Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Trabant posted:

The only site I can think of off the top of my head is AE's shoebank.com, i.e. how I got the pair I posted. It gives you a list of their stores that have the shoes you're looking for, but you can't buy through the site itself. Instead, you call the store and order over the phone, then get an email confirmation and tracking number. The shipping is free, but you're on the hook for returns + $10 restocking fee. I know, it really is very 1997, but we are dealing with seconds so I'm guessing they're hard to properly inventory and keep track of nationwide.

All that said, I'm sure the dress shoe thread in YLLS knows of other brands that do the same, either through outlets or eBay. I'd post the link to the thread, but I'm phonepostin' :downs:

Thanks for the infos my man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought stick replacements for my N3DSXL and it feels like a whole different system. I'm no longer slipping on smooth plastic nubs.

Also impulse purchased a snap-on thing that makes holding it more like an Xbox controller. My pinkies get strangely fatigued and this should help with the many, many hours of Monster Hunter Generations that I also bought.

Not sure if it counts because I had the season pass but the Contraptions DLC for Fallout comes out tomorrow and I'm going to recreate all my favorite levels from The Incredible Machine.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

I bought stick replacements for my N3DSXL and it feels like a whole different system. I'm no longer slipping on smooth plastic nubs.

Are you talking about the little nubs or something else?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I bought another car. Send help.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

I bought another car. Send help.

As much as I want to hate on this for being a Ford and being a post-1978 Mustang, but I can't. They stepped up their game on this one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Etrips posted:

Are you talking about the little nubs or something else?

Both. The tiny grey nub torn out and replaced with a PSP 1000 stick. The main pad I actually got a textured cover that works great. I may go whole hog and get a metal replacement but this works great for now.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

Both. The tiny grey nub torn out and replaced with a PSP 1000 stick. The main pad I actually got a textured cover that works great. I may go whole hog and get a metal replacement but this works great for now.

Have you had any time playing with the psp stick mod? Also have a link to the texture cover?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Etrips posted:

Have you had any time playing with the psp stick mod? Also have a link to the texture cover?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UURTXK6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews are a bit mixed but I'm completely satisfied.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013JDH8J0/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

This is the grip.

The PSP stick is great but weird. Installing it took 60 seconds (you just tear out the nub and press in the PSP stick). It barely moves at all yet completely registers all your inputs perfectly. You have to get used to it. I've tried out a bunch of games and it works flawlessly. If you do it, install while the system is off or do a power cycle. The system will have to recalibrate a new zero-point.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014
What's the general recommendation for bedding/sheets around $50 to 75? I know I've seen a few recommendations in the past. Any advice?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

howling_mad posted:

What's the general recommendation for bedding/sheets around $50 to 75? I know I've seen a few recommendations in the past. Any advice?

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sheets/

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Two nights reserved in this damp and putrid remote place (Saint-Chély-du-Tarn; France)

The general idea is to kayak the cloaca that is the Tarn and maybe afflict ourselves with such eyesores as these

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Jun 21, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do people posts pictures without identifying what or where it is?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Because they're awful.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

I said it was the Tarn river but I could have given more info. We are going to stay in Saint-Chély-du-Tarn in the gorges du Tarn in France

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I bought flights from London to Cairns. Still not rich enough to make the flights business class, so 30 hours of misery ahoy.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got an Asus UX305CA (refurbished because I'm a broke-rear end student). Fed up of lugging my giant desktop around with me when I move every summer and I want something I can take to uni with me anyway. Heard decent things about this and I like that it has SSD and is fanless so should be very quiet and fast.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have one and like it a lot, but the trackpad is garbage.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I have one and like it a lot, but the trackpad is garbage.

How come? I've never had a laptop before so I'm not really sure what to expect of trackpads.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It doesn't feel solid and the gestures don't work as well as Apple laptops. But it's small, light, and the battery lasts forever and it has a good display.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

I've never had a laptop before

Talk about burying the lede.

Minus Pants
Jul 18, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Saint-Chély-du-Tarn

Are you going with one of the kayak companies there or doing your own thing?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Minus Pants posted:

Are you going with one of the kayak companies there or doing your own thing?

We go there by plane and I don't own my own canoe (but I could ask one from a friend though) so I guess I'm going to do some market research and rent one there. I'm not kayaking regularly enough to justify buying one.

We are going to spend a few days around Carcassonne and Montpellier with her family and she asked me where I wanted to go spend a few days just the 2 of us. So I checked on the map I remembered that the gorges du Tarn were a gorgeous place and last time I went there I couldn't kayak on the river.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Jun 21, 2016

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Best Buy finally unfucked their rewards points so I cashed some in and pre-ordered this:

https://i.imgur.com/SnVD5LN.jpg

for half off.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Thank you!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Soooo good :neckbeard:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
X-files season 6-9 to complete my series set. Best buy has all seasons on sale for $12

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I recently finished the whole series on Netflix and the Doggett episodes weren't as bad as I'd been lead to believe. The final season was meh except for the Burt Reynolds episode because Burt Reynolds.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Alaska Bear Money Clip to replace my 10 year old Kenneth Cole money clip:

Some OM Audio INEARPEACE headphones to listen to music and take calls while traveling:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Four shirts and two pairs of jeans. Finally admitted to myself that I'm getting FURTHER from fitting my old clothes, and at this point I just look ridiculous bursting from the seams (often literally)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Four shirts and two pairs of jeans. Finally admitted to myself that I'm getting FURTHER from fitting my old clothes, and at this point I just look ridiculous bursting from the seams (often literally)

I bought some surrender pants last week too. :smith::hf::smith:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I bought pants too, although I had to size the other way. I've been sick lately and losing a fair amount of weight. :(

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Trabant posted:

Soooo good :neckbeard:

So what does Paris taste like?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

kreyla posted:

Based on no experience with the tea or the city, my first thought was that time Thomas Keller (I think) made Anthony Bourdain a coffee and tobacco flavored creme brulee.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kreyla posted:

I would've said cigarettes and ennui, but apparently like black tea with a smidge of vanilla and something sweet. It's the aroma that truly makes it awesome, I could just leave the tin open on my desk all day.

Speaking of tea and France: Rouge Bourbon by Mariage Freres is amazing too. Pro choice if you like rooibos.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I let my wife pic the color. She did well I think.

It's a gun part by the way.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

nice chicken strips bro.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Trabant posted:

Speaking of tea and France: Rouge Bourbon by Mariage Freres is amazing too. Pro choice if you like rooibos.

Where would one find that without having to pay out the rear end for it?

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Bunk Rogers posted:

Where would one find that without having to pay out the rear end for it?

Most teas are quite cheap, they usually work out at less than £1 a serving.
Looking at http://markethallfoods.com/mariage-freres-rouge-bourbon-tea a 6oz refill will give around 56 cups of tea so around than 36p per cup which is really good value.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a toaster because I like toast.

I also got a complimentary gift bag with two white hand towels, a tiny bag of lovely Lay's bodado jibs, a moisturizer sample, and a box of Dr. Tolonen's D3 vitamin capsules. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought a toaster because I like toast.

I also got a complimentary gift bag with two white hand towels, a tiny bag of lovely Lay's bodado jibs, a moisturizer sample, and a box of Dr. Tolonen's D3 vitamin capsules. :shrug:

Are you in Europe? It seems like the only thing Braun makes for US anymore is electric razors.