Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Spiderdrake posted:

Looking back at it after buying 3P combiners and Hasbro official combiners, FoC Bruticus is loving insane.

Find me a 3P company that can assemble a combiner with those kinds of restraints. Oh, no partsforming. Oh, scramble city. Oh, no voyager chest. The budget of a box of waffle cones, and plastic about as thick. Designs built after the goofy FoC stuff and it even kinda pulls it off! Most of the limbs are made out of panels that barely seem to want to be there.

And it'll actually stand and hold a pose even. The fact it doesn't fold in on itself and collapse at the pure absurdity of its existence is a triumph. FoC Bruticus is like someone being told to assemble hang glider out of old MASH VHS tapes, used mastic and games workshop glaze medium and then a couple days later you see them flying off into the sunset, screaming in endless horror at what they've done as they vanish over the horizon.

Your hang glider analogy is the best thing ever:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TFRazorsaw posted:

Roberts' writing a TF TV show would be 20 minutes of characters talking in a room and then three minutes of zoomed in close quarters combat that's ended by something happening out of the blue.

And we'd eat that poo poo right up

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Somebody would.

Kids? I doubt it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there an official master list of all announced Titans Return figures anywhere?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Is there an official master list of all announced Titans Return figures anywhere?

Good old TFWiki has your back.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Titans_Return#Titans_Return_.282016.E2.80.93.29

EDIT: Clearly we need a new Perceptor at some point soon.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 22, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Good old TFWiki has your back.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Titans_Return#Titans_Return_.282016.E2.80.93.29

EDIT: Clearly we need a new Perceptor at some point soon.

Awesome, just trying to see how much money I'm going to be throwing away through the end of the year.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
v. good issue of MtMtE this week, as Rhyno said it would be. Sad to see Skids die but I felt his arc had run its course, and having a character who could magic his way out of everything due to his superpower was always going to be a crutch that Roberts could turn back to time and again if he wrote himself into a corner. Elsewhere, Ratchet's revelation about Megatron's fuel was superbly well done, especially with the knowledge that Optimus basically saved him a worse punishment. Also, there's two panels towards the end when Deathsaurus, and in particular Nickel, look exceptionally dubious with regards Tarn's order to Deathy. And as for the cliffhanger, well, that's how you end an issue. I think this arc has certainly got a lot better after the missteps at the start.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I need the next issue so I can be either calmed down or much more upset.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The High Moon games were both great and so were the toys. Therefore, it follows that nothing ever referenced those games ever again.

Actually, a lot of the backstory from those -- the Thirteen, Solus Prime, the other Primes, etc etc -- has been bleeding into the IDW books for a few years now. It basically overwrote the existing IDW underpinnings and is frankly annoying as all hell.

We can probably thank the Prime universe bleeding in for "Megatron is reformed" on some level as well. IDW certainly never showed any sign of the bloody lunatic who cropped up in then-RID suddenly pulling a ~miraculous face turn~ until after Predacons Rising.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SpikeMcclane posted:

I need the next issue so I can be either calmed down or much more upset.

Saaaame. Haha I feel so bad for Deathsaurus. He is literally stuck in this weird Lando role with his team up there. Just all ::-(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Nice to have the question of if megatron's new turn is genuine or not finally resolved, but what I still really want to see and won't until end of this arc is getaway dead, especially after this issue.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

taichara posted:

Actually, a lot of the backstory from those -- the Thirteen, Solus Prime, the other Primes, etc etc -- has been bleeding into the IDW books for a few years now. It basically overwrote the existing IDW underpinnings and is frankly annoying as all hell.

We can probably thank the Prime universe bleeding in for "Megatron is reformed" on some level as well. IDW certainly never showed any sign of the bloody lunatic who cropped up in then-RID suddenly pulling a ~miraculous face turn~ until after Predacons Rising.

