Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Did we actually learn anything encouraging or interesting about Justice League?

well they said it's going to be lighter and more fun, but this is coming from the same director who thought that having jimmy olsen get shot in the head by a terrorist was "fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I learned that the flash made wonder woman laugh on a rooftop and it takes three people to take a mask off of Ben Affleck

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

Did we actually learn anything encouraging or interesting about Justice League?

The quips were on point

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
#SuperMullet

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Monaghan posted:

well they said it's going to be lighter and more fun, but this is coming from the same director who thought that having jimmy olsen get shot in the head by a terrorist was "fun."

Is this actually a thing that was said?

Because Jesus Christ...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Exact quote:

quote:

We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It's just a prank, bro.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The scenes with Gordon and Flash described in the io9 article seem enjoyable.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Haha, holy poo poo. Bryan Cranston is going to be Zordon in the Power Rangers reboot. He's been rumoured/wanted for so many comic roles like Luthor since Breakind Bad ended and this is what he ended up going with.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/breaking-bads-bryan-cranston-will-play-zordon-in-the-power-rangers-reboot-a142805

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. Bryan Cranston is going to be Zordon in the Power Rangers reboot. He's been rumoured/wanted for so many comic roles like Luthor since Breakind Bad ended and this is what he ended up going with.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/breaking-bads-bryan-cranston-will-play-zordon-in-the-power-rangers-reboot-a142805

He's just going back to his roots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZSjwnX87YY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHSgyhhdQH4

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

That's incredible

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Oh my God you aren't joking. This is amazing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hola!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 22, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE films looking good for once

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

They cast Abraham Attah in Spiderman Homecoming.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/beasts-of-no-nation-abraham-attah-spider-man-homecoming-1201800861/

Undisclosed Role of course.

Selenis Leyva (Gloria from Orange Is the New Black) has also been filming scenes. She's supposedly playing Peter's physics teacher but the conspiracy theory is she is Miles' mom.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Travis343 posted:

I learned that the flash made wonder woman laugh on a rooftop and it takes three people to take a mask off of Ben Affleck

To be fair that's because he's fighting two of them off while the third guy finally grabs it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

If they manage to actually reflect the diversity of Queens instead of the mysterious WASP borough from most Spider-media, I'll be psyched as all hell.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Squizzle posted:

If they manage to actually reflect the diversity of Queens instead of the mysterious WASP borough from most Spider-media, I'll be psyched as all hell.

I don't know Queens demographics intimiately, but from what little we saw of Peter and May in Civil War, it certainly seemed like they were in a small, dinky apartment that seemed to be bustling with activity. Wikipedia says the average income is $35k which is pretty solid working or lower middle class.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

I don't know Queens demographics intimiately, but from what little we saw of Peter and May in Civil War, it certainly seemed like they were in a small, dinky apartment that seemed to be bustling with activity. Wikipedia says the average income is $35k which is pretty solid working or lower middle class.

Well, average income of 35k but average rent of $2,250+ a month on a one-bedroom. I think Queens might literally be the most ethnically diverse part of any city in the world, as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Parkers are traditionally from Forest Hills though, where it's double that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

They can probably afford it as the beneficiaries of Peter's parents' and Uncle Ben's life insurance?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oh, yeah, Forest hills is pretty white + a pretty big and growing asian population. that actually makes sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like they're actually looking at demographics when they make these things though. They're casting white because it's Hollywood, not because it's Forest Hills.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Batman accepts that he's powerless in a sense - he needs people like Superman and Wonderwoman. The Doomsday fight is all about this:

Superman: "Was she with you?"
Batman: "I thought she was with you".

So Batman has now fully accepted the stranger.

Superman on the other hand accepts all the burden of his power and responsibility by sacrificing himself.

So is this a parody or...?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

Queens is the most ethnically diverse area in NYC, therefore the most ethnically diverse place in America, therefore the most ethnically diverse place on the planet.

Forest Hills is kind of a Caucasian enclave tho.

edit: way too late on my post

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 22, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

Queens is the most ethnically diverse area in NYC, therefore the most ethnically diverse place in America, therefore the most ethnically diverse place on the planet.

Incorrect. The most ethnically diverse area in America is actually Anchorage, Alaska.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alaska is outside America.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
What's Suicide Squad's timeline in relation to MoS and BvS? I brought it up in the BvS thread but what are the chances we get a Lex cameo in SS that shows him in Arkham?

Speaking of Superman, I'm probably late to the party on this, but I'm watching The Death of "Superman Lives": What Happened? and it's quite good. Equal parts absurd, funny and fascinating. The thing that surprised me about it were how many decent ideas there actually were (I like the take on Braniac particularly) combined with all the "WTF" lunacy. Watching it, I can almost see Cage and Burton somehow pulling it off if they'd kept going and trimmed all the stupid out of it; or even just letting them run wild with it, polar bears and all.

Anyone else watched this? It's on YouTube.

