Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Well, at least they'll be able to get the crowd in shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Maybe it's just me, but Drudge always seems to include a heavy innuendo with his Hillary headlines.

schlonged!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Now they don't have to pan the cameras!

Perfectly Safe posted:

Well, at least they'll be able to get the crowd in shot.

:argh:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/745600257145380864

quote:

Donald Trump says he first learned of an attempt to kill him by watching television.

“Actually, I learned about it watching television,” Trump said Wednesday on Fox Business Network. "They didn’t tell me about it and probably they’re better off not telling me about it. But I learned it watching television.”

Federal authorities on Monday said a man arrested at Trump’s rally in Las Vegas over the weekend hoped to kill the presumptive GOP presidential nominee. A complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Nevada charges Michael Steven Sandford with an act of violence on restricted grounds. The filing said Sanford, 19, allegedly tried to grab a police officer's gun.

Trump on Wednesday praised the hard work of law enforcement in protecting his safety on the campaign trail.

“We have tremendous Secret Service and we have tremendous police throughout this country and they do a fantastic job. The policeman whose gun was tried to be, you know, stolen by this maniac was really fantastic," he said. “These people are great, but they don’t get the credit they deserve. I deal with them all the time. I see them. I watch them. I know them. Terrific, terrific people."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm up for more Reince; he always sounds like he's drunk. It's fun. :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Only a somber four flags, denoting the serious tone of the speech.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Well technically all those things are directly referenced in the bible, pretty much.

I mean Paul was an outspoken misogynist, Augustine was an outspoken homophobe, Leviticus loved the tortures and executions.

The short bits of misogyny that appears in the unambiguously Paul-authored letters are probably later insertions, and the longer passages are in letters that weren't written by Paul, just in his name in the 2nd or 3rd century. Paul was wacky and pro-celibacy and a lot of other weird poo poo, but credit where it's due: the best evidence is that he treated women as equals in a religious context. (He refers to traveling with women to set up all of the various churches, he mentions without comment a bunch of women in major leadership positions, etc.)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

prefect posted:

I'm up for more Reince; he always sounds like he's drunk. It's fun. :)

Him and Graham need to do a televised tour of the best bars in DC.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

zoux posted:

Only a somber four flags, denoting the serious tone of the speech.

there is teleprompters as well

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is the a teletrump or rambling trump speech?

edit:

mannerup posted:

there is teleprompters as well

nevermind

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm glad Trump is going to be at his most professorial while reciting the litany of easily disproven 30 year old Clinton smears.

Looks like his base is still on board

quote:

"We've been lied to for so long " said Glenda, a 42-year-old bartender. "So what, he doesn't want Muslims, per se, that are terrorists in the country? Then I'm glad he's saying it because I don't want them in there either."

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jesus Christ Bill, just go full George Costanza and say the opposite of whatever comes to mind when you do your "predictions."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Phi230 posted:

The GOP fantasy land that they delude themselves into is starting early this year, I guess.

More unskewing, more fantasy, more delusion, please

I think my favorite thing about Republicans is that they simply refuse to learn. This is Romney all over again, only sped up 5x and bottoming out in May. And what's the lesson these idiots will take from it? Who cares, they'll gently caress up again in 2020. At this point, I'm waiting for them to doom 2018 somehow.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

I'm glad Trump is going to be at his most professorial while reciting the litany of easily disproven 30 year old Clinton smears.

Good thing she put "per se" in there -- otherwise she might have said something racist.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Johnson!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pretty fuckin weak rear end global economy if "the rising threat of terrorism" can destabilize it that much

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

prefect posted:

Good thing she put "per se" in there -- otherwise she might have said something racist.

the indefinite a muslim not The Muslims.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'm pretty inured to this but still drat.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Prediction: Trump calls Bill Clinton a rapist in his speech today.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sir Tonk posted:

Maybe it's just me, but Drudge always seems to include a heavy innuendo with his Hillary headlines.

the picture he used makes it look like Hillary is elated at Trump throwing the contest which is definitely not what Drudge was going for but I'm going to AGC it anyway

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mirthless posted:

the picture he used makes it look like Hillary is elated at Trump throwing the contest which is definitely not what Drudge was going for but I'm going to AGC it anyway

I can't imagine that she's too pissed about going up against the weakest GOP candidate in 50 years.

poo poo, Ford had a better chance than Trump does.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thump! posted:

I can't imagine that she's too pissed about going up against the weakest GOP candidate in 50 years.

poo poo, Ford had a better chance than Trump does.

In a stunning upset, Gerald Ford wins the republican nomination for president despite being dead for ten years. "I've come back, and I'm going to show Trump how it's done."

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does it count if he just calls Hillary a rape apologist/enabler again?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-deliver-big-speech-hillary-clinton/story?id=40015483

quote:

He’s also expected to attack former PresidentBill Clinton, a Trump representative said.

:getin:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/745609119814553601

:sad:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

zoux posted:

"So what, he doesn't want Muslims, Persey, that are terrorists in the country? Then I'm glad he's saying it because I don't want them in there either." I say to my parrot, persey, when he gives me poo poo for supporting trump

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why would Cruz want to help Rubio out?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Goddamn, you have to be pretty desperate to try and get Cruz to support your run

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/732401466066014209

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Normal humans are typically amenable to offering token gestures in exchange for future favors.

Piss golems, however...well, maybe one day Rubio will learn.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

https://twitter.com/jdelreal/status/745613420356116480

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Badger of Basra posted:

for the price of a soul

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

But he said ten thousand times????

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

The short bits of misogyny that appears in the unambiguously Paul-authored letters are probably later insertions, and the longer passages are in letters that weren't written by Paul, just in his name in the 2nd or 3rd century. Paul was wacky and pro-celibacy and a lot of other weird poo poo, but credit where it's due: the best evidence is that he treated women as equals in a religious context. (He refers to traveling with women to set up all of the various churches, he mentions without comment a bunch of women in major leadership positions, etc.)

I'm no theologist so props dudes. So "Paul's misrepresentation as a misogynist" is still what is featured in the Bible as of today so my point still holds some water. Its not like there wasn't any other misogyny in the Bible, just gotta re-use Leviticus or Augustine

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if only he can be labeled a flip flopper half to death

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think Trump, if he sticks to the script, can come out on top in all this so long as, immediately following the speech, he doesn't do something like flee the country for a week to cut the ribbon on a golf course and give a rambling speech on Brexit, leaving the entirety of his response to HRC taking his speech apart to an understaffed and disorganized mess of a campaign.

Even if this unlikely scenario were to play out, I'm sure he wouldn't inform his staff to double and triple down on the positions he staked out, no matter what response they may be facing.

If he can avoid these two things, I think he'll be fine

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am so hype for this speech yall

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/745365345137893378

not even 24 hours ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

A poll came out this morning saying he would probably win if he ran.

• Locked thread