Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Eltoasto posted:

stay classy Briles

Holy poo poo

He's transcended normal villainy and ventured into cartoonish supervillainy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

Holy poo poo

He's transcended normal villainy and ventured into cartoonish supervillainy

Like, I was willing to think Briles may have just been a normal lovely person football coach who prioritizes winning and doesn't necessarily condone rape but puts up blinders so he can win games but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he was offering roofies in exchange for commitments

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People say it a lot but he might legit be a sociopath.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eltoasto posted:

stay classy Briles

Holy gently caress. Source?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Briles has some OJ Simpson-level hubris

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That Works posted:

Holy gently caress. Source?

Found this

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/16363944/attorney-lambastes-ex-baylor-coach-art-briles-reneging-deal-apologize-rape-victim

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm no defense attorney, but I'm kinda surprised that one would sign off on his client apologizing for wrongdoing before a probably-imminent trial

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 21, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
art briles owns

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

Holy poo poo, is this story ever going to turn up for Baylor?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 21, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thanks

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm no defense attorney, but I'm kinda surprised that one would sign off on his client apologizing for wrongdoing before a probably-imminent trial

Briles never had any intention of going through with any of that. It was all just to try and put Baylor over a barrel to get more for himself.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This is getting to vigilante level poo poo.

The civil suit is gonna be epic.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_shinn/status/745258273830408192

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Would be sweet if it was Houston to the Big 12, Baylor to the cornfield.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_shinn/status/745266912733470720

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

That Works posted:

Would be sweet if it was Houston to the Big 12, Baylor to the cornfield.

Would be... :sigh:

Even when that doesn't happen this has still been the most interesting train wreck this offseason in terms of CFB.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

lol that they ever thought they could keep anything under wraps long enough that paying off Briles would be a good idea

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Gonna be awesome when Baylor is forced to release what they know, implicating Briles in whatever. Baylor pays out the rear end in settlements and Briles' new $40m gets spread across the victims.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its genuinely incredible how awful this all is

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

186 posted:

Gonna be awesome when Baylor is forced to release what they know, implicating Briles in whatever. Baylor pays out the rear end in settlements and Briles' new $40m gets spread across the victims.

Don't do this, because it is going to hurt that much more when you are wrong. :smith: My friend Mel said it best:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's awful that it happened, and it'll be worse if it doesn't all get dragged out into the light.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't see how it can't honestly. I don't think the current atmosphere of the country is such that this can be swept under the rug.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't see how it can't honestly. I don't think the current atmosphere of the country is such that this can be swept under the rug.

Again, it says "Baptist" right there on the label.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't doubt a lot will be exposed. I just doubt any of us will consider justice to have been served.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's awful but I struggle with incredible because it's completely unsurprising. Everything they're doing is very, very credible considering the history of big time college football.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol always more, always worse

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

It's awful but I struggle with incredible because it's completely unsurprising. Everything they're doing is very, very credible considering the history of big time college football.

Its no much the original crime and I found incredible as much as the continued actions of the university after it was exposed.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Baylor's biggest undoing (post scandal) is that they've tried to pull all of these half-measures- reassigning Starr but not firing him, probating the AD but not firing him (though he had the sense and decency to go ahead and leave), releasing a halfassed summary of the report findings. These people are either culpable or they aren't, same for the university as a whole. You can't cast aspersions on these people and then just leave them around. Just from a pragmatic standpoint Baylor should have either come out with everything they knew, or just sat on everything and weathered the storm. Neither of those are fun options, but where they're at now is even more untenable. It's sticking half of your head in the sand, which is quintessential Baylor.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
"What we found was horrifying enough to burn the school president, AD, and head coach. No, we won't tell you what it was, and we're effectively bribing that same head coach not to reveal it. Anyway, we put someone in an office now that has TITLE IX COORDINATOR on the door, so please feel free to send your God-fearing, innocent daughter to Baylor!"

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
How do we thank Art Briles?

"the way Trump is loyal or at least how it is often portrayed, would have been a good model for the BOR as to how they could have united with Briles and still made all the changes and improvements. "

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

oh god why did I read the comments

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Cnidario posted:

oh god why did I read the comments

Don't read this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Think I'm going to be done with humanity for the day.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I read it :gonk:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Don't doxx me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus at least a few people are calling him out but wow some of those posters are simply disgusting human beings.

They seriously think Art Briles is going to be coaching at LSU? Lol

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Briles is a nazgul, and like the witch king of Angmar it's gonna take a woman to take him down

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Pussification 101:
•Letters of Apology
•Crying During Sad Movies
•Hugging Your Child
•Cats

Featuring a special visit by guest lecturer Dan Shanahan, who will be reading from his upcoming book Bleeding is for Women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jesus at least a few people are calling him out but wow some of those posters are simply disgusting human beings.

They seriously think Art Briles is going to be coaching at LSU? Lol

I know, right?

He has Tennessee written all over him.

• Locked thread