Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I guess George Hill is your PG acquisition MV, congrats???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/745676854112165888

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

It's ok, I'll allow for him to wear a shirt for the short amount of time he had one on this morning.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

I guess George Hill is your PG acquisition MV, congrats???

He's actually a pretty good fit for what they need, assuming they didn't give up too much.

E: sounds like it's the number 12 pick which I'm fine with

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

He's actually a pretty good fit for what they need, assuming they didn't give up too much.

I assume it's your first round pick which makes it a decent deal. Solid veteran PG who can play off the ball a bit while Hayward does his thing and doesn't directly threaten Dante Exum

Maybe they even tossed in Trey Burke! Bud loves taking on reclamation projects

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Utah sending the #12 to Atlanta.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't love anyone in the back part of the lottery and he gives some desperately needed stability to a position where they haven't had any since Deron left while also not significantly harming Exum's long term development.

If they also trick someone into taking Burke then it is the deal of the century

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah good deal for Utah. Don't know what Atlanta sees at 12.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

I don't love anyone in the back part of the lottery and he gives some desperately needed stability to a position where they haven't had any since Deron left while also not significantly harming Exum's long term development.

If they also trick someone into taking Burke then it is the deal of the century

You were hoping that Utah takes Wade Baldwin so this is a clear upgrade.

Do we pencil Skal or Deyonta in for Atlanta now?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

euphronius posted:

Wade Baldwin's there if they want another PG to develop.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The point guards I've pined for be last two seasons have been George Hill and Pat Beverly, I'm a big dreamer

WhyteRyce posted:

You were hoping that Utah takes Wade Baldwin so this is a clear upgrade.

Do we pencil Skal or Deyonta in for Atlanta now?

Yeah Baldwin seemed like the best fit but Hill is probably like the most optimistic outcome for him anyway and it'd be a few years down the line.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

per Woj, Indiana wants to extend Teague.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guess Atl didn't want Noel.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

euphronius posted:

I don't think anyone at 12 is going to be better than Teague or Hill. Strange deal I don't know. This whole draft seems like a crap shoot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would like to know who's the draft person in Atlanta, just considering they traded the 18th pick in a good draft for Tim hardaway who proceeded to never play basically.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Welp time to write in Earl Smith.

You tryna get that keystone pipeline

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

I would like to know who's the draft person in Atlanta, just considering they traded the 18th pick in a good draft for Tim hardaway who proceeded to never play basically.

Bud calls the shots.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

How that deal turned from ":lol: the best team in the league might get a #1 overall pick" to "Tim Hardaway Jr. :smith:" will always be funny to me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
George Hill will always be flipped for a mid-round pick for ever and ever

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

MourningView posted:

E: sounds like it's the number 12 pick which I'm fine with

That's about what the Spurs got for him, the 15th, Bertans, and Lorbek.

Bertans is supposed to be coming over this year, so we get to see how bad that trade actually was.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I want a JR Smith Tracking Thread. I'm convinced after this party he's just going to disappear, never to be seen again. Like a basketball Bigfoot.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

George Hill will always be flipped for a mid-round pick for ever and ever

Confirmed that Skal will turn into a perennial all-star and DPOTY

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

RIP Denver Nuggets teams that were fun to watch. Especially the 12-13 squad.

Man that team had a ton of players I like on it http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DEN/2013.html Iggy, my formative Fournier experience, Faried, Good Lawson f. Friend Mozgov, Andre Miller

I've got high hopes for Mike Malone and the Bosnian Beast. I wouldn't be completely surprised if they made some moves and showed up in the playoffs in the weakass Western Conference. Gary Harris and Will Barton were both legit MIP candidates, and Mudiay had a lot of problems but he did do that one thing--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41wozZqP_Q

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is out of Denver is in. Houston or Memphis? Plus Utah is probably in too.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
ATL gonna blow it up?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

E2M2 posted:

ATL gonna blow it up?

Dibs on Horford

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If Utah is trying to move Hayward I want Memphis to go get him stat

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/745684347198504960

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Atlanta must think Horford is gone.

Weird how the Hawks suddenly have such a bare cupboard.

Edit: Millsap is the real prize. He's gonna opt out next summer, so he's probably up for grabs.

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 22, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

If Utah is trying to move Hayward I want Memphis to go get him stat

they aren't, especially now that they've traded a lottery pick for a 30 year point guard

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

E2M2 posted:

ATL gonna blow it up?

Is this a sign that Horford's out?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love that deal for Utah. I get the move from Indiana's perspective because Teague is more of a shot creator than Hill. Not sure what Altanta's doing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you play Exum and Hill. Yeah probably.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

People have been saying Teague was gone all last year, I doubt this is a sign they are blowing poo poo up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They got a bad pick for him tho.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I think Schroder is better than Teague coming into this season.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I like the trade for the Pacers, finally a real point guard.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I like Teague but I think he's in that Jrue Holiday boat of people thinking he's better than he is because All-Star

Also :lol: Dwight in NY
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/745687224398688256

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Can you play Exum and Hill. Yeah probably.

I always thought Hill was more of a 2 than a 1 anyway. He can guard both for sure. Makes sense for Utah though because you have Hayward who can help running the offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Someone just handed JR an entire child

• Locked thread