Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

Is the Olympics going to be fun at least y/n?

DeMarcus Cousins, Olympian

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

My take: Jerian Grant loving sucks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Small headed NBA scions will fill the second round in 18 years.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Small headed NBA scions will fill the second round in 18 years.

I look forward to the NBA as envisioned by kai's power goo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess 19 years considering gestation.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

Is the Olympics going to be fun at least y/n?

BOOGIE

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hawks are reportedly trying to package the 12th and 21st pick according to Marc Stein

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It sounds like Taj will be traded. Toronto would make a ton of sense for him but 9 is too high a pick for him. Wonder if maybe a Taj + 14th pick for the 9th would work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hawks are reportedly trying to package the 12th and 21st pick according to Marc Stein

Are they going for Dunn?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

McLemore and #8 if all the guards are gone plz. Of course if all the guards are gone would they bother

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Sup Lake fans? I'm moving to LA now so now I'm one of you! So what should I be expecting from the ol' Purple n' Gold this offseason?

LA is cool but don't root for the lakers that's gross

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

It sounds like Taj will be traded. Toronto would make a ton of sense for him but 9 is too high a pick for him. Wonder if maybe a Taj + 14th pick for the 9th would work.

Moving up five spots in this draft is a pretty dismal fuckin return for Taj Gibson mate

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress everything, gently caress worthless-rear end jerian grant, gently caress derrick rose's busted knee ligaments, gently caress everyone i hate the bulls

one day you'll see, derrick rose will be Back, he will be Back my friends, borne upon a chariot through the arena, dunking on whatever sweaty eastern europeans foolish enough to stand in his path, the Back Path, and he will have Learned a Jumper, and then, only then, can derrick rose, and his teammates who, learning from being near the one who is Back, become imbued with mystical gifts of levitation and mindfulness and good pick and roll defense, the national basketball association trembling in the presence of the Back one with so many knee ligaments, an excess of them growing from his body like appendages, each of them capable of sweet crossover moves and also in this scenario derrick rose plays defense, one day you will see, those of you apostates who see him as so much basketball detritus like a tyrus thomas or a dragan tarlac, you will see and you will know when he is Back for good but it will be TOO LATE FOR YOU AND YOUR PUNY TEAMS TURNED TO SO MANY KARL MALONES BEFORE HIM WHO IS BACK

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah he couldn't even wrestle away backup minutes. The real blow is losing RoLo which means smallball bigmen for the foreseeable future

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Moving up five spots in this draft is a pretty dismal fuckin return for Taj Gibson mate

You're probably right. I guess George Hill in the final year of a deal just got traded for a lottery pick. Taj is probably worth a mid-1st at this point with that market (especially since his cap number is so low). Not sure what kind of deal the Bulls and Raptors could work out but Taj would be such an amazing fit on that Raptors team.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah but he's related to someone in the Bulls front office and that is what really matters.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress everything, gently caress worthless-rear end jerian grant, gently caress derrick rose's busted knee ligaments, gently caress everyone i hate the bulls

one day you'll see, derrick rose will be Back, he will be Back my friends, borne upon a chariot through the arena, dunking on whatever sweaty eastern europeans foolish enough to stand in his path, the Back Path, and he will have Learned a Jumper, and then, only then, can derrick rose, and his teammates who, learning from being near the one who is Back, become imbued with mystical gifts of levitation and mindfulness and good pick and roll defense, the national basketball association trembling in the presence of the Back one with so many knee ligaments, an excess of them growing from his body like appendages, each of them capable of sweet crossover moves and also in this scenario derrick rose plays defense, one day you will see, those of you apostates who see him as so much basketball detritus like a tyrus thomas or a dragan tarlac, you will see and you will know when he is Back for good but it will be TOO LATE FOR YOU AND YOUR PUNY TEAMS TURNED TO SO MANY KARL MALONES BEFORE HIM WHO IS BACK

*Tears a ligament while half heartedly driving to the basket*

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

At least you can take solace that the Bulls still have the greatest team of all time

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Niwrad posted:

You're probably right. I guess George Hill in the final year of a deal just got traded for a lottery pick. Taj is probably worth a mid-1st at this point with that market (especially since his cap number is so low).

Taj would be great for Boston but Boston is still loving the "No. 3 + Jae Crowder for an All-Star" chicken

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Olympics kick rear end.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Emanuel Collective posted:

Taj would be great for Boston but Boston is still loving the "No. 3 + Jae Crowder for an All-Star" chicken

Taj for 16? This draft is kind of weak but they'd probably be able to nab Valentine or Baldwin with the pick. Boston is going to have to trade some of their picks I imagine.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DON'T TRADE TAJ HE IS THE ONLY BIG ON THE ROSTER CAPABLE OF PLAYING DEFENSE ARE WE REALLY RELYING ON CRITIANO FELICIO AH I HATE THIS TEAM

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bulls are in a pretty lovely spot where they need to consolidate pieces for a solid second banana to Butler, but also all of their young players suck and their future picks will be mediocre.

