Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

To clarify, he juggled it, regathered, and from the one angle Nine gave us lost it again before grounding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nah, i'm nsw as gently caress and the try was good

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

whoa

maloney plays for the Blues!?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks karma

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm only going on the one angle we were given, it looked like he had barely fingertips on the ball. I wanted more than one look to make up my mind but never got it. It may well have been a try.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

nah, i'm nsw as gently caress and the try was good

##vote bowmore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you jennings

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Oh poo poo. Bad luck Jennings.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jennings

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
lol

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

lol thats close, tfft

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Loving this second half.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Great try

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Quality try.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You're outtatime blues

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The good news is papalii is maturing into an elite forward.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha

bowmore posted:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
gg jennings

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The good news is papalii is maturing into an elite forward.

I thought he's been pretty good for a few years now.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jono C posted:

I thought he's been pretty good for a few years now.

He has been but his standard this year has been his best ever.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

go back to the cap cheats you gently caress

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh dear two passes out its not a good look

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dylan Walker was a good selection

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

the real shame is that my man Billy S missed out on winning another series

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
on the bright side only one more origin with Gallen

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Origin is going to be great when the last remnants of Melbourne's cheating scandal retire.

Gg Queensland.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Whooooooooooooo so happy for Parker to get a win in his last origin at suncorp.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I mean this as a compliment and I think he's the best player of his generation

Is cam Smith the best cheat ever ? It's amazing what he gets away with in the ruck. He just seems to know what the refs will let him get away with.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

Origin is going to be great when the last remnants of Melbourne's cheating scandal retire.

Gg Queensland.

we'll get at least one more year of heartbreak for the Blues as a last gasp series winning try is stopped by Billy Slater's laser guided double knee try-line tackle

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jennings is a pretty major clown.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm just depressed at this time of year (hilariously when Queensland win as usual) as I wonder how good they would have been without Melbourne. They're excellent players, but it's so frustrating to have to wonder what could have been. It's like their sins have hosed over a decade of origin with no end in sight.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

at least we had the good decency to be exposed as cheats who helped create a decade of nsw misery rather than being cowards and hiding their evil like those monsters at the broncos

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Salary cap violations isnt much. Nsw deserve their curse. I wouldnt care if Meninga and Alfie were sacrificing virgins under the stadium.

After gus gould let one of his forwards take a conversion when they were up by 24 points and laughed when he scuffed it they deserve everything they get.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How does NSW keep loving this up? They've got the talent, but year after year they find a way to poo poo the bed. They should have won game 1, and they had every opportunity to take this one.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BlindSite posted:

Salary cap violations isnt much. Nsw deserve their curse. I wouldnt care if Meninga and Alfie were sacrificing virgins under the stadium.

After gus gould let one of his forwards take a conversion when they were up by 24 points and laughed when he scuffed it they deserve everything they get.

The thing that always amazes me is how grubby NSW continue to play. Klemmer and Gallen especially but constant late hits on kickers, borderline high shots. This season their new master plan seemed to be trying to pull shirts over the qld player's heads to slow down the ruck. It never helps but they keep being petulant shits.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gus and John's just buried gallen without saying his name but were pretty obvious in saying he was the issue.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

How does NSW keep loving this up? They've got the talent, but year after year they find a way to poo poo the bed. They should have won game 1, and they had every opportunity to take this one.

unexpert opinion:

*habit of changing personnel far too much
*no halves consistency or punch at Origin level
*choosing wingers based on who's the best kisser
*jarryd hayne thinking the nfl and olympics are bigger than a 2-1 origin series defeat, who the gently caress does he think he is
*Lockyer and then Thurston and then Cronk. Queensland have had some serious bullshit when it comes to spine quality
*brett stewart being made out of glass and court cases

Really a lot of it has just been the incredibly talented Queensland team who have played enough together (at the Broncos and Storm mostly) coupled with very little squad variation that did it. I mean when you can play 3, 4? series with a Dally M fullback on your wing you've got a stacked team.

E: forgot "The Morris Brothers: Origin Tough?"

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dalai Trauma posted:

at least we had the good decency to be exposed as cheats who helped create a decade of nsw misery rather than being cowards and hiding their evil like those monsters at the broncos

Who also feed to Queensland. loving league.

This month of sobriety is going to be awesome.

• Locked thread