Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Huh. Well. Ok. I see. Fine. gently caress it.

I suppose, in response,

1. Carl Hubbell gets his triumphant return, but to SP1
2. Make Joe Nathan the closer
3. I guess Tom Hughes can come back to MR, Worrell to SR

I think only the Janus can stop the Mexicutioners now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

-DL Reuschel and Marichal, call up Matlack and Stanton
- Put The Brothers Kaat in the rotation, Stanton to SR, Matlack to LR

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

EXPANSION CUP: JULY INJURY REPORT

BAD NEWS GOOGS: Travis Wood (Took an innings incentive too seriously)(19 days)

That's it!

Also congrats to Boston's Babe Ruth for winning the Home Run Derby, defeating Burlington's Babe Ruth.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hmm, I was going to change the lineup vs. LHP to give Lajoie some more at-bats, but I guess I'm only facing righties this upcoming week, and Morgan seems to actually be hitting against righties, sort of.

I guess, no changes for now; I'm not really sure there even is a good change I could make at this point.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Well, that was disappointing.

Make the Masked SS the starting SS again. Let's not finish the final month as a team with a losing record, hmm?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
He didn't actually get time off last week, I just made the roster change after I simmed it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

CFBalla posted:

Well, that was disappointing.

Make the Masked SS the starting SS again. Let's not finish the final month as a team with a losing record, hmm?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

He didn't actually get time off last week, I just made the roster change after I simmed it.
:banjo:

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I can blame that I'm tired, but no, I'm just dumb. Forget I even posted then. Ugh.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

I suppose I should probably make a formal restructuring of my lineup for the remaining three weeks of the MACHINE's absence. I'm a bit worried about Frisch's soreness but he's generally sucked with the bat this season anyway so its not like I have much to lose there...

vs. RHP
1. LF Tim Raines
2. 1B Buck Leonard
3. C Johnny Bench
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. SS Robin Yount
6. 3B Paul Molitor
7. CF Earle Combs
8. 2B Frankie Frisch

vs. LHP
1. LF Tim Raines
2. 1B Buck Leonard
3. C Johnny Bench
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. CF Roger Bresnahan
6. SS Robin Yount
7. 3B Paul Molitor
8. 2B Frankie Frisch

Thanks, Smasher. And long live the MACHINE!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Swap Bob Gibson & Bert Blyleven.

The lack of lefties is crazy. I think I'm going a 3rd week without another one.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Bender in at #4 in the rotation, Guidry in at #2. Hamels to LR. Drop Mike Garcia into the minors to make room on the expanded roster.

Thanks.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XIX, Week 23 Injury Report

Akabira Killer Mikes
Charlie Gehringer (2B) (Wellness Violation) - 12 days

Detroit Wolverines
Bill Donovan (SP) (Wellness Violation) - 14 days

Glastonbury Knights
Joe Wood (SP) (Wellness Violation) - 18 days

Mitchell Kernels
Paco Rodriguez (RP) (Wellness Violation) - 16 days

Rockford Losers
Frank Thomas (1B) (Wellness Violation) - 14 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Babe Ruth (OF) (Wellness Violation) - 14 days

South Dakota Marmosets
Mickey Mantle (OF) (Wellness Violation) - 13 days

Pick 'em: GRUMBLE!

Unification Series
Generics unify vs. both retain. vs. @ Zephyrs unify

Larkin-Downing and Hardcore Championships
South Dakota Marmosets (c) @ Slaughterhouse Nine

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Unification Series

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Wow, the Mikes really are going to win this.

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
pickem
nine take, others retain

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League VII, Week 22: Tactical Mistakes Activated

Games of the Weak

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

Old Pooh Musial was bored one day, at the Hundred Acre Glacier. And so he thought, as he would sometimes do, that he would go visit Berkpiglet at his house. Walking on the cold glacier ice that would not unfreeze even in the summer, Pooh Musial thought also that he would try to see if wise Hooks Owlse would be at home. You see, Old Pooh Musial was a werebear of very little brain, mostly stuffing and worn stitches holding his cotton insides together. Once he had an idea, he would see it to the end. Skipping on the hard crystal ice, leaving paw prints in the fresh snow, he was hoping to see Berkpiglet first and then go visit all his other friends, like Owlse and Tinno and Kanga Booyer and Chuck Knoblauch.

