Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So besides delete your account and nice meltdown, is there any other twitter shorthand to keep Trump eggs tweeting at you in angrier and angrier fashion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Montasque posted:

Wherever these are sold is an indication of White Distress.

I'm not asking why. I'm asking how.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Not a Step posted:

You should drive through the godforsaken desert through the southwest along I-40 and see the Native American trailer slums if you want a nice sun scorched contrast.

I have done that, even foolishly paid $2 over per gallon what was reasonable because I didn't plan ahead and the gas station the reservation was full-service and my only choice.

I've driven through most corners of this country at one point or another and nothing beats I-90 through Upstate New York in terribleness.

Maybe it's a mental thing on my part.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Fullhouse posted:

Obviously there are a lot of depressing places having hard times but I really want to know how this "sad flyover town where nobody wants to be" is quantified statistically

http://www.nbcnews.com/specials/donald-trump-republican-party

quote:

Distress metric is weighted among the five-year 2014 American Community Survey estimates for white poverty (non-Hispanic), white labor participation (non-Hispanic) and high school degree holders and the inflation-adjusted difference between the BLS 2004 and 2014 Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages survey.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm not asking why. I'm asking how.

If I had to guess it would be that the mac n cheese is frozen into shaped molds then rolled in Cheeto dust then frozen again and shipped out to Bks all over this great nation. When they are ordered they are then dropped into hot oil for that fried Cheeto taste.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

White crayon is the only color Drump will use. Happy!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

*latinos, women, and muslims exempted

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They should've just named it the Juggalo Index

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pook Good Mook posted:

I have done that, even foolishly paid $2 over per gallon what was reasonable because I didn't plan ahead and the gas station the reservation was full-service and my only choice.

I've driven through most corners of this country at one point or another and nothing beats I-90 through Upstate New York in terribleness.

Maybe it's a mental thing on my part.

There are spots worse than the I-90 stretch: Detroit, Flint, Gary Indiana, Camden NJ... But I-90 is just rundown empty town after rundown empty town. It's so depressing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

:qq: So unfair! :qq: -Trump, probably.

quote:

BALMEDIE, Scotland — When Donald Trump arrives this weekend at the golf course he built on the rugged dunes of this remote, windswept corner overlooking the North Sea, he will celebrate it as an example of his international business success.

quote:

“When I first arrived on the scene in Aberdeen, the people of Scotland were testing me to see just how serious I was — just like the citizens in the United States have done about my race for the White House,” Trump wrote in a column published this spring in a local newspaper under the headline “How Scotland will help me become president.”

“I had to win them over — I had to convince them that I meant business and that I had their best interests in mind,” he wrote. “Well, Scotland has already been won — and so will the United States.”

But to many people in Scotland, his course here has been a failure. Over the past decade, Trump has battled with homeowners, elbowed his way through the planning process, shattered relationships with elected leaders and sued the Scottish government. On top of that, he has yet to fulfill the lofty promises he made.

Trump has also reported to Scottish authorities that he lost millions of dollars on the project — even as he claims on U.S. presidential disclosure forms that the course has been highly profitable.

:qq:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Montasque posted:

dear gods they're a real thing

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Montasque posted:

There are spots worse than the I-90 stretch: Detroit, Flint, Gary Indiana, Camden NJ... But I-90 is just rundown empty town after rundown empty town. It's so depressing.

But the great blue cities and metro areas are nicer than ever! NYC, SanFran, Washington DC, Seattle, LA, the list goes on and on.

We deliberately looted them for our benefit. But anybody who's going to cry over spilled racists and bigots is on the wrong side of history. The demographic bomb is here, we don't even have to pretend like we care anymore. They are hosed, and this is only the beginning of how bad it's going to get for them.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Uh-oh Robert Marrow is having it out with Roger Stone.

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/745708956933201920

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Looking forward to seeing Avril Lavigne on the campaign trail with Donald

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I still can't get over that he loving sued *all of Scotland* because they were mean to him

is there a predictit for him suing the US after they fail to elect him president because I bet there's money in that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

dear gods they're a real thing

i dub them Trump Dumplings

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also it was really hosed up how roaming hordes of Angelenos and New Yorkers pillaged Birmingham of all its industrial capacity, that one time

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

"“When I first arrived on the scene in Aberdeen, the people of Scotland were testing me"

Why does this sound like the beginning of a limerick or shanty

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MysteriousStranger posted:

But the great blue cities and metro areas are nicer than ever! NYC, SanFran, Washington DC, Seattle, LA, the list goes on and on.

We deliberately looted them for our benefit. But anybody who's going to cry over spilled racists and bigots is on the wrong side of history. The demographic bomb is here, we don't even have to pretend like we care anymore. They are hosed, and this is only the beginning of how bad it's going to get for them.

blame your parents' and grandparents' neighbors for deciding whereever it is you live is a piece of poo poo back in the 20s-60s, and then leaving for some dumbass suburb bro lol

those places weren't "looted", they never had anything of value to "loot"

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sarcasm or legitimate talking point? Only zoux knows.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

Looking forward to seeing Avril Lavigne on the campaign trail with Donald

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm with you is a real hacky non-trumpian slogan. Pretty sad how he's completely been hollowed out by the gop imho

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

yikes

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

i mean they don't look bad they're just like fried cheetos or something and then bam they're filled with kraft dinner for some fuckin reason

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Montasque posted:

From a "depressing cities per mile" measure you're right. I think what makes Upstate worse is how loving boring it is.

