knives to people. They'd pay me even if I didn't sell a dime worth of knives. Every appointment itself was spreading the good word of Cutco.

I called the company and got an interview 2 days later. I drove to a small non-descript office in a strip mall not too far from where I lived, and there I was. Fresh shirt and tie. Ready to be a professional and make all that loot. I was ushered into an office, and told I'd be great for the job. It was more of a conversation than an interview. They even showed me some videos of cutco knives cutting through a penny. A Penny! Then it cut through a solid rope in just a few cuts. It was a magic set of knives, better than anything else on the knife market. I thought it was almost too good to be true. The only catch was that I'd have to buy my own knife set up front for $150. Considering I'd be making $15 every time I show them to anyone, it sounded like a good idea.

I decided to take a few days and think about the job. Luckily, I had a friend who had tried this job out the previous summer. It turns out, Cutco makes a tidy business selling these knives up front to "salesmen", and that the knives were too expensive for anyone but the biggest idiots to actually buy. After he was hired, they worked hard to get him to set up appointments with all his family and extended family. He did get about $40 bucks back on the first few demos. When he got discouraged about the job, the company offered him a referral bonus if he could convince others to come and interview for the position. He quit after just a few weeks. It turns out, the business was really just about producing fancy marketing videos, and convincing kids about a too good to be true offer.

Do you know any other companies who subsist off fancy marketing videos and selling dreams to kids?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

"A mission or two" would imply that the major gameplay systems are in place and at a mature state and that all that was left was for CIG to work on content creation. Remember that Erin said that when SQ42 was released it would be a "final, polished" game so unless they want to eliminate their credibility even more (of course they do) then one would expect all the gameplay elements to be there. I suspect that's utterly feasible (I wouldn't be surprised if they could shove all of the assets in CryEngine and poo poo out a mission or two in five months), but it seems unlikely especially given the lack of progress shown on the PTU.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ManofManyAliases, do you think you could procure a belt so strong even Ben could hang himself with it once the liquidators show up?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So what did Roberts claim initially in the kickstarter? He could make the game by 2014 for 2 million dollars? Correct?

Then there's the stretch goals. They kept adding them until 63 million. Let's say they need 63 million to make the game. They have double that?

Why are they raising money? I know the answer, I'd love to hear it from them.

Is Roberts such a bad CEO that he can't make the game he envisioned with 63 million? Why does he need more? Is he that bad a developer he cant even set a release date?

I know the answer to all these questions, I just dont understand why Citizens dont ask it.

As for the CIG employees, I'd love to work at a place that has no deadlines. I'd turn in the MVP worth of work a week and laugh my rear end off at my job. I imagine that's what 90% of their employees are doing. The other 10% are Ben Lesnick

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Colostomy Bag posted:

Negative Nancy.

1) A whale owns a Starfarer.
2) Somehow, he is able to get enough buds together for game night to crew it around everyone's real life schedules. What's the Starfarer crew? Ten? Simple. Of course there will be 50 hours of loving around in the game to get the pipe fitters, scanning officers, fuel boom operators, turret operators, etc. trained for their roles. I'm sure his group will have military type rankings as well.
3) CIG flips switch to up instancing count to 100.
4) CIG flips switch to turn on scanning and boarding mechanics.
5) CIG flips switch to turn on FPS mechanics so cool fights can take place in every nook and cranny of the Starfarer. Imagine your friend Bob who stamps out auto parts for a living but is your ship's cook holed up in a crawl space. He is the last line of defense. Immersion.
6) Somehow in the vastness of space a biker gang finds the Starfarer, boards, and there you go. Epic firefight.
7) A last dying breath before the captain, overwhelmed by the chatbox activity realizes he lost and must self-destruct. After a long evening of clenching twin HOTAS and a high risk of DVT he surmises it will take 2 hours to get a replacement due to the ship building economy system. Combined with the fact it will take another 2 hours to get everyone in the same instance for another go, he signs off..."commandos, it's been nice to know ya."
8) The virtual captain goes to bed, and sleeps soundly on a bed of ships with LTI.

9) ha ha none of that really happened because anyone who thinks that sounded fun already bought their own space bus and gently caress you if you think I'm going to be the cook on yours. you can be the cook on mine :colbert:

it was hard enough getting someone to be your tailgunner in WWIIOnline and that was actually a good game (e: it was also very fidelitous, done by a small team on a shoestring budget, and was/is real)

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 21, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am still laughing that people are still disputing the beginning of development of star citizen considering Croberts has already stated the start date.

There is nothing to debate. The date is set. Stop making up loving dates you idiots.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Something I'm curious about.

let's put aside the argument about if the game does / will exist.

Why do you feel the need to be invested ($3000-$4000) so heavily into the game? You obviously attach some value to that money since you just said you consider the grey market your out if you finally give up on the game.

Do you not attach enough value in that money to try and protect it now by cashing out a portion of what you have invested?

Or are you that optimistic in the project that at this point, you are saying you would still buy in for $4000 if you had just found out about it.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
On the one hand: Dilbert, euugh.

On the other hand: dang son

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Something I'm curious about.

let's put aside the argument about if the game does / will exist.

Why do you feel the need to be invested ($3000-$4000) so heavily into the game? You obviously attach some value to that money since you just said you consider the grey market your out if you finally give up on the game.

Do you not attach enough value in that money to try and protect it now by cashing out a portion of what you have invested?