To his surprise, Berkpiglet was not inside his home, and no matter how he looked, he did no find him. "Oh, bother, he must be out too." As he closed the open door, he saw a note: "at bal feeld -- berkpiglet". "Oh, that is where he must be!" and Pooh hurried there.

At the bal feeld, he saw all his friends. Tricksy Hooks Owlse was on the pitching mound, chatting with everyone's friend, JR Leap. She was not like the other residents of Hundred Acre Glacier, being a tall person who spoke with words that Old Pooh did not understand, like "relegation" and "world domination" and "lefty platoon advantage." She must be very smart!

"Hallo!" said Pooh.
"You're not English why are you saying that." JR Leap said that through clenched teeth, but even as her best friend in all the Glacier, Old Pooh was sure that tone was her way of being friendly.
"I've been thinking" said Old Pooh, "and what I've been thinking is this. I've been thinking about the Jobbers."
"Yeah, they're scumbags, let's try to take the divisional lead from them." JR Leap smiled in that way that made all the animals of the Glacier run away from her. But not Pooh Bear!
Pooh was not sure what she meant, but it sounded like fun. "That is a grand idea. So let us play a game of basbal!"

And so it was that the game got under way, where the Jobbers went to bat.

"Now, this is indeed splendid. Very splendid." Hooks Owlse looked thoughtfully at the lineup card. It was upside down, of course, but no matter. He placed it back down where he found it, and started throwing pitches at the Jobbers.
"This strikeout reminds of that time my uncle Wilhelm got caught up in that storm and lost all his tail feathers!" Cecil Travis, confused as to what this story had to do with baseball, or anything at all, went down on strikes.
"And this one time when aunt Daisy had her talons painted that nasty pink! Oh, the town was abuzz for weeks!" Riggs Stephenson caught himself short on his swing and popped out trying to figure out what was going on.
"Yes, yes," continued Owlse to no one but maybe to Ernie Lombardi, "when cousin Violetta had that rash from regurgitating owl pellets all day, oh my what a mess!" On principle, Lombardi popped out to Knoblauch, who was dead inside having heard this prattle all season long.
"Oh! Is that all the batters?" Owlse was pleased. "Now, now it is only the first inning and I have oh so many stories about my relations to tell, do be polite and listen."

The anguished screams from the Jobber's dugout filled JR Leap with delight. Old Pooh clapped for her. That is what friends are for!

And so the game went, with Owlse tossing his ball without a care in the world, and the Jobbers for some reason not wanting to hit it properly. "Maybe they are scared. Of being impolite to hit it," thought Old Pooh. "Look, they are holding their ears and not the bat." That did not look like a good way to try to bat. Not at all.

"Berkpiglet, could you show our guests how to bat?"
"I--I--I guess I could." Berkpiglet was nervous. He picked up the bat, and it was thrice his size.
"If you hit a 'dinzer', I will write a poem about you!" Old Pooh encouraged from the dugout.
"Oh. Oh. Oh dear." Knoblauch was on first and watched the exchange with the blank stare of a man who did not belong here but was trapped. Berkpiglet swung with all his might. And maybe it was the magic of Old Pooh's words or his encouragement or the secret pig growth hormone JR Leap snuck into the cakes that Berkpiglet baked, but it was a dinzer! He scurried around the bases.

"Now, it is my turn." Old Pooh waddled up to the plate. He waved to Tinno, bouncing on his tail on second. He waved to Kanga Booyer on first, hopping on the bag in anticipation. Mel Stotle...Stotttle...Statlema...the Jobber's pitcher could not decide what to do with Old Pooh. Pooh's teammates were very confusing and Old Pooh the most confusing. One pitch. Two pitches. Third pitch and Old Pooh was like a spring pushed down too hard that was let go.
Bang!
The ball went into the air. Old Pooh had hit a dinzer of his own! He walked very carefully around the bases, making sure to tag each one because he often lost count. He got to the home plate and looked at the scoreboard.
"That's a big number."
"Yes, that's a '9'." JR Leap cut short Old Pooh's counting on his fingers, since he would restart after forgetting what came after "4".
"And that is a two!"
"Yes, that means the Jobbers lost again. And we win and move one step towards vanquishing them entirely." JR Leap started laughing and laughing and laughing. Oh, how she laughed!

