Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk is now Westworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is the official translation Elfhelm and not Elfheim? Because lol Elfhat Island.

Yeah, it is.

Famitsu's Berserk Warriors pages, not in order.
http://imgur.com/a/L1fL4

a selection of those screens at a more readable resolution

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 22, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
looks better than the new anime

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Relin posted:

unironically agreed

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Puck said elves and witches/wizards live together so until the translations actually come out I'm still gonna assume this is the right island.

Also those screenshots look kickin' sweet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone was rough translating from Korean in an /a/ thread but got annoyed by waifuposting so they gave it up, but from the look of it, it's the right island. At least, the party identifies them as Skellig Island wizards/witches.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I just noticed in those notes about Berserk Musou:

quote:

First print incentive is an extra costume for Casca drenched in water.

You can see from the magazine shot that they matched the manga panel pretty much perfectly, so that's cool. But like... comeon. That's a pretty creepy pre-order bonus :japan:

Considering the first image we saw was Casca during the Eclipse, now there's a picture of her naked held in place and they're offering a "wet t-shirt casca" outfit as a pre-order bonus... blagh. Of all the things to focus on with Berserk Dynasty Warriors that's... not what I would have chosen. Start with the gratuitous violence surely? Even if you want to touch the dark sexual stuff, you build up to that. But comes across like they're almost more interested in that stuff than guts' sword or how many dudes he kills. Seems backwards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
on the other hand, you can probably play as caska in free mode and beat the poo poo out of femto

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Serious Frolicking posted:

on the other hand, you can probably play as caska in free mode and beat the poo poo out of femto

Yeah that'd be satisfying.

There's gonna be some fun free mode alt-stories possible.

Corkus goes on a mad rampage! Defeats Guts and Griffith and becomes King of Midland.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Zaphod42 posted:

I just noticed in those notes about Berserk Musou:

You can see from the magazine shot that they matched the manga panel pretty much perfectly, so that's cool. But like... comeon. That's a pretty creepy pre-order bonus :japan:

Considering the first image we saw was Casca during the Eclipse, now there's a picture of her naked held in place and they're offering a "wet t-shirt casca" outfit as a pre-order bonus... blagh. Of all the things to focus on with Berserk Dynasty Warriors that's... not what I would have chosen. Start with the gratuitous violence surely? Even if you want to touch the dark sexual stuff, you build up to that. But comes across like they're almost more interested in that stuff than guts' sword or how many dudes he kills. Seems backwards.

Like they said in the play-asia interview, Japan is more comfortable (more interested) in the erotic content, and the West, in general is more comfortable with (more interested in) the violent content.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

muike posted:

Like they said in the play-asia interview, Japan is more comfortable (more interested) in the erotic content, and the West, in general is more comfortable with (more interested in) the violent content.

For sure, but even if you're comfortable with sexuality, things like rape are still a bit uncomfortable and taboo no? That's a whole other bag. That's sexual-violence, not just sex.

And this is the Dynasty Warriors series. Clearly they've managed to get over the violence thing. Its expected from the series.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I hope they depict the eclipse, rape and all, as an unskippable cutscene every time the game starts.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just finished reading the Eclipse part

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I'm sorry

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I just finished reading the Eclipse part

Solid username post combo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Relin posted:

Like, god drat, if the game looks that good then is the excuse of the people working on the anime just simply that they're "not good"?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Awesome Welles posted:

Like, god drat, if the game looks that good then is the excuse of the people working on the anime just simply that they're "not good"?

I feel like they just don't have a cohesive art style of their own. That's what stood out to me on the last trailer. They're trying to ape a hand drawn look for some things and CG texturing for others and it just doesn't work. The Musou people at least have their own style and pipeline in place outside copying the manga.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The CG studio doing Berserk seems pretty new. I don't think the anime looks that bad, and trying to shoot the game models in a "film" way would probably reveal a lot of the weaknesses of the game models/animation, but the musou studio has also been doing what they do for a long time.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

What we need is for ufotable to do a Berserk anime

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPBx5Dq-Jk

:getin:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the game does actually look as good as those screenshots but they look way better than the average Musou game, Arslan Warriors looked like rear end and it still has PS3 and Vita versions

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's cool as gently caress

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
So PC users get another buggy port of the PS3 version for some weird reason when the PS4 is a mid-range PC in a black box, right?

PS: :black101: :unsmigghh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not even mid range at this point.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Andrigaar posted:

So PC users get another buggy port of the PS3 version for some weird reason when the PS4 is a mid-range PC in a black box, right?

PS: :black101: :unsmigghh:

They have made PS4 ports too, you know, like Arslan. Even Dragon Quest Heroes would count as one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 port of Arslan still looked like a PS3 game though

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

On chapter 344: There is like a 300% chance this place is going to get torched by Griffith in the latter part of the story.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
"Page not found". Woohoo, it's like they're channeling Miura in February when he decides on another "see you sometime".

oic it apparently bounced to http://imgur.com/a/RqyMD (maybe, I haven't checked the whole thing)

Edit: Woohoo a moon child appearance, but I can't read the symbols so I have to wait. It also sure looks like Puck is in trouble there for some reason. Also, why do these trees look like Ganishka?

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 23, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The graphic style reminds me more of Dark Souls than Musou, which is appropriate for Berserk. Hopefully they mix up the Musou formula quite a bit and make this a proper Berserk game.

Only a short bit of gameplay but looking very promising. Guts killin' dudes :thumbsup:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Really hope there's dismemberment in the actual game though. Otherwise just causing gouts of blood and knocking enemies back would get rather dull.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can see Trolls being chopped apart in the trailer. I wouldn't bet on it for humans, unless they add it for the english language versions.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Choppin' up trolls. This is already looking like a good game.

They said they're going to cover the Golden Age arc, then move forward, so my money's on them covering everything in the manga from the beginning up to the founding of Falconia.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
As long as there is Zodd, what is there to complain about?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Choppin' up trolls. This is already looking like a good game.

They said they're going to cover the Golden Age arc, then move forward, so my money's on them covering everything in the manga from the beginning up to the founding of Falconia.

It's confirmed on the official site that it covers from Golden Age to the end of Millennium Falcon, yeah.

I would assume that includes Black Swordsman and Lost Children.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oh, neat. I'd only heard they were starting from Guts' time with the Hawks, then moving "Forward" for some vague value of forward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The site only opened on the 23rd JP time so it's pretty fresh info.

I want to play as Skull Knight, Zodd, Mozgus, Corkus, Judeau, Pippin, Schierke, Schierke, Schierke, Schierke, Serpico, and all iterations of Guts.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I'm going to be very sad if the game doesn't have a stage where you play as Guts flying around on Zodd's back to fight Ganishka.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

For one level the game becomes Space Harrier.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Idol rhythm game to kill the Sea God with sick mermaid vocaloid tunes

Oh poo poo, that's too late in the story to get covered, isn't it?

Perhaps it's better this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I don't care if I get anything else if I get the berserker armor