Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shear Modulus posted:

I actually like it when JVG complains about flopping or objectively lovely reffing, and I thought he was on point in those areas.

Jackson was not terrible by his standards. He wasn't even that bad on the "hand down, man down" front.

I like JVG. You won't learn much about basketball from him, but he'll make slow parts of the game entertaining. Jackson was better in the playoffs but I think its mostly because he shut up a lot more. So good on him, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is this guy credible?

https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/745601461099307008

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Niwrad posted:

Not sure the cap situation but I think Ryan Anderson would be a nice fit for Toronto.

I seem to remember from the trade deadline that Anderson's profile is something like good shooter, good pick and roller, trash rear end defence, which to be honest doesn't really sound like what Toronto needs. I mean I guess better shooting would be useful for the starting 5 but I would think that "good defence to help keep Valanciunas on the floor" would be a bigger priority.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Why would they do that and what are they trying to get?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

No

https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/745441860080959489

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hand Knit posted:

I seem to remember from the trade deadline that Anderson's profile is something like good shooter, good pick and roller, trash rear end defence, which to be honest doesn't really sound like what Toronto needs. I mean I guess better shooting would be useful for the starting 5 but I would think that "good defence to help keep Valanciunas on the floor" would be a bigger priority.

He's a great shooter, good in the low and high post (nifty footwork with a killer spin move backed up by a near-Dirk-level fadeaway), better-than-Kanter at defense, and a bit of a blackhole. He doesn't turn the ball over much, probably due to not passing much.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spoeank posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG65vRCwLMt/

I honestly forgot about Draymond's poo poo faced poo poo talking last year.

Haha hooray they gave it the treatment https://soundcloud.com/cliffhanga/nobodies-got-choices

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Draymond really has no control over his limbs does he
http://warriors.247sports.com/Bolt/Draymond-Green-appears-to-kick-Kyrie-Irving-at-the-end-of-Game-7-45914289

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

One phrase stuck with him: “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” Love started writing it on his shoes as a way to remind himself to loosen up — to not judge his performances on the statistics he was recording (which weren’t even close to his career numbers), but rather by the effort and energy he gave for tasks like rebounding and defense.

“I had just ordered a shirt from a company in Akron with that Jobs quote,” Love said. “And then [LeBron] played that [speech] like two days later. I came up to him and was like, ‘It’s so crazy you played that with all the chaos that was going on with our team, being hungry, but being down in the series.”

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Cool Buff Man posted:

What the hell is it with warriors fans

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Been basketball fans for all of two years

There's a big difference between :rolleyes: "Warriors Fans" :rolleyes: and most of the Warriors posters here who have been riding the the ups and mostly downs of the team on this forum for over a decade. Lumping the former in with the people who had to live through the Kelenna Azubuike/Andris Biedrins and Troy Murphy/Adonal Foyle eras which were just a few short years apart is pretty disingenuous.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cross posting from the sports journalism thread: J.R. Smith not wearing a shirt is a negative influence on kids:
http://www.twincities.com/2016/06/21/soucheray-even-for-an-nba-champion-is-a-shirt-too-much-to-ask/

Sorry idiot columnist, Woj already has the worst J.R. Smith take on the books

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Warriors losing opens a real possibility for Durant to sign with them in my eyes. I don't think he'd ever go to a team that already won a championship, you don't want to be seen as riding coat tails. But since they fell short...

Free agency is going to be amazing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Kibner posted:

He's a great shooter, good in the low and high post (nifty footwork with a killer spin move backed up by a near-Dirk-level fadeaway), better-than-Kanter at defense, and a bit of a blackhole. He doesn't turn the ball over much, probably due to not passing much.

Yeah this offence probably can't afford another dude who doesn't pass.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

morestuff posted:

Oh man if I was JR Smith I'd go find this guy irl and rub it the gently caress in.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

The Warriors losing opens a real possibility for Durant to sign with them in my eyes. I don't think he'd ever go to a team that already won a championship, you don't want to be seen as riding coat tails. But since they fell short...

Free agency is going to be amazing.

Basically that exact team won one last year. I guess it's a little less coat-tails, but its not like GSW isn't still the odds-on favor for 2017 NBA Champion right now. Durant would still be joining Steph, Draymond and Klay's team.

He might not give a poo poo, and I think he'd be hard pressed to find a better situation than OKC but I'm not sure the game 7 loss moves the needle all that much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is not the year to trade Gordon at all.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Russell Westbrook is better than all three of those players, though.

e: the odds of KD doing anything other than signing a 1+1 are like 1%

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I really thought that the era of judgmental old white dude hot takes on black athletes personalities had come to an end, but here we are with two piping hot piles of bullshit.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There are mile-plus long lines to get on the RTA to get downtown for the parade.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the Jazz are a point guard away from being a legitimate mid-seed playoff team, I'd be very surprised if they traded away any of their rotation players at this point.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

dokmo posted:

The top three picks in this draft suck. I said it.

Nah i think there is a pretty good chance Simmons turns into a star and i see lots of big men that will be good. Also i'm on the Kris Dunn bandwagon.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Manu Ginobli is a free agent.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tales of Woe posted:

the Jazz are a point guard away from being a legitimate mid-seed playoff team, I'd be very surprised if they traded away any of their rotation players at this point.
luckily Dante Exum will be like acquiring a point guard

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Battery level giving me a heart attack mate

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

does knee surgery fix your jumper I'm not up on my latest medical science

This also sound like Dennis Lindsey bragging last year about how getting Alec Burks back from injury was their big free agent move

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

not sure they can afford to spend another year finding out if he's good enough, the rest of the team is more or less ready to compete. they at least need a better plan B than 1500 minutes of Raul Neto this time.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

:thejoke:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So uh, Andrew Wiggins has been working out

:stare:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cross posting from the sports journalism thread: J.R. Smith not wearing a shirt is a negative influence on kids:
http://www.twincities.com/2016/06/21/soucheray-even-for-an-nba-champion-is-a-shirt-too-much-to-ask/

This guy has a radio show that I accidentally listen to sometimes because it's on after the one I listen to on purpose and he's basically the textbook definition of old man yells at cloud

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

So uh, Andrew Wiggins has been working out

:stare:

Couldn't they at least wear shirts? Yeesh, have some dignity.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Who's going to be the first player to reportedly gain 15 pounds of muscle this summer?

Parker? Randle? Meyers Leonard? Every power forward under the age of 27?

Injury multipliers are in play for Anthony Davis and Eric Bledsoe

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Hayward thing feels like yet another case of the Boston front office leaking their own fanfic.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Durant staying in OKC, lock it in

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bet your job right now

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

Oh man if I was JR Smith I'd go find this guy irl and rub it the gently caress in.

Maybe he could take him for a few beers and a nice drive.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Whatever this is is is what I'm into
https://twitter.com/BBiomechanics/status/745644685847298048

Terry Glenn posted:

Who's going to be the first player to reportedly gain 15 pounds of muscle this summer?

Parker? Randle? Meyers Leonard? Every power forward under the age of 27?

Injury multipliers are in play for Anthony Davis and Eric Bledsoe

John Henson had an extremely good cycle and is up to a rock solid 185

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 22, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/745644633229778944?s=09

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

No shock on either but

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/745646217195970560

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/745646343511805952

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can I get a link to the brolic Block article?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Congratulations

Los Angeles

Lakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This parade is confusing me. Where are the players?!?!

It's like a bunch of nobody's driving down the street.

• Locked thread