Armitage came out of the dugout. "Woe is me. After so many seasons in the Super League, look at where I am now."
JR Leap stopped laughing. "No, go away. You can be gloomy when I have seized the lead and I toss your corpse into the slaughterhouse of the Gauntlet."
"But I still have the lead."
"Yes, infuriatingly."
"I see."
"Are you done?"
Armitage brightened. "At least we haven't had an earthquake lately. Or Jeurys Familia being disemboweled."
"Pardon me!" Owlse fluttered up to the pair. "My good and distant cousin Friendly Pete sent me a telegram!" Owlse opened it with care and read: "I HAVE SLICED HIS TENDONS STOP JEURYS FAMILIA ON STRETCHER STOP SENDS BEST WISHES AND PRAYS FOR DEATH STOP"
"Oh silly werebear!"

NOTES TO MOCK YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

- Taking the series 2-1, the Werebears lost ground because they lost the series to the Agenda. Oh Pooh!

- I couldn't write Hal Brown into the story because are you kidding me.

- Harry Heilmann got three hits. Too bad almost no one joined him on base.

- Dick Groat is not a Disney friendly name.

- Jorge Posada: not a Werebear hero.

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

NEW HOSS' CYBORG BODY NO MATCH FOR DUSTY BAKER

The Wawel - Having long since shrugged his shoulders that this season is a lost cause and that his team will have to face the Reapers the Gauntlet in a desperate bid to stay alive, Shepard has largely been letting his team do what it wants the last few weeks. Might as well enjoy the party while they can, in case they don't come back from The Gauntlet.

That's how the Base Cloggers arrived at The Wawel a bit earlier than usual--in time for Dusty Baker to see New Hoss Radbourn, today's scheduled starter, warming up in the bullpen. The bullpen catcher was wearing a hazmat suit, but Dusty just sorta wandered in, chewing his toothpick as usual.

"Gee," he said, pulling absentmindedly at his wristband. "I've never seen a cyborg pitcher before. How's that work?"

New Hoss paused from his warmups and turned to face Baker, his red eyes glowing in the dusk. "Better than you can believe, mortal man," he said, the steel-wire hairs of his moustache bristling.

"I can believe a lot of things," said Dusty, spitting. "I saw Barry Bonds hit 73 home runs kind of effortlessly once. I saw an unremarkable first baseman save my son's life. I saw Barry and Jeff Kent combine to make Pedro Feliz look like a legitimate major league hitter for several seasons. So try me."

New Hoss flared his nostrils, toxic gas pluming out of his nose. "Fine," he said. He wound up and fired at the bullpen catcher, leaving the catcher's mitt smoldering.

Dusty shrugged. "Radar gun says 101. I've seen 101 before. Y'know I used to manage Chapman."

"I am still warming up, fleshbag," said Radbourn.

"Course 'ya are," said Baker. "Y'know I used to have a pitcher, Mike Remlinger. Never had to warm up. Could just look at him and say 'Mike, time to pitch,' and he'd be in the game lickity split. Funny that a cyborg can't do that. Guess there's some things you can only do with flesh and blood."

He tugged on his wristband and began to walk away.

"I NEED NO WARMUPS," boomed Radbourn. He reared back and fired a strike at the bullpen catcher, punching right through the glove and fusing the soft flesh of the catcher's hand to the smoldering wreckage of the leather. He screamed in agony and ran off to find the trainer.

Dusty shrugged yet again. "104 with late explosive movement's pretty good, I guess. But that thing was straight as an arrow. I've seen Bonds. I know he'd turn that around. Neat trick, mechanical man, but nothing an old baseball dog like me ain't seen before." Again, he turned around.

"WAIT. Radbourn's digitally enhanced voice boomed, heard throughout the stadium. "I SHALL DELIVER ANOTHER PITCH. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE SEEN ITS LIKE.

"Pfft," said Dusty, exhaling. "You don't even have a catcher. And throwing at a wall ain't special. Growin' up, ol' Treetops McGee used to throw at a fence for hours. Said he had all sorts of tricks. But we ain't ever seen 'em because without a catcher it didn't matter."

