Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rand Brittain posted:

There aren't many teachers left? Were they carried off by the robot cult? Has the Court stopped financing its mysteriously liberal education program?
Next year, we get a mysterious transfer student from Hogwarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Exactly what the hell happened between Surma, Tony and Jimmy-Jims is one of the big questions I want answered. I know the chances he got into the details with Parley are unlikely, but I wouldn't have expected it to come up at all, so who the hell knows.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Probably a lot; after all, Anthony Carver Is A Bit Of A Tosser.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

"Yeah, every morning the first thing he'd do was scream at a picture of your dad. Not even any words, just screaming, for an hour straight. Could you get me some chips, bab?"

Perestroika posted:

"Also, for some reason all of our training dummies had your dad's face on them. Probably just a coincidence, though."

Splicer posted:

"He spent the rest of each day chewing tiny effigies out of wood. He'd spit the into a pile, and at night we burned them for warmth. They screamed with your father's voice."

I laughed at all of these

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Exactly what the hell happened between Surma, Tony and Jimmy-Jims is one of the big questions I want answered. I know the chances he got into the details with Parley are unlikely, but I wouldn't have expected it to come up at all, so who the hell knows.

My suspicion is Jimmy-Jims and Surma had a falling out over having-a-kid-kills-her (Surma wanting a kid anyway) and Jimmy-Jims thought they'd make up and get back together but SURPRISE! Surma Carver. Tony evidently thought he could just apply sufficient science to the problem.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe Egg wished that Tony chose him instead of Surma. Also Tony didn't bitch behind his back, yet another win.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

MikeJF posted:

I think that's the point, she doesn't even pause, just smoothly switches what she's saying midsentence.

I get the intent, but I only made it half way through the sentence before stopping to figure out what was wrong with it. It took me a couple tries to actually read the whole thing and go "Oh!", breaking the illusion that was being attempted.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Badmouthing other school staff with your student is very unprofessional Eglamore, I'm disappointed.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Maybe Egg wished that Tony chose him instead of Surma.

We already know that, and it's also clear that Eglamore and Surma were in fact an item (probably for quite some time, too), but what exactly happened between the three of them is still a giant blank spot in the map.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Carrasco posted:

We already know that, and it's also clear that Eglamore and Surma were in fact an item (probably for quite some time, too), but what exactly happened between the three of them is still a giant blank spot in the map.

Just write in "Here there be Dragons" and be done with it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

My guess, from the second link there, is that he got too involved in his training and the court.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Carrasco posted:

Reread that bit you quoted. :v:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Carrasco posted:

Yeah I didn't actually think Eglamore was in love with Tony

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I didn't actually think Eglamore was in love with Tony

Not unless were dealing with a Shyamalan level twist here.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
thread peaked at this post and then fell down a cliff

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You know Tom himself said it was a predator reference on that very page

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Predator?! I just gis'd bicep hugs

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was a good post my friend

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
so shines a good post
in a weary thread

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
goddamn that pun

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least they werent discount tents.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I wonder if this is Parley censoring it for Annie or just Siddell censoring it for the kids at home.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
No Jimmy, tell us how you really feel.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
This lighting is nice.

Carrasco posted:

I wonder if this is Parley censoring it for Annie or just Siddell censoring it for the kids at home.
Both?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SynthOrange posted:

At least they werent discount tents.

Those are for the winter.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hey, I thought this was a PG comic! What the HECK, Tom?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's just Eggy slipping in and out of his Christian Bale Batman impression. "That guy is a silly sack of doo-doo. I am the Night."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Carrasco posted:

It's probably both, and with the added bonus of obviously censored swears being hilarious.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mirage posted:

It's just Eggy slipping in and out of his Christian Bale Batman impression. "That guy is a silly sack of doo-doo. I am the Night."

That looks more like Frank Miller's style, only with way less swear words.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If you don't make that face when eating fire-cooked meat you are Doing It Wrong

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Very rude.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Maybe that's just how Eglamore swears. :colbert:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope we see the opposite for Tony

"Oh my g[gently caress]"

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

EmmyOk posted:

I hope we see the opposite for Tony

"Oh my g[gently caress]"

I would love to have an aetheric way for the characters to hear Tony's inner monologue and it's pretty much just him just freaking the gently caress out all the time. Perhaps some sort of magic shoe they convince him to wear for a chapter.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

this is my new favorite page of gkc

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Filthy Haiku posted:

I would love to have an aetheric way for the characters to hear Tony's inner monologue and it's pretty much just him just freaking the gently caress out all the time. Perhaps some sort of magic shoe they convince him to wear for a chapter.
It would look like The Best Page, but aaaaaa instead of pbbbbt.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think it'd be more like the "this is fine " webcomic

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 24, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's probably both, and with the added bonus of obviously censored swears being hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svr6Zl2QgX8&t=63s

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Think I like the Mad TV one from the 1990's better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

EmmyOk posted:

I think it'd be more like the "this is fine " webcomic

Don't think so. If Donny Don is anything to go by, Anthony is actually fairly sensitive, he just bottles it up to an unhealthy amount because LOGIC! RATIONALITY!