Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

best of two is better simply because there's no side advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
As an example of how much that skews things, C9 is 2-6 on blue side and 8-1 on red so far

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jin Air does this weird thing where they own the gently caress out of top teams and get murdered by bottom teams

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
There were a gently caress ton of games this weekend, my god. I just caught up with the NA LCS highlights. It really is the most competitive the region has ever been, the matches are higher quality than they've ever been as well. I feel like I've completely turned from an EU LCS fan to an NA LCS fan. European games have been really awful this split.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Has the Riot twitch channel stopped uploading VODs of whole matches? Seems like they only got highlights and 12-25 minutes of the matchup screen before LCS starts for god knows what reason.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

There were a gently caress ton of games this weekend, my god. I just caught up with the NA LCS highlights. It really is the most competitive the region has ever been, the matches are higher quality than they've ever been as well. I feel like I've completely turned from an EU LCS fan to an NA LCS fan. European games have been really awful this split.

i think a lot of it was all the na teams went and bootcamped in korea while everyone in eu slacked the gently caress off. hopefully they pick it up soon, the top 3 still look good.

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 20, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
and i mean, who wants to practice with those EU challenger teams?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Camel Camus posted:

Has the Riot twitch channel stopped uploading VODs of whole matches? Seems like they only got highlights and 12-25 minutes of the matchup screen before LCS starts for god knows what reason.

I use LoLeventVODs on youtube but it's not exactly spoiler free if games are bo3

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

henkman posted:

I use LoLeventVODs on youtube but it's not exactly spoiler free if games are bo3

Alternately, there's the LoL Esports youtube or the individual twitch channels like NALCS1, etc. That said, a lot of videos on the youtube channel are unlisted, including what looks like all of the NALCS and EULCS matches.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 20, 2016

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Thanks for the alternatives, fellows!

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

henkman posted:

If you go to the subreddit (e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs/comments/4mfr9f/na_lcs_2016_summer_split/) it has links directly to the pick/ban phases and game starts, as well as a layout that's spoiler free (because it always shows all 3 games, even if only two got played). It's actually quite nice. I've started using it a lot more since I like to watch the LCK and the SpoTV thing means that half the games just aren't accessible unless I go through VoD.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Game 2 Samsung vs KT was fantastic. I really recommend catching it on VOD

Unscientific fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 21, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Unscientific posted:

Game 2 Samsung vs KT was fantastic. I really recommend catching it on VOD

Seconding this, there are a whole bunch of super-tense extended teamfights

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm curious if Riot is going to nerf GA again. It's the defacto 3rd/4th item for top/jungle and more recently I've been seeing teams with 3 or more GAs.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
that diveeeeeee

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
eucs is only good for how bad the teams are

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Firebert posted:

I'm curious if Riot is going to nerf GA again. It's the defacto 3rd/4th item for top/jungle and more recently I've been seeing teams with 3 or more GAs.

If you're talking about the Samsung vs KT game, it was kinda necessary due to the teamcomps they had.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

I think it's a side effect of late game death timers being so punishing still. If you don't have GAs on your guys who are likely to get killed in a fight then if any of those guys make one mistake you will either get punished out of a game or if you lose multiples of those you will just lose the game full stop.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Echo Fox fired Cop. Seeing as how the team has never looked improved in a single aspect of game play or drafting, that makes a lot of sense.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Watch the KT vs. Samsung series if you haven't already. One of the best series of the season, so far.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
always a pleasure to see woolite get caught out and die

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for all the doinb lovers, NBY is looking really good and are in first place!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its coming on now: http://lol.qq.com/match/lspl/

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
what the afreeca is going on

they're up 15k on SKT and have given up 0 turrets and 0 kills

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
So Afreeca subbed their top and jungle and crushed game 2 nearly as hard...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SeongHwan and Lindarang are actually their subs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

But ultimately, Mickey rules and SKT have once again proven that they're lucker dogs

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

SKT, KT, Jin Air, and Rox are now all tied in match score

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I hope this means that Afreeca will start winning more but they're so inconsistent that I can't even guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Game Talents ran that LB/Jhin/Trundle game last week against World Elite, I wonder if Afreeca got it from them. It was a really good game/series.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've been trying to tell you guys for like six months that Afreeca is the most fun team in Korea but there's no way I would have put any amount of money on them beating SKT that hard, holy hell.

They need to go back to putting Duke on utility and Faker on carries. Watching Faker play Karma is :barf: even if he's great at it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It really feels like SKT is just exhausted. Even the player cams it's just like "holy poo poo they look dead." They aren't playing well at all, they don't want to try out the new meta, and they are just a mess.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bdd's attempted 5-man Azir ult. I wish I knew how to make gifs I would definitely put that one in the CJ highlight package for this split.
:ughh:

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Libertine posted:

Bdd's attempted 5-man Azir ult. I wish I knew how to make gifs I would definitely put that one in the CJ highlight package for this split.
:ughh:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Even against MVP so this is even better.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Haven't watched anything in a while but I keep up with the W/Ls and this is funny.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good, Afreeca is cool and gently caress SKT

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

this is what happens when I play Azir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman posted:

Good, Afreeca is cool and gently caress SKT

Can't wait till they put it together just in time to make it to worlds, which will have a patch buffing zed and riven.

• Locked thread