Radbourn nodded. He cast about the bullpen, looking for a catcher. His baleful gaze settled on Trevor Hoffman, raiding the bullpen candy bag.

"HOFF-MAN," said Radbourn. "YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SERVE."

Hoffman looked up, a Twizzler dangling from his mouth. "Uh...whatcha need, Hoss?"

"YOU WILL CATCH THE UR-PITCH. KNEEL.

Radbourn placed his giant hand on Hoffman's head, smoke venting from his palm and singing the closer's hair. He was forced down into a catcher's squat. "STAY.

Radbourn rocked back, opening the vent to his radioactive core, spilling some of the radioactive gas onto the baseball.

He keened, a horrifying wail eminating from the deep mechanical works of his chest, echoing all throughout The Wawel, and Poland at large.

He followed through, the ball a greenish-white blur. It traveled so quickly to Hoffman that you almost would've thought Hoffman always had the baseball and there was no pitch in the first place.

Of course, that thought would've quickly been dispelled once you noticed that the ball had penetrated Hoffman's glove, arm, and chest, and eventually buried itself in the lead-lined bullpen wall, constructed for such an eventuality. Hoffman keeled over, apparently dead.

"Not bad!" said Dusty. "120 miles per hour! I'm impressed, cyborg!" He chewed his toothpick more quickly. "Cyborg?"

But Radbourn didn't respond. He'd used the last of his life to power that fastball, proving that cyborg pitchers are better and more capable of pitching than mortal men. He was silent, and it'd take the Dragons at least a full offseason to assemble enough radioactive material to re-power him.

Dusty sighed. "The good ones never last. Is it me, I wonder?"

He walked off to set the lineup card.

GAME NOTES

- Radbourn's replacement did pretty well! Just not pretty well enough!

- Tris Speaker's surging. I wonder if he'll get to .300 by year's end.

- RIP Hoffman and Radbourn. Here's hoping their deaths don't mean the death of the Dragons.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

NICE!!!

Analysis

This team isn't even that good.

Analysis

It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether you have Ichiro.

Analysis

Nice.

Analysis

Speaker can't be stopped!

Analysis

The Felix That Failed

Analysis

That looks like a lot of teams that you can beat.

Analysis

Blighted beyond recognition.

Analysis

To answer your question, no, that was not your last series against the Agenda.

Analysis

You should try to win 24 games in a row. That would help.

Analysis

The injury is a setback, but it only affects 20% of your games, and the schedule is still in your favor.

Analysis

I've done all that I can. The rest is up to you.

Analysis

That is a lot of .270 in your lineup. Huh.

Analysis

Some wins!

Analysis

Are the Superstars good now? It's more likely than you think.

Analysis

Analysis

Hey look, a dead cat bounce. No wait poo poo. That's not what I meant. I

Analysis

All you need to do is have a better team, and then you'll take this division. You can do it.

Standings

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

So umm all these pitching injuries right after I trade a bunch of starters. nifty!

Sliders
Short rest to +3
High pitch counts to -3

Anyways

Marichal and Shocker to the DL. Remove Eckersley from the DL
Call up Capps and assign him as long relief(Yeah yeah I know), move Cicotte into the rotation
Reinstate Williams(LF) and Trammel(SS) as starters vs LHP
Clear all Personal Catcher Designations
this week we’re going to a 4 MAN ROTATION, give Old Hoss the next start and make order:

1)Smokey Joe Wood
2)Old Hoss Radborn
3)George Winter
4)Eddie Cicotte
Mopup: Eckersley I guess? (yes he’s hurt but I don’t exactly have options)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

That was a smasher-tier update kw0134.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I hope the Werebears survive just so I can get more Hundred Acre Wood stuff. I really enjoyed that.

Just gonna improve (???) my defense a little bit.

1.) Foxx to 1B, Pujols to LF, Hafey to DH. Batting order remains unchanged; just changing defensive positioning.
2.) Release Don Mattingly. I told him to shave those sideburns (but mostly I don't want an ancient Mattingly being inexplicably brought in as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter with roster expansion.)
3.) Release Rick Honeycutt and John Candelaria. loving AI seems desperate to use LHP relievers despite the fact my home park is designed to be death to lefties.