Or are you that optimistic in the project that at this point, you are saying you would still buy in for $4000 if you had just found out about it.

you dont know anything about disposable income development

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just because the term is "disposable income" doesnt mean you have to take it literally

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

As for the CIG employees, I'd love to work at a place that has no deadlines. I'd turn in the MVP worth of work a week and laugh my rear end off at my job. I imagine that's what 90% of their employees are doing. The other 10% are Ben Lesnick
And the worrying thing (other than the possibility of being caught in the blast radius when :lesnick:'s heart finally explodes) is that compared to Lesnick they ARE doing good work. They're at least doing something, he's just dicking around with Russian Wing Commander novels and making spreadsheets not even the next biggest WC nerd could care about.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Morris posted:

9) ha ha none of that really happened because anyone who thinks that sounded fun already bought their own space bus and gently caress you if you think I'm going to be the cook on yours. you can be the cook on mine :colbert:

it was hard enough getting someone to be your tailgunner in WWIIOnline and that was actually a good game (e: it was also very fidelitous, done by a small team on a shoestring budget, and was/is real)

Ha yep. I forgot though you can hire NPC's to do the grunt work I guess in SC.

As for WWIIOnline, I find that game is the biggest parallel to this one. I remember reading the forums before launch crazy scenarios everyone thought would be possible.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

For a guy that came here to discuss facts and such I've never seen you present one. The fact is that the game they show, the one that we can play, is pure poo poo. If you want to believe that, for whatever reason, they chose to hide their actual advances then that's your choice.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Considering that he's used the term invest and assets he thinks he's very good with money and that 3-4k is an investment that will reap rewards in the end. Coupled with the fact that he's said he has disposable income he's one of those people that thinks they're great with money but they're actually terrible with it they just make a decent amount more than their expenses.

Not dissimilar to a kid who gets their first job when they still live at their parents and have no expenses beyond what poo poo they decide to buy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

ManofManyAliases, do you think you could procure a belt so strong even Ben could hang himself with it once the liquidators show up?

A botched Lesnick autoerotic-asphyxiation took down the twin towers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Once again I find myself confounded, this time by the comparison of CIG to the Wright Brothers. I think maybe it just confirm that these people are really hosed up in the head

this is coming from someone who is also hosed up in the head but at least not in the delusional sense I suppose.

In an older thread someone compared Stat Citizen to the Apollo program.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am just saying that, if after five/six years of work they manage to release one-two missions then everything will be validated guys! A whole two missions!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IIRC that Star Citizen was actually harder than Apollo Program because the Apollo Program had been done before

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hmmm Ive got 3 grand in disposable income... I could
a) Take the entire fam to a 7 day Disney World vacation, where I can eat lobster and probably get a handjob while my children are eaten by crocs
b) Buy concept ships for a game that doesnt work

hmmmm

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

a) Take the entire fam to a 7 day Disney World vacation, where I can eat lobster and probably get a handjob while my children are eaten by crocs

hmmmm

One of the ships is a space bike.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Madcosby posted:

hmmmm

But add some context. You are a shut in nerd who despises the sun and has nothing beyond the thousands of dollars they've pissed away on video games crap. Now someone is promising to finnaly feel that hole you feel anytime you see people having fun in public.

You pick B.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ha yep. I forgot though you can hire NPC's to do the grunt work I guess in SC.

As for WWIIOnline, I find that game is the biggest parallel to this one. I remember reading the forums before launch crazy scenarios everyone thought would be possible.

I played WWIIOnline on and off over a number of years and it actually evolved into a very competent simulation. Ballistics, vehicle damage, and dynamics were actually modeled as physical processes and got pretty sophisticated. Unfortunately by the time it really started to reach its potential the player count had started to decline and it's a game that really needs a good critical mass of players.

It's a good parallel in that it was probably a little too ambitious for its initial budget, but the big difference is that the developers actually wanted to deliver a product and didn't waste their time on stupid poo poo like letting you run up and down the fuselage of your He111 to teabag your belly gunner. Immersion ruining, that :catstare:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sedisp posted:

Or they could be idiots. Or they could be parroting what they're being told to say and they want to keep their jobs. Or they could have made SOME progress but showing it would shatter faith in the project because of how hosed it was You are aware that this would not be the first time this identical thing has happened and to more professional teams right?

Or you're taking "we're working on the back end" to mean "we've fixed the back end."

See we're back to me asking if everything is fine and things are proceeding normally why have the shown literally nothing? This is something you always dodge but I am putting it here because if you try and dodge it again it will be entirely obvious what you are doing.

I don't have an answer for that except to say I'm waiting like the rest of the backers to see videos of the promises to be released this year.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ah, so people testing the PU are like the crew of Apollo 1.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

trucutru posted:

I am just saying that, if after five/six years of work they manage to release one-two missions then everything will be validated guys! A whole two missions!

You should really be prepared for that kind of justification / delusion from backers.

They'll either release Star Marine poo poo that is 2-3 years old and has been sitting around. It will be greeted with roaring applause and an explosion in funding and huge smug posts by every idiot that has even felt discouraged and is running to "Rub it in the goonies faces."

Or they'll copy paste a second star system, again greeted with roaring applause, an explosion in funding and the smuggest posts in existence from every backer that feels vindicated.

We have established that facts and logic are no longer a part of this situation. So building on this borderline unusable foundation of a game will be seen as progress no matter what CIG does and will be greeted with fanatic praise and feelings of justification / vindication from the sad brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't have an answer for that except to say I'm waiting like the rest of the backers to see videos of the promises to be released this year.

So then like I said you don't really have anything to go on besides faith. If you're admitting that then I guess to each their own. I have no idea why someone would have faith in a man who is notorious at promising a cake then delivering a bowl of flour but hey that's just me.

• Locked thread