Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

nah, i'm just apparently full of poo poo. sorry! if only i had some kind of god of memory to help me prevent making these sorts of mistakes in future...

FR: God of memory who lets you take back several keystrokes so I can redeem myself from stupid fatfinger accidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

FR: God of memory who lets you take back several keystrokes so I can redeem myself from stupid fatfinger accidents.

That would honestly be really cool as a capstone power.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the crawl god of 'weaver from dota'

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

LogicNinja posted:

Like an 'only lets you do this once' ability of undoing every action (not just yours) for the past 1-2 AUTs?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Chei is the only time god Crawl needs :colbert:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

LogicNinja posted:

Yeah.

Chei kinda already has time powers covered, but I like the idea.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Wuthavidun the god of Undo: At ****** piety, Wuthavidun allows you to go back in time a number of auts dependent on invo power and at a cost of all piety. Additionally, if you die, Wuthavidun has a small chance (5% at *, 10% at ******) of bringing you back from the dead, again at a cost of all piety. Wuthavidun likes it when you explore, so you'll need to explore more zigs if you want more ctrl+Z options. Wuthavidun does not accept worship from felids, as they have no respect for the finality of death.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It actually made me think, both Zin and TSO offer capstone powers but Elyvilon doesn't. She could do something like let you fully heal yourself while purging all stat maladies and such. Maybe even make it an ability that triggers automatically when you hit zero.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Internet Kraken posted:

It actually made me think, both Zin and TSO offer capstone powers but Elyvilon doesn't. She could do something like let you fully heal yourself while purging all stat maladies and such. Maybe even make it an ability that triggers automatically when you hit zero.

:agreed:

I like capstone powers and I wish more gods had them.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wuthavidun the god of Undo: At ****** piety, Wuthavidun allows you to go back in time a number of auts dependent on invo power and at a cost of all piety. Additionally, if you die, Wuthavidun has a small chance (5% at *, 10% at ******) of bringing you back from the dead, again at a cost of all piety. Wuthavidun likes it when you explore, so you'll need to explore more zigs if you want more ctrl+Z options. Wuthavidun does not accept worship from felids, as they have no respect for the finality of death.

This would lead to leaving easy time pockets ala Desktop Dungeons so that you can always have an undo available.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes, looking at all the fun powers that gods give, I really wish super hard I could put two of them together. I know it will never happen for multiple reasons, but drat if Usk + Qaz wouldn't be the most fun poo poo ever.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

jon joe posted:

Sometimes, looking at all the fun powers that gods give, I really wish super hard I could put two of them together. I know it will never happen for multiple reasons, but drat if Usk + Qaz wouldn't be the most fun poo poo ever.

Time for a Gestalt Crawl branch (get the best things of each of two races, two classes, two gods, etc) for the same people who enjoyed that stuff in D&D.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
code:
p - the +10 falchion "Siycotog" (weapon) {elec, +Inv rF+ rN+}
Not a bad randart for D:4 with no weaponskills invested yet.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kind of ran the whole gamut there all in one blast, huh? :psyduck: Too bad it ended up with the boring one.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

code:
10149768 cliffracer the Conqueror (level 27, 199/199 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Earth Elementalist on June 9, 2016.
             Was the Champion of Vehumet.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on June 21, 2016!

The game lasted 22:59:36 (167695 turns).

cliffracer the Conqueror (GrEE)                   Turns: 167695, Time: 22:59:37

Health: 199/199    AC: 36    Str: 19    XL:     27
Magic:  35/54      EV: 24    Int: 53    God:    Vehumet [******]
Gold:   17523      SH: 18    Dex: 14    Spells: 13 memorised, 3 levels left

rFire  + + +      SeeInvis +    f - +7 mace of Action {vamp, +Inv rF+ rC+ Int+3}
rCold  + + +      Gourm    .    q - +0 leather armour of Reanamme {rF+ rN+ Int+4}
rNeg   + + +      Faith    .    n - +2 shield of Resistance {rF+ rC+ MR+}
rPois  ∞          Spirit   .    Z - +2 hat {SInv}
rElec  +          Dismiss  .    Q - +2 cloak of Ulom {rC+ Regen+ Int+3 Dex+4}
rCorr  +          Reflect  .    j - +2 pair of gloves of Untruth {rC+ Int+4}
SustAt .          Harm     .    V - +2 pair of boots {Fly}
MR     ++...                    R - amulet of Uni Qexe {RegenMP MR- Str+4}
Stlth  ++........               Y - ring "Uthufeit" {rCorr rF- rN++ Int+6}
                                E - ring of Emiodud {rF+ rC+ Int+7}

@: flying, delayed fireball, deflect missiles, very resistant to hostile
enchantments, unstealthy
A: antennae 1, big wings, negative energy resistance 1, electricity resistance,
unbreathing, petrification resistance, rot immunity, AC +20
a: Stop Flying, Renounce Religion, Release Delayed Fireball, Evoke Invisibility
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian, icy, bone,
abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark, gossamer
Now that I've 15-runed I'm finally free (to make a spriggan enchanter)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:raise:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the crawl god of 'weaver from dota'

This would be pretty cool.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So this happened in trunk.

quote:

Upgrade guaranteed demonic rune vaults

http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=a13102edcaa06ab1542cff222746cdbf05769c57

So buffs and difficulty increases to hellion_island, hall_of_pain, frozen_over, draining_boxes (now renamed to draining_boxed), and disco_halls (which got added to the guaranteed demonic rune vaults with this as well), plus the guaranteed demonic rune vaults are now announced. It's still possible to abandon it and find the demonic rune elsewhere later (holypan remains a guaranteed source of it as well).