Thanks!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 22, 2016

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Eliminated from playoff contention :(

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

FairGame posted:

2.) Release Don Mattingly. I told him to shave those sideburns (but mostly I don't want an ancient Mattingly being inexplicably brought in as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter with roster expansion.)
3.) Release Rick Honeycutt and John Candelaria. loving AI seems desperate to use LHP relievers despite the fact my home park is designed to be death to lefties.

Huh, that's weird. Why would you need to release people, just put them in the mino-

...oh.

...oh my.

...I completely forgot about this. This is going to be interesting.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Unification Series

EDIT:

Winning would be nice, though.

Martinez in for McGraw; Foxx will just have to suck it up and be tired for a week.

Swap Neftali Feliz out for my new closer, the immortal RHEAL CORMIER

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 22, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Huh, that's weird. Why would you need to release people, just put them in the mino-

...oh.

...oh my.

...I completely forgot about this. This is going to be interesting.

Just a reminder that if you release too many people, mogul auto-populates your roster with computer-generated scrubs. Sometimes this results in greatness (Denny Rainwater, Todhunter), but usually it's sub-replacement level players mogul can't wait to inject into your bullpen and ruin your day.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-League XIX, Week 23 Injury Report

South Bolton Eazy W's
Babe Ruth (OF) (Wellness Violation) - 14 days

Oh come the gently caress on!!!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Zephyrs unify, chaos reigns, Tupac lives, Marmosets retain

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Champs retain

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Surely the Janus can't gently caress up a 7-game lead in 4 weeks, right? :ohdear:

- bring up Ken Holtzman and Wilbur Wood for Eppa Rixey and that super old Roy Halladay

Pitching
Jacob deGrom
Eddie Plank (still next starter)
Nolan Ryan
Tom Seaver
King Felix

MR Prince Felix

vs RHP: Thomas back in for The Babe

vs LHP: have Giancarlo Stanton DH instead of Old Manny

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Myer to AAA; Cano to 2B; Mussina to DL; Jackson to SP5.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Analysis

This team isn't even that good.

Rude!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shepard you're upping your start on short rest and going to a 4 man rotation?? I admire your dedication to the Dusty Baker gimmick.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

:siren:Bill Bernhard to SP 4:siren:
Vic Willis to Middle Relief
Hoyt Wilhelm to Long Relief

Set Bill Bernhard to next pitcher up

edit: I just realized I have the bottom half of my rotation going against the Janus to start the week and made some changes accordingly.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 23, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
oh god I forgot to release my single left handed bullpen piece in Thornton Lee.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

rabidsquid posted:

Shepard you're upping your start on short rest and going to a 4 man rotation?? I admire your dedication to the Dusty Baker gimmick.

Dusty gonna dusty

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Well, at least I fell to .500 in the nicest of ways. Now if I can convince this roster that the Gauntlet is just April again...

All champs retain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In light of my roster post making no sense please just swap Bernhard and Vic Willis and ignore everything else. Being sick is apparently making me stupid today.

edit:

Champs retain

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yay, people liked my Milne ripoff.

Everyone retains their respective titles.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

With no matchups against left handed starters for awhile, let's set this as my vs. RHP lineup, no-DH!

vs. RHP (no-DH)
1. 2B Buddy Myer
2. SS Arky Vaughan
3. CF Joe DiMaggio
4. C Bill Dickey
5. 1B Jimmie Foxx
6. RF Harry Heilmann
7. LF Babe Herman
8. 3B George Kell
9. Pitcher

Also, put Ernie Lombardi back in as Don Sutton's personal catcher so Dickey can get a day or two off from time to time.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Should the Space Fish end up in the Gauntlet, they will be looking to trade a very good RH corner outfielder (Pujols, Manny, Aaron) in exchange for bullpen help.

Those of you who have great bullpenning or are in the EC and have a modern team (Supernovas, I am looking in your direction), please keep that in mind.

In other news, the EC update will likely not happen "today" but rather "the wee hours of tomorrow morning."

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

FairGame posted:

corner outfielder (Pujols

:crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

pujols is pretty good in LF. Poor range so he's a bit stadium dependent, sure, but he's certainly good enough to start there