Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/745724269116661760

Nothing screams younger and more athletic like acquiring Robin Lopez and Jose Calderon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Also I hope this trade means that the Raptors can beat the Bulls next year

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Why the hell would they waive Wroten? Who's the backup now? Guess we're riding the Langston Galloway/Sasha Vujacic train to hell.

Chill out dude we haven't even gone through the draft much less free agent season.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Kibner posted:

Dang, sucks that NOLA didn't offer what you wanted/needed to stay. :(

Best of luck in LA!

NOLA rules and I'll be coming back here to visit all the time. I just got a way better job in SoCal and my girlfriend and brother live out there.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The only person outside of this thread who's asking "Why the hell would they waive Wroten?" is Tony Wroten

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/745704267898454016

Makes u think

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I don't understand the Rose trade. What does either team hope to get out of it? Do the Knicks think that they're much better than they actually are?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Frees up cap space so they can give Dwight the max

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

The Illuminati In Hollywood: Learn the truth about the world's most infamous secret society. See through the rumors and half truths. Turn off the TV, get off the Internet, and read a book! Order Now

Ho boy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hand Knit posted:

I don't understand the Rose trade. What does either team hope to get out of it? Do the Knicks think that they're much better than they actually are?

Phil Jackson bought in on all those people saying 'Derrick Rose is back!'

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

what about the troops tho???

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Hand Knit posted:

Worst case scenario for the Knicks is they clear a bunch of cap space for next year, and the PG free agent crop is really weak this year. The only problem with the trade on their end is that a one dimensional scorer who can't play off ball seems...suboptimal next to Melo

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Hand Knit posted:

Bulls get rid of a guy who had a negative VORP and a 27% usage percentage (aka a 'Kobe') for a very passable 28 year old Center with a lot of side-show-Bob cross promotion possibility.

For real though I live in Illinois and would have been shocked if they didn't move him. There's too much harsh feelings and dislike for his bad production. It was basically just who would give them the most.

Knicks get... i guess the 1% chance that DRose becomes a thing again? And they dumped a lot of dollars (assuming they don't do something stupid like extend DRose, which they probably will).

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

drat I guess Justin Holiday is part of the deal too. I actually kind of liked him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Do Knicks posters think this is a precursor to more Porzingis at the 5, or will they go after a center in free agency to replace RoLo?

(it's definitely the latter and it will definitely be Dwight, right?)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Question: What teams actually have the money to offer a $20+ mil contract?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Terry Glenn posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/745696405860270081

here's the news, the views belong to you my friends

Jack's Flow posted:

"Quick, JR Smith is lifting a child while standing on a moving car. He's also not wearing a shirt. We gotta trade Rose NOW!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgukXPbGS1I

RoLo isn't anything special but at least the Chicago news media will finally stop lying about Rose.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

This is Melo's revenge for Rose not coming out to have lunch with him. Now ya going to be forced to have lunch for the whole year motherfucker

The countdown until Reggie Rose starts a dumb feud with Carmelo has begun.

Gordon Hayward ran 203.2 miles last season on the court (trailing only CJ McCollum @ 205.6 miles or nearly eight marathons). Utah treated him like a cheap rental car.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rudy Gay for Hayward. Go all in on veterans for a playoff push

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

If banned I'm suing for discrimination

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

mistermojo posted:

One phrase stuck with him: “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” Love started writing it on his shoes as a way to remind himself to loosen up — to not judge his performances on the statistics he was recording (which weren’t even close to his career numbers), but rather by the effort and energy he gave for tasks like rebounding and defense.

“I had just ordered a shirt from a company in Akron with that Jobs quote,” Love said. “And then [LeBron] played that [speech] like two days later. I came up to him and was like, ‘It’s so crazy you played that with all the chaos that was going on with our team, being hungry, but being down in the series.”

So CLE was a great 3P team and quotes Steve Jobs. All the narratives are crumbling to pieces.

Libertine posted:

I really thought that the era of judgmental old white dude hot takes on black athletes personalities had come to an end, but here we are with two piping hot piles of bullshit.

:lol: if you think the pathological fixation and obsession with race and skin complexion is ever going away. It's pandemic to every culture in every time since recorded history and probably time immemorial. Fast forward a few thousand years and the same dynamics will be present.

Tae posted:

Makes sense, otherwise why the gently caress would you want Gasol back? He's awful now, especially at whatever price he'll get this offseason.