No, hellion_island did not really get any harder, don't worry about that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Worth it just for giving Disco Pan a rune.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I thought disco pan already was guaranteed rune?

Also, bring back the good amulets. The crap we've got now aren't worth it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

about drat time disco pan got a rune

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Grand finale on the Royal Jelly was so, so satisfying.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Speleothing posted:

good amulets, like stasis

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Speleothing posted:

I miss fingerbone amulets. Three rings was sick.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

jon joe posted:

Unless 0.19 killed it, that amulet still exists and grants rN+. It only lost the protection from summoned monsters with the removal of warding.

PleasingFungus posted:

good amulets, like stasis

Unironically useful if you got afflicted with teleportitis/berserkitis. Though berserkitis was better countered by clarity, but that's gone too!

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sorry but the new amulets are awesome and rad.

I guess dismissal is there too.

jon joe posted:

It still exists, even though it doesn't ward anymore.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Internet Kraken posted:

Unironically useful if you got afflicted with teleportitis/berserkitis

It's also a pretty good amulet of "Not This Time, Rupert"

e: also helped against Abyss teleports, Roxanne, etc.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Basically stasis, while generally not good, was useful for countering some nasty mutations and also as a swap against certain enemies. Since the devs are opposed to gear swapping now, it had to die. Clarity on the other hand was just too good I guess?

Not sure why warding was removed at all though.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I only really chose to use regular warding over other useful amulets for the rN though I'm sure the ward effect did silently help me out a lot, especially since I usually wanted that rN for elf.

Warding -> Dismissal is a downgrade imo but losing clarity for harm & mana regen is a good trade.

rMut doesn't need to exist if malmut gets killed like it should be.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
in principle stasis could be situationally useful; in practice, at least in my experience, it was an item i sometimes carried around but certainly never remembered to use.

on the other hand, it was a cool effect. i guess it lives on through formicids, sort of?

Internet Kraken posted:

Basically stasis, while generally not good, was useful for countering some nasty mutations and also as a swap against certain enemies. Since the devs are opposed to gear swapping now, it had to die. Clarity on the other hand was just too good I guess?

Not sure why warding was removed at all though.

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/9d68cf9f451df6d

quote:

The problems with the amulet of clarity are similar to the ones with the
amulet of stasis: complete immunity to a range of threats and no influence
when those threats are absent. Unlike stasis, the amulet also had no real
downside to make it interesting, encouraging you to carry it around and swap
it in whenever the set of effects it handles are around and you have
insufficient MR. Also unlike stasis, this amulet had weird corner cases
such that it allowed voluntary berserk but not involuntary berserk, but
never allowed ambrosia.

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/4f0ff341f1d9a5a9d8

quote:

The amulet of warding was a ring of positive energy 90% of the time, and
only had a minor effect even when summons were present.

i'm iffy on a lot of the 0.18 amulet changes, but dismissal is vastly more interesting than warding was.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dismissal is more "interesting" but its far less useful and I'm pretty much never going to use it. A pip of rN+ was useful on some of my builds, while having enemies moved around outside of my control is just going to annoy me most of the time. While potentially useful, I'd rather use an amulet I know will always helps rather than gamble on dismissal.

I guess I'm just not a fan of stuff being added that's more "interesting" but functionally pretty bad compared to what it replaced.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 22, 2016

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

PleasingFungus posted:

in principle stasis could be situationally useful; in practice, at least in my experience, it was an item i sometimes carried around but certainly never remembered to use

I think this can be said for a lot of things in this game, I had the same problem at first with blowguns and/or throwing weapons, nets, etc. If you experiment with these things enough you end up finding that it can save you a lot of trouble or even save your hide, you just have to remember to pull out those tools when the time is right.

Stasis was a staple for me in the Abyss, for example: found a rare item or the Abyssal rune but need time to make your way to it? Equip stasis and hack through the enemies while blocking Abyss teleportation.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The warding effect felt pretty minor and generally overlooked in favour of rN but if you put in a force more for when it turned away summon attacks I think you would be inundated by message spam of the amulet protecting you.

E: I forgot that dismissal used to give you yellow contam for removing it, lol. And regen amulets gave rot. I'm really glad amulets aren't as awful as when the reform first started.

Darox fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 22, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

finger amulet still exists

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Getting a disc of storm instead of a proper elemental evocable from Pakellas is pretty underwhelming. Oh boy, now I can kill myself with lightning! :geno:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

jon joe posted:

It's an unrand so it's rare, and never went away

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PF has got to have the worst job on the team, basically being the public face for everything goons dislike about changes to the game.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The only thing I can remember warding effecting was summons in tomb sometimes not attacking. But man, imagine if it blocked summoning entirely. They should put something like that in angband so it's actually playable instead of being the boring slog it is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh my god

quote:

8280 InternetKraken the Nimble (level 11, -3/83 HPs)
Began as a Vampire Wizard on June 22, 2016.
Was a High Priest of Pakellas.
Impaled on a porcupine's spines (16 damage)
... on level 4 of the Lair of Beasts.
The game lasted 00:43:06 (11330 turns).

N-no.... :cripes:

Poison Mushroom posted:

PF has got to have the worst job on the team, basically being the public face for everything goons dislike about changes to the game.

Its not like they listen to anything posted here. PF is just a nice guy to explain stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

code:
O - the +3 war axe "Opra" (weapon) {flame, rElec rC+ MR+ Str+3}.
You get a cleave! And you get a cleave! And you get a cleave!

Edit Another game! GDA on D1. Killed by Sigmund on D2. :cripes:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 22, 2016

• Locked thread