Wasn't it that miniseries that was originally supposed to be a Dreamwave joint? It actually made Megs interesting. Oddly enough around the same time there was a similar type of miniseries for a BSG antagonist that was also quite good.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Good Listener posted:

Saaaame. Haha I feel so bad for Deathsaurus. He is literally stuck in this weird Lando role with his team up there. Just all ::-(

Surely the CHOOM-CHOOM-CHOOM is Deathsaurus taking out those two shitheels who just used scores of his troops as cannon fodder? Hell, it wouldn't be a surprise if Nickle and Vos were involved too, Tarn's attitude has been revolting even by his already low standards.

I knew/feared what would push Megs into action but even so, it managed to be more brutally executed than expected. Hope Ratchet can work his magic... :ohdear:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Megatron shooting orange beams from his Fusion Cannon cements it. He's an Autobot, through and through.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sentinel Red posted:

Surely the CHOOM-CHOOM-CHOOM is Deathsaurus taking out those two shitheels who just used scores of his troops as cannon fodder? Hell, it wouldn't be a surprise if Nickle and Vos were involved too, Tarn's attitude has been revolting even by his already low standards.

I knew/feared what would push Megs into action but even so, it managed to be more brutally executed than expected. Hope Ratchet can work his magic... :ohdear:

Nickel's expression is particularly telling

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have we seen anyone else in MTMTE turn grey upon presumed death, outside of Skids and Rodimus's quantum doppelganger? Have we been being told this whole time that no, Beloved Character Who Died Tragically is actually ok, because they kept their paint job?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Most of the other deaths tended to fall under 'blown up with body parts flying apart in a thousand different directions/sliced in half/disassembled/sucked into a singularity', so I'm guessing the going grey thing is just when an otherwise intact chap shuts down completely..?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Basically I'm trying to figure out if they could dig Pipes out of that mudhole Overlord stomped him into

e: I guess Ambulon didn't grey out and he's almost certainly fully dead

Phy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 22, 2016

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Maybe it's because it was not a horrible battle wound that caused the death? Instead it was just horrific psychological trauma. I guess we just have to wait and see. And also go crazy for a month waiting.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
We didnt see those corpses after their initial injuries. Skids had been dead for a few minutes.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, I didn't expect that after that cliffhanger where everybody was going to die, everyone would die.

We'll see how much any of that sticks. It'll be interesting how all of this reads after the story arc is complete, as it is right now, it seems really weirdly paced. Roberts seems to be really bad with protracted fights being the focus of things, as opposed to just being something in the background that the main plot conversations cut away to.

Also, it looks like the running theme for this issue is flushing big important ideologies down the drain unceremoniously. I guess Megatron's newfound pacifism was mostly based in his fear that he wouldn't be able to fight well with the fool's energon? And for a moment as important like that, you'd think he wouldn't just go down like a chump in a few pages. Deathsaurus is a-ok with human wave tactics while the heavy-hitters who could actually put up a fight stay back where it's safe. Overlord apparently wasn't so keen on going toe-to-toe with Megatron despite that being his singular motivation for years, back before the Wreckers ever took him down. Chromedome also sure got over his last, final, ultimate oath to never poke into people's brains ever again, REAL QUICK and look, he's none the worse for it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did Chromedome actually do that though? Didn't he just say trigger words?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
And Megatron explained why he wasn't going to fight very carefully, I do not get these complaints.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess Megatron's newfound pacifism was mostly based in his fear that he wouldn't be able to fight well with the fool's energon?

That's not what he says, like, at all.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
One of the things I didn't like was that Megaton spells out why he doesn't want to fight. I thought it was pretty obvious from the rest of the arc but they spoonfed it to us anyway.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
James Roberts just announced on his twitter that issue 57 of MTMTE is the last issue "As it is now." It'll be followed by a Titan's Returns two parter and then season 3.

So... hmm...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

After that Habro and IDW are starting their Transformers-GI Joe-MASK-Micronauts-ROM-etc shared comic book universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really curious to see how they work Headmasters into the current state of the books.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Movie update:

Crosshairs is back. Let's hope the trenchcoat gimmick on the toys will be improved this time, as well as proper double uzis. And he still have the aviator goggles and tabi boots.

Vespa robot.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I'm not... I am not looking forward to the old Furman secret headmaster tech plotline being revived, like Barber loves playing with old continuity no one cares about and the Earth is right there, it just sounds boring.