There's a queer contingent last year that thinks Gasol was trash. He was their #2 guy behind Butler. If Gasol leaves the Bulls are one Butler injury away from being one of the leagues worst.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Zogo posted:

There's a queer contingent last year that thinks Gasol was trash. He was their #2 guy behind Butler. If Gasol leaves the Bulls are one Butler injury away from being one of the leagues worst.

Gar Forman told me this was a championship roster that just needed a new coach.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

chunkles posted:

Question: What teams actually have the money to offer a $20+ mil contract?

Half the league

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I forgot all about motherfuckin Dark Mice. I need to go tell him to suck my rear end some more

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Thank you. I had blanked out on the cap increase for some reason

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

EvanTH posted:

Hell I probably got all kinds of old ideas I don't know about. A week or two ago a girl in a bar became quite angry and stopped speaking to me because I told her I believed women are like normal people only smaller. As far as I'm aware this is true?

I mean, implying that men are the normal baseline for comparison isn't a good look bro.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

xbilkis posted:

Do Knicks posters think this is a precursor to more Porzingis at the 5, or will they go after a center in free agency to replace RoLo?

(it's definitely the latter and it will definitely be Dwight, right?)

I will have to wait to see how many pounds of pure muscle King Zing puts on during the offseason. He didn't have the strength to guard the 5 yet last season.

Noctone posted:

I mean, implying that men are the normal baseline for comparison isn't a good look bro.

haha thank goodness there is someone to explain this to me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Have you ever heard ESPN types and sports announcers, any kind of sports personality really, try to comment on politics? They generally sound uninformed and ignorant and bumperstickerish. Goes both ways. Hell I probably got all kinds of old ideas I don't know about. A week or two ago a girl in a bar became quite angry and stopped speaking to me because I told her I believed women are like normal people only smaller. As far as I'm aware this is true?

Bruh that phrasing is awful and makes you sound lovely if true

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Strawberry Panda posted:

NOLA rules and I'll be coming back here to visit all the time. I just got a way better job in SoCal and my girlfriend and brother live out there.

Moving closer to SOs and good family is always a good thing. Glad to hear you did enjoy your time down here. :3:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Noctone posted:

I had a laugh at that post.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

dokmo posted:

Chill out dude we haven't even gone through the draft much less free agent season.

Well the Knicks have no draft picks and no real tradable assets. We have cap space but the last thing we should be doing is signing a Demar Derozan and dooming ourselves to mediocrity forever.

This isn't so much about Wroten, he wasn't particularly good or anything, than it is about the lack of talent on the roster and the bizarre trade for Rose. My concerns are acquiesced a bit if it's a one year rental but I'm worried they're going to give him a new contract.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm arguing with friends on Facebook who are crushed that D Rose got traded, they all think he's still an all-star caliber player, and they think the Bulls completely hosed up their team.

Just a casual reminder about how this is literally the only rational discussion space for the NBA on the Internet.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
A big upshot is the potential for really funny Derrick Rose stories and interviews thanks to the New York media. He's gonna say something silly in record time

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Libertine posted:

I'm arguing with friends on Facebook who are crushed that D Rose got traded, they all think he's still an all-star caliber player, and they think the Bulls completely hosed up their team.

Just a casual reminder about how this is literally the only rational discussion space for the NBA on the Internet.

I mean they did gently caress up the team when they fired thibs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

A big upshot is the potential for really funny Derrick Rose stories and interviews thanks to the New York media. He's gonna say something silly in record time

I didn't think Derrick Rose could talk

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

I didn't think Derrick Rose could talk

When the Knicks win the championship, he's gonna get draped with a sex belt

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Is the Olympics going to be fun at least y/n?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Ostentatious posted:

without all of Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Klay, Durant, LeBron, and Green on the same team: maybe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ostentatious posted:

Well, at the torch ceremony today, they had to kill a jaguar

“We made a mistake in permitting the Olympic torch, a symbol of peace and unity, to be exhibited alongside a chained wild animal. This image goes against our beliefs and our values,” the local organizing committee Rio 2016 said in a statement to Reuters. "We guarantee that there will be no more such incidents at Rio 2016.”

so it's probably going to be hell on earth

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Ostentatious posted:

Kawhi Leonard is going to pull a quad double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ostentatious posted:

The olympics are gonna be fun and amazing, just not for the usual reasons this year.

• Locked thread