Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

I cant dance and I have a thing for Asian girls is that enough proof

Jews are not white, get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fire Barrel posted:

Adding to the above sentiments, civic nationalism has always had more weight in the US. That there were different European groups settling, for example, would've made ethnic nationalism a hard sell to some, especially considering that not all Europeans were even treated with the same level of respect in American society. That's not to say there weren't racist or xenophobic elements underlying, or indeed disrupting, the general shape American identity took, but it also doesn't mean that we were founded on ethno-nationalism.

:shrug:
no one thing is the absolutely true and defining main characteristic of american ideology, but your a fool if you think ethnic nationalism isnt a component

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

I cant dance and I have a thing for Asian girls is that enough proof

Both of these are generally true for Asian guys too though

I mean, except for the ones who are the best dancers in existence, the rest of them suck

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Is Ted Cruz white?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
gbs should brexit from e/n

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Jews are not white, get over it.

This was a thing I was referencing in my "50 years ago I would be half white but now I'm all white" post earlier but I realize there is an inherent contradiction in "trying to discuss racial theory with Tramadol Junkie" so I'll give it a rest

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Junkfist posted:

Is Ted Cruz white?

Motherfucker's whiter than me

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Junkfist posted:

Is Ted Cruz white?

I'm fairly sure his identity has never been established.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Fire Barrel posted:

While that's not necessarily wrong, it doesn't invalidate the sentiment of the post. American national identity isn't based around the same ethno-nationalism which blew up in Europe during the latter half of the 18th and then the 19th centuries. That's not to say there ethno-nationalism doesn't exist in the US though.

I can agree with this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Junkfist posted:

Is Ted Cruz white?

ted cruz is white last I checked

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ahahahaha ok word filter you got me there

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

I thought this issue was settled? Pink nipples = white, the end. All else is personal opinion and prejudice

Oh God,...

I was white this whole time! :ohdear:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
ill brexit the teeth out of yer gob mate

- an actual british threat heard in one of their pubs

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Dreddout posted:

Oh God,...

I was white this whole time! :ohdear:

Here's your complimentary polo shirt.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
intersectional feminism changes the equation because now white women aren't white

so i dunno

i just hate everybody equally :shrug:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Ok look maybe you're not a fan of Ted Cruz, his political knife fights or his desire to slash the IRS but I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz is a PoC and it would be rude to deny Ted Cruz his heritage.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tuxedo Gin posted:

we have

white: american, australian, canadian, kiwi, british, irish, german, french, scandanavian

not white: brown skin, slavs (including baltics and hungarians, italians, spanish, portugese, greek, fins, questionable heritage

You sure 'bout dem i-tallions? What about them Hungarios?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

reallivedinosaur posted:

i just hate everybody equally :shrug:

That makes you an elderly white male.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Rutibex posted:

they didn't have any problems taking all the land that didn't have any Mexican in it though?

You mean like Texas and California? The reason we didn't take more is because they successfully fought back. gently caress we couldn't even take Canada when they were distracted fighting Napoleon but it's not to say we didn't try.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You sure 'bout dem i-tallions? What about them Hungarios?

His list is mostly right though you could argue that "american" "Canadian" and "Australian" aren't really races, but rather nationalities that don't necessarily denote a person's whiteness

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

That makes you an elderly white male.

whatever labels ya got is all the same

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Here's your complimentary polo shirt.
I just fell into a pool of Budlight lime and had the melanin burned off of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

This is me IRL, but wearing a polo, khakis, and aviator shades.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
hungarians arent slavs idiot

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Jews are 100% definitely not white, they are middle eastern. That's why it's hilarious when rightwingers show love for Israel while at the same time hating Arabs/Muslims. They're all the same exact thing!

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

hungarians arent slavs idiot

Hungarians are Magyars and descendants of the Mongols from central Asia and NOT white.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Jews are not white, get over it

You say that like being white is a good thing.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

City of Tampa posted:

Jews are 100% definitely not white, they are middle eastern. That's why it's hilarious when rightwingers show love for Israel while at the same time hating Arabs/Muslims. They're all the same exact thing!

Someone's confusing race and religion again

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

You say that like being white is a good thing.

White privilege.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tramadol Junkie posted:

White privilege.

Won't be a thing in 50 years. And thank god for that.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

reallivedinosaur posted:

Someone's confusing race and religion again

Yeah white people can convert to being Jewish but that's hardly the norm. Most Jewish people are of middle eastern descent.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa posted:

Yeah white people can convert to being Jewish but that's hardly the norm. Most Jewish people are of middle eastern descent.

You can only be Jewish if your Mother was Jewish.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Hungarians are Magyars and descendants of the Mongols from central Asia and NOT white.

yeah so not slavs, idiot

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

kikkelivelho posted:

His list is mostly right though you could argue that "american" "Canadian" and "Australian" aren't really races, but rather nationalities that don't necessarily denote a person's whiteness

nah they need to be included because once you've fully assimilated you are white, as long as you are actually white. that's the back door, even russians and italians can be white if they come to the US earlier enough and assimilate without any accent or weird foreign behaviors, and as long as they say "american" when you ask what they are and not "russian" or "russian america"

being white is about giving up your actual cultural heritage and being a reflection of your skin color only

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
So when are the results of this vote.

I mean the pages of slapfighting about racism with a racist are great and all.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I can't decide. Both choices are so loving sweet it hurts. It is like the opposite of the next US election.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

So when are the results of this vote.

I mean the pages of slapfighting about racism with a racist are great and all.

Tomorrow. A rough idea of the result should be available at about mid-day in US timezones.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You can only be Jewish if your Mother was Jewish.

No, you can convert. Ask Sammy Davis Jr.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Tuxedo Gin posted:

nah they need to be included because once you've fully assimilated you are white, as long as you are actually white. that's the back door, even russians and italians can be white if they come to the US earlier enough and assimilate without any accent or weird foreign behaviors, and as long as they say "american" when you ask what they are and not "russian" or "russian america"

being white is about giving up your actual cultural heritage and being a reflection of your skin color only

You seem to be talking about cultural whiteness (Obama, Idris Elba), while I'm discussing whiteness purely from a race / ethnicity standpoint, where Italians would surely never be considered white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa posted:

No, you can convert. Ask Sammy Davis Jr.

Jews are an ethnicity before a religion.

• Locked thread