As for mtmte... Maybe after this storyline the Lost Light quest is over? Maybe they do something else? who knows. Just kill Getaway. That's all I really want closure on.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
In the cartoon they just sort of took their heads off and had aliens and Daniel crawl in.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

He gives his whole speech about why he doesn't want to fight, how his fighting's done him and the world around him no favors, and if he starts up again,. he'll take to violence like a recovering alcoholic. Then Ratchet tells him about the fool's energon. Ravage dies, but it's not like Megatron didn't know that their lives were already at stake. The only thing that's changed for Megatron in the moments between his speech and him taking up arms is learning about the fool's energon. Really it reads like all it's saying is that pacifism is for losers and violence is great.

I wonder how NIghtbeat and Rung are doing down that plot device hole.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Oh, and Blackrock has paved the way for the heads not to be organics but cybertronian human facsimiles, so they don't even have to go out and travel to nebulos.

(gently caress the earth business and hasbros lovely mandates for selling toy gimmicks and thirteen primes, I'd like to see the robots interact more with weird aliens and travel more, make a plotline about it or something)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was also mention of Galvatron slaying the ancient Headmasters about a year or so ago.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

SlothfulCobra posted:

He gives his whole speech about why he doesn't want to fight, how his fighting's done him and the world around him no favors, and if he starts up again,. he'll take to violence like a recovering alcoholic. Then Ratchet tells him about the fool's energon. Ravage dies, but it's not like Megatron didn't know that their lives were already at stake. The only thing that's changed for Megatron in the moments between his speech and him taking up arms is learning about the fool's energon. Really it reads like all it's saying is that pacifism is for losers and violence is great.

It wasn't that it was very clearly that Megatron thought that he'd become a tyrant again and give into violence completely, thought his change was because the fool's energon mentally altered him. Learning that he had in fact held back and was capable of inflicting violence without it taking over his mind is why he made the change.

SirDan3k posted:

One of the things I didn't like was that Megaton spells out why he doesn't want to fight. I thought it was pretty obvious from the rest of the arc but they spoonfed it to us anyway.

even if it weren't causing confusion, I don't think it's bad writing to sometimes spell things out, and this wasn't just for the readers, Megatron needed to confide in someone with so much pressure on him to go into battle.

Rhyno posted:

There was also mention of Galvatron slaying the ancient Headmasters about a year or so ago.

oh
right
that
That just mean Barber has more continuity to play with. Could be a good way to actually involve nebulos, if that planet has the headmaster version of the Enigma of Combination (The Concept of Your Head is a Little Guy)

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Captain Rufus posted:

Wasn't it that miniseries that was originally supposed to be a Dreamwave joint? It actually made Megs interesting. Oddly enough around the same time there was a similar type of miniseries for a BSG antagonist that was also quite good.

Nah, I don't mean Megatron Origin; it's still stupid-easy to get from that to the lunatic seen in formerly-RID over the course of millions of years.

I mean how the books went from lunatic in the wastes forcing Aerialbots to be combiners (what) and engineering mindraping Prowl via Bombshell and forcing him into Devastator and generally working towards razing the reconstruction efforts on Cybertron to ... what we have in MTMTE. Somehow we're meant to ignore the violent psychopath, skate through the non-story of Dark Cybertron and then boom the trial and a face-turn. It was and is both naff and suspiciously timed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Acne Rain posted:

oh
right
that
That just mean Barber has more continuity to play with. Could be a good way to actually involve nebulos, if that planet has the headmaster version of the Enigma of Combination (The Concept of Your Head is a Little Guy)

We've already seen them as well, Thunderclash laid waste to the planet in Devastation.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Acne Rain posted:

That's all I really want closure on.

I think he'll get away with it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Boo, Blackheart, booooooo!

Perhaps S3 will involve Megatron taking command of Deathsaurus and his guys, and whoever survives from Rodimus' gang, and resuming the search for the Knights, leading to an ultimate showdown with Getaway and the Lost Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SlothfulCobra posted:

Ravage is still alive. I think season 3 will be this group and whoever is still alive on that planet chasing down the Lost Light