Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

I like Teague but I think he's in that Jrue Holiday boat of people thinking he's better than he is because All-Star

Also :lol: Dwight in NY
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/745687224398688256

plz no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What would we even do with him? We just gave Robin Lopez a ton of money and Porzingis is the future of the franchise. So you're either shoving Lopez onto the bench and setting a torch to that money or you're stunting the growth of the future.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Libertine posted:

I don't think anyone at 12 is going to be better than Teague or Hill. Strange deal I don't know. This whole draft seems like a crap shoot.

The Hawks seem like a crap shoot right now. I am not optimistic about how they use this pick after last year's draft debacle.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Now with apropos background music.

https://twitter.com/DomainDiego619/status/745689562387603457?s=09

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Teague was gone anyway, I just wish Bud would let somebody else be in charge of personnel poo poo. We could have done a lot better than the 12 pick

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Welcome to Earl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Teague was gone anyway, I just wish Bud would let somebody else be in charge of personnel poo poo. We could have done a lot better than the 12 pick

Think the contract situation depressed his value.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

People have been saying Teague was gone all last year, I doubt this is a sign they are blowing poo poo up.

Yeah but if you want to keep your 29 year old all star free agent you get a solid vet in return.

I wonder if Atlanta would take Plumlee and Ed Davis for Millsap. Maybe throw in the 2018 Cleveland first.

Lillard/CJ/Aminu/Millsap/Howard or Whiteside or Biyombo would be a really good starting 5.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

EvanTH posted:

I think Schroder is better than Teague coming into this season.

I don't think they'll get a whole lot more out of Schroder than what we've seen. I think they are going to need to get a lot better around him, after Horford leaves.

Next season is going to really test the "Bud is a genius" vs. "It was Ferry's team all along" narratives.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a ridiculous offer for Millsap. :wtc:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

Yah barring some hilarious poo poo the Warriors will probably be in the Finals next year.

Considering how many Spurs games I'm set to go to next season I don't know if I should remain a Warriors fan or just become a Spurs one. Thoughts from anyone else thst has moved before?

Do you still support your old team or find something that may be easier to follow?
welcome to the fat fold my son

it's warm down here

here's something to commemorate your awakening ritual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyowVlZsBow

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

euphronius posted:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euphronius posted:

I don't think it's that bad for a 1 year rental of a 31 year old. Boston would probably top that offer tho. Not sure who else. Maybe Toronto?

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What would we even do with him? We just gave Robin Lopez a ton of money and Porzingis is the future of the franchise. So you're either shoving Lopez onto the bench and setting a torch to that money or you're stunting the growth of the future.

Unless you can trade Lopez for someone, it makes no sense for the Knicks. We need backcourt help and there's not much that can be picked up in free agency.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh. Millsap is a real real real real good player guys.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Pacers get a point guard, and go into the draft looking 100% at big men in round 1.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dwight thinks he's still a star and probably expects teams to be pounding at his door once free agency starts.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Shear Modulus posted:

Dwight thinks he's still a star and probably expects teams to be pounding at his door once free agency starts.

Yeah, I've seen Charlotte listed as a possible landing spot but unless he's willing to take ~20M I don't know if that's possible

Edit: https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745695860189728768

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/745696405860270081

here's the news, the views belong to you my friends

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:stare:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

don't like this, nope

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

welp

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
E: beaten

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Rose to the Knicks.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Terry Glenn posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/745696405860270081

here's the news, the views belong to you my friends

Issue resolved!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:eyepop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So how do Melo and Rose fit in together?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

loving kill me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lopez, Jerian Grant, + more to come.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

zoux posted:

They can share knee rehab stories.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so how does espn break this

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745696732390928385

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lmfao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
IT'S THE OFFSEASON FELLAS LET'S GET WEIRD

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Eh. Millsap is a real real real real good player guys.

He was the second best PF in the league this year after Draymond Green i dunno how people keep underestimating him

tadashi posted:

I don't think they'll get a whole lot more out of Schroder than what we've seen. I think they are going to need to get a lot better around him, after Horford leaves.

Next season is going to really test the "Bud is a genius" vs. "It was Ferry's team all along" narratives.

Schroder's gonna turn 23 in September and he's improved every season. I think he'll be good, but yeah maybe not "completely forget Jeff Teague ever happened" good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Evanth finally got his PG he deserves.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jose Calderon included.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Uh I don't exactly know what to think except gently caress Yeah Calderon's Off My Team

zoux posted:

Melo doesn't fit together with anyone except LeBron

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
What the gently caress Knicks :stare:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I seriously don't know how to feel about this trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

What the gently caress does the Bulls starting 5 look like right now?

• Locked thread