Like I-80/90 through the rust belt is sad at least you have stuff to look at. With upstate it's an hour and a half between each depressing place and literally NOTHING to see in between except an endless hallway of trees and rest stops that look identical to the one you passed 40 miles ago.

Is this the new "Democrats are the real racists?" attack? You know, starting from a modern problem, tracing it back to national trends, and tenuously linking by saying that "the places that benefited are liberal therefore liberals are responsible!" While the whole argument is disingenuous (see randroid's response) I'll point out that there's evidence that the towns and cities in the Midwest are seeing increased growth among Millenials who want places with amenities but are also looking for affordable places to begin their families. Des Moines or Omaha for example. I'm sure I'm pissing in the wind when I tell you that the reason a lot of places are full of poor unemployed white people is because the local and state governments willingly sold out their population for short term gain (keeping a failing business in town) but giving out tax breaks that were paid for by gutting education spending (i.e., the one thing that could have helped their population avoid the situation they're in).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

shiksa posted:

I'm with you is a real hacky non-trumpian slogan. Pretty sad how he's completely been hollowed out by the gop imho

It really does remind me of the Christine ODonnell thing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

pathetic little tramp posted:

i mean they don't look bad they're just like fried cheetos or something and then bam they're filled with kraft dinner for some fuckin reason

Canadian! Out! Get em out! Take his coat!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
if it weren't for those darn democrats and new yorkers, anonymous town based around a bunch of farmers who moved in 110 years ago and sold out 50 years ago #459 would totally be a thriving town today

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
"why are these states which have been electing republican governments for forty years doing so lovely? must be the DEMOCRATS!"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Montasque posted:

It's like a terrible version of mac poppers which are pretty good until you start eating your 2nd or 3rd one.

edit:

quote:

Burger King, the restaurant chain backed by 3G Capital and Warren Buffett, will begin selling deep-fried sticks of macaroni and cheese encrusted in Cheetos-flavored breading, part of a trend toward blending fast food with well-known snack brands.

The new product, called Mac ’n Cheetos, emerged from a partnership with PepsiCo Inc.’s Frito-Lay, the snack empire that owns Cheetos, Doritos, Ruffles and other chips. The move mimics the strategy of Yum! Brands Inc.’s Taco Bell, which introduced a taco with a Doritos shell in 2012. That item, called Doritos Locos Tacos, helped turn around sales at the then-struggling chain and offshoots followed: Cool Ranch, Nacho Cheese and Fiery Doritos.

Mac ’n Cheetos will be sold for about eight weeks or until supplies run out, said Burger King, which is part of Restaurant Brands International Inc. The $2.49 five-pack of portable macaroni-and-cheese bites are similar to mozzarella sticks. The item, which has 310 calories, has already appeared at some Burger King restaurants in a trial phase.

“We’re partnering up with one of Americans’ favorite brands,” Alex Macedo, president of North America at Burger King, said in an interview. “It’s quite unique.”

Hot Dogs

Facing a fiercely competitive fast-food market, restaurant chains are under pressure to get more creative with their menus. Burger King previously started selling grilled Oscar Mayer hot dogs earlier this year, along with an Egg-normous burrito and Chicken Fries Rings. Other chains, including McDonald’s Corp., are relying more heavily on discounts, such as a two-for-$5 deal.
The Mac ’n Cheetos debut also reflects the increasingly tangled web of fast-food alliances. Though PepsiCo owns Cheetos, Burger King’s U.S. restaurants sell beverages from Coca-Cola Co., another company backed by Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.

However, some of Burger King’s international locations sell Pepsi drinks, and domestic ones offer PepsiCo’s Quaker oatmeal. Yum and PepsiCo, meanwhile, used to be part of the same company, and partnerships between the two are more common.

The new item shouldn’t be seen as a sign that Burger King is switching to Pepsi in the U.S., Macedo said.
“It’s not a plan for us to migrate to Pepsi,” he said. “Our relationship with Coke is as good as it is with PepsiCo.”

The two companies started working together about a year ago to create the mac-and-cheese item. It’s the first time the Cheetos brand has been extended beyond chips into other food, and there may be more hybrids coming.
“We’re working on a few other menu items,” Macedo said. “There’s room for us to do more together in the future.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-22/burger-king-jumps-into-snack-brand-hybrids-with-mac-n-cheetos

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 22, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

ahahahhhahahahaha

Gonna look for these definitely

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

To be fair most rust-belt towns are in New York, Michigan, PA, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Hardly Republican strongholds.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is trump for or against the cheesy decadence of the burger king mac n' cheetos

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

fishmech posted:

if it weren't for those darn democrats and new yorkers, anonymous town based around a bunch of farmers who moved in 110 years ago and sold out 50 years ago #459 would totally be a thriving town today

What's hilarious are a lot of these towns are being kept afloat (meaning their post office stays open) because Central Americans and Mexicans have been moving to farm because land and housing is so cheap and the big corporate farms still need young workers.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-iowa-trump-latinos-20160122-story.html

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is trump for or against the cheesy decadence of the burger king mac n' cheetos
He's a McDonald's man, so I'm guessing against.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the guy screaming YEAH after every sentence trump jr right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

babypolis posted:

the guy screaming YEAH after every sentence trump jr right?

It's Vile

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

HappyHippo posted:

"why are these states which have been electing republican governments for forty years doing so lovely? must be the DEMOCRATS!"

Careful, they can say that about cities and Democratic mayors too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Montasque posted:

Can someone tell me why America needs to be made great again

Because this picture is proof that it is already great

• Locked thread