I'd like to see Braniac in a Superman movie (anyone but Lex or Zod again) and I like this approach of a half organic, half robotic, sentinent, artificial intelligence that can interface with any technology, take on several forms and even create life that's constantly learning and evolving.

Then again, that sounds too much like what we got with Ultron so maybe not.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Alaska is outside America.

You learn something new everyday.

EDIT: Queens is still up there tho

quote:

In fact, Farrell says the country's three most diverse census tracts are all in Anchorage, followed by a handful in Queens, as in New York, which usually tops everyone's diversity guess list

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/most-diverse-place-in-america/index.html

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

BiggerBoat posted:

What's Suicide Squad's timeline in relation to MoS and BvS? I brought it up in the BvS thread but what are the chances we get a Lex cameo in SS that shows him in Arkham?

They said Superman is dead in the trailer, so after BvS.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A wealthy white male would never be committed to Arkham in even the most "deconstructed" universe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

A wealthy white male would never be committed to Arkham in even the most "deconstructed" universe.

One of the deleted scenes that's going to be added to the ultimate edition of BvS is Batman telling Luthor he's arranged for his transfer to arkham, actually

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Out riched.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Squizzle posted:

Civil War made Falcon feel like an A-list total rockstar badass. Falcon! He has motorized hang-glider, and a quadcopter linked to his Google Glass, and somehow he seemed spectacular in a movie with Black Panther, Giant Man, two Irons Man, and a robot übermensch powered by an ancient god-stone.

Plus, he's just some guy Captain America met while out running one day! It's pretty ace.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Travis343 posted:

One of the deleted scenes that's going to be added to the ultimate edition of BvS is Batman telling Luthor he's arranged for his transfer to arkham, actually

Yeah but that plan will fall through when he finds out that, as we saw in the other deleted scene, Lex was doing it all because of the Martha boxes.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
BvS Batman's no kill rule is based on lose association with his parents.

"I'm gonna kill you for this!"
"Hi I'm gonna kill you for this, I'm The Joker"
"Was that a dad joke? I had a dad, WE'RE FRIENDS NOW!"

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Squizzle posted:

Yeah but that plan will fall through when he finds out that, as we saw in the other deleted scene, Lex was doing it all because of the Martha boxes.

Thats how I'm describing every motherbox in the DC movie universe from now on.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

qntm posted:

Plus, he's just some guy Captain America met while out running one day! It's pretty ace.

That's why I don't understand the "Give Cap a Boyfriend" hashtag; He already has two.

Maybe they want him to choose one? Or be strictly homosexual instead of being bisexual/pansexual/asexual. Movie Cap is pretty progressive when you think about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of Superman, I'm probably late to the party on this, but I'm watching The Death of "Superman Lives": What Happened? and it's quite good. Equal parts absurd, funny and fascinating. The thing that surprised me about it were how many decent ideas there actually were (I like the take on Braniac particularly) combined with all the "WTF" lunacy. Watching it, I can almost see Cage and Burton somehow pulling it off if they'd kept going and trimmed all the stupid out of it; or even just letting them run wild with it, polar bears and all.

Anyone else watched this? It's on YouTube.

I'd like to see Braniac in a Superman movie (anyone but Lex or Zod again) and I like this approach of a half organic, half robotic, sentinent, artificial intelligence that can interface with any technology, take on several forms and even create life that's constantly learning and evolving.

Then again, that sounds too much like what we got with Ultron so maybe not.

Yea, its a great doc, it's not quiet Jodowosky's Dune, but still worth watching if you like comic books or failed movie projects. I like how everyone he interviewed was really enthuised with what they were working on, and even when you saw what they were actually going to do with the giant spider/Thanagarian Snare Beast would have been pretty cool. Though doesn't Superman have robots at the Fortress of Solitude, or is that a fairly recent invention.

But yea, the whole Braniac concept was very cool, especially the idea for the ship, being this early homonid skull design.

Even seeing the stuff with Cage in the suit didn't look terrible, certainly no worse than any other film of the time. And then the more goofy ideas like the LED metal S suit was going to be for like a single scene of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Late from yesterday, but in reference to this:

quote:

“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,” said producer Deborah Snyder.

Perhaps people don't like seeing their heroes deconstructed before they are first constructed. By all technical means, this is the first time we're seeing this Batman, and the second time for this Superman. We don't really know poo poo about them for their to be a tearing down of their character. Batman is especially bad, as all we know about this one is that he runs around branding and killing people, we have no reference to anything else he's done. Like the Robin suit, all we know is he had a partner that was injured, maybe killed, that's it. We can imply a lot of things from the comics, but in terms of the movies and the information they present, we don't know dick (Or Jason, or Tim).

This whole deconstruction thing is something that should be saved for like the 3rd or 4th wave of movies, after a bunch of poo poo has gone down. Save Batman threatening to kill someone for after Jason dies. Make Superman snap Zod's neck after he's come back a few times and constantly wiped out a city each time. Without the build up to force a strain on their moral code, they don't have one, or at least the one they're trying to deconstruct..

• Locked thread