Like, my first instinct is to say "why would you want to bring in two rookies to a team that just committed to a retool," but I guess they could use all the lottery tickets they can get right now because McDermott/Snell have 0 value and Mirotic and Portis are questionable at best. Engage full Morey mode

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at this deadspin article http://deadspin.com/shut-up-joe-lacob-1782461030?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
here is one highlight

Lacob even said losing a leader like assistant coach Luke Walton is good for the team. Last month, Walton accepted a head coach position for the Los Angeles Lakers. “I love that we lose our assistant coach to a head coach position,” Lacob said. “That does great things for our legacy.”

edit:
https://twitter.com/TheMightyEROCK/status/745714165277405184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Sir_Charles posted:

DeMarcus Cousins, Olympian

yes

When is the 12 man roster announced? Looking at the thirty man camp roster and list of confirmed withdrawals I'd go with (assuming Lebron doesn't want to go):

G Kyrie Irving
G Klay Thompson
F Kawhi Leonard
F Kevin Durant
C DeMarcus Cousins

G Jimmy Butler
G Damian Lillard
G/F Gordon Hayward
F Paul George
F Draymond Green
F Carmelo Anthony
C DeAndre Jordan

The thought of a Warriorsesque death line-up with Durant and Green running 4-5 pick and rolls on Venezuelan nobodies is making me so hard I should seek medical attention. Only real concern for them would have been matching up against Spain with Marc Gasol and Ibaka, but now that looks highly unlikely they should just cruise with only two true big men.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm happy Rose went to a city with better media than Chicago.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Gar Foreman said that it was important to bring in Calderon because he's close with Pau. Jesus Christ blow up this podunk front office

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

The thought of a Warriorsesque death line-up with Durant and Green running 4-5 pick and rolls on Venezuelan nobodies is making me so hard I should seek medical attention. Only real concern for them would have been matching up against Spain with Marc Gasol and Ibaka, but now that looks highly unlikely they should just cruise with only two true big men.

I have some good news op Ibaka is 55 years of age and probably shouldn't be someone to worry about

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

DON'T TRADE TAJ HE IS THE ONLY BIG ON THE ROSTER CAPABLE OF PLAYING DEFENSE ARE WE REALLY RELYING ON CRITIANO FELICIO AH I HATE THIS TEAM

He's gone after this next season and I think getting something for him would be smart.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gar Foreman said that it was important to bring in Calderon because he's close with Pau. Jesus Christ blow up this podunk front office

Wait are they actually considering bringing back Pau? :lol:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

He's gone after this next season and I think getting something for him would be smart.

i know, it just sucks that i started the year thinking we were one Back Rose away from being able to lose to the Cavs in the ECF to just blowing up every single dude i liked from the last era of competitive ball and i can't watch soft-rear end hoiball bullshit for a whole year with a bunch of dipshits who can't play defense except for Jimmy and Hard Man Critiano Felicio.

The one that is killing me more than anything is Noah because jesus loving christ, Noah is the coolest Bull since Pippen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow that is bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:laffo:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

que lastima

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Niwrad posted:

Wait are they actually considering bringing back Pau? :lol:

Normally I'd say Gar is just being diplomatic instead of saying "we had no choice to bring him in to make the trade happen." But this is Gar Foreman, the man who wouldn't trade Pau mid-season to the Kings for a lottery pick and has insisted that re-signing Pau is a top priority

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Reminder that Gar Forman wanted to hire Mike Brown in 2010 instead of Tom Thibodeau but was overruled by Jerry Reinsdorf. This was the same GM who wanted to chase Lebron that Summer and somehow thought bringing Mike Brown in would increase their chances.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I did a Twitter search to see if this was true and the video clip where he actually says this incredibly dumb thing opens with him saying "We feel we need to get younger, we need to get more athletic..." :shepicide:

I am going to tell myself he was just talking about how Calderon is The Type Of High Character Guy Who Would Be Friends With Pau Gasol, Notorious Good Man. If this front office is going to do something mind-numbingly idiotic this offseason, it's going to be maxing out Harrison Barnes, dammit!

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Niwrad posted:

Reminder that Gar Forman wanted to hire Mike Brown in 2010 instead of Tom Thibodeau but was overruled by Jerry Reinsdorf. This was the same GM who wanted to chase Lebron that Summer and somehow thought bringing Mike Brown in would increase their chances.

also overrode Thibs & practically every member of the team's scouting staff to draft Marquis Teague instead of Draymond Green largely to show Thibs who was boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

What did I do to deserve this dude running my favorite team in my favorite sport, please Father God tell me so I can change it and receive your basketball glory once again?

Was it defending Rose's MVP?
Slandering the Knicks at every opportunity?

Please what would it take to get this man shitcanned.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 23, 2016

• Locked thread