Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ryan's still wants to be president so please god let his stupid rear end create the optics of having Rep. Lewis , and others removed from the house floor in handcuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Ryan wanted to be speaker.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Sir Tonk posted:

It's also distracting from THE PIVOT.

This should have been the cherry on top for Trump. Ryan could have put the issue to bed by letting it fail, called a press conference, and called out the Democrats for being overly emotional and trying to pass unconstitutional bills because their emotions are running high, and the Republicans would have looked like the stable, reliable guys today. He would have gone home a winner, instead of having to deal with all this poo poo that was easily avoidable.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dexo posted:

Ryan's still wants to be president so please god let his stupid rear end create the optics of having Rep. Lewis , and others removed from the house floor in handcuffs.

Capitol police are still there in plain clothes?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

Very important to remember: Paul Ryan doesn't give a gently caress about this or winning the news cycle.

What Paul Ryan gives a gently caress about is passing the Ryan Budget as Speaker. The House has not passed a budget this year. He's fighting the HFC on whether to fund it at $1.04T or $1T.

The "Screw The Poor" and the "gently caress The Poor" budgets respectively?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yep. So much so that he issued "I won't be Speaker unless you agree to this" list of demands and the HFC said "lol no" and then he agreed to be Speaker.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He didn't see the monkey's paw closing a finger, though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

Lewis has already left for the night.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He didn't see the monkey's paw closing a finger, though.

Pretty sure he sees the monkey's paw lifting one finger high in the air tonight.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

This should have been the cherry on top for Drumpf. Ryan could have put the issue to bed by letting it fail, called a press conference, and called out the Democrats for being overly emotional and trying to pass unconstitutional bills because their emotions are running high, and the Republicans would have looked like the stable, reliable guys today. He would have gone home a winner, instead of having to deal with all this poo poo that was easily avoidable.

he should have let it go for a couple hours, release a press release about how the dems are acting like children throwing a tantrum for wanting to vote on a bill that already lost in the senate, and then held a vote, and when it failed again then gone on TV and talked about how unserious the Dems are compared to the thinking man's Republican party.

instead, he got the dumbest member of his party screaming RADICAL ISLAM at a bunch of pictures.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TyrantWD posted:

This should have been the cherry on top for Trump. Ryan could have put the issue to bed by letting it fail, called a press conference, and called out the Democrats for being overly emotional and trying to pass unconstitutional bills because their emotions are running high, and the Republicans would have looked like the stable, reliable guys today. He would have gone home a winner, instead of having to deal with all this poo poo that was easily avoidable.

yeah for real

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Rep Dingell is fired up

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ms. Dingell just rocked it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Debbie Dingell is GOING OFF!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wow that was loving crazy and impressive and wonderful all at the same time who was that? Ah Rep. Debbie Dingell.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

this is amazing. i love this Rep. I want to live in her district.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Debbie going to loving rip someone's throat out

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Just want to note that C-SPAN rocks for finding any stream in order to share this.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Debbie going to loving rip someone's throat out

Point her to Louie's office.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigRed0427 posted:

Point her to Louie's office.

Like he'd be there

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

Just want to note that C-SPAN rocks for finding any stream in order to share this.

Not to be cynical, but I am betting whoever runs the day to day operations of Cspan is going to be in front of a accountability hearing about if they technically broke House rules doing this,

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The problem with all these "If the Republicans were smart" hypotheticals is that they aren't.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

So? Why risk a straight vote on one of the worst bills in a long time?

The risk is about as great as any of them getting struck by lightning while in the building

Reads like that Fox News graphic saying "99.9% OF ALL 'POOR' PEOPLE HAVE REFRIGERATORS"

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BigRed0427 posted:

Not to be cynical, but I am betting whoever runs the day to day operations of Cspan is going to be in front of a accountability hearing about if they technically broke House rules doing this,

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me, but they still kick rear end for revolting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BUG JUG posted:

this is amazing. i love this Rep. I want to live in her district.

The Dingells have held that seat in Congress since 1933.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Joementum posted:

I now much less want to live in that district. :/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Well, I guess they have good reason if they've all been that badass.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
CNN is blasting the Dems for sending fund raising emails during the sit in.

Oh boy...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Montasque posted:

Oh boy...

Oh no! CNN making a hot take.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BigRed0427 posted:

Congress needs C-SPAN, so I doubt they'll crack down. If Ryan really wanted to put a stop to this, he'd prohibit members from using their phones on the floor, which is against the rules.

He could also just cut the House WiFi and make them pay the data rates to stream this.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Al Green holding a poster, Houston representing tonight.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Montasque posted:

Oh boy...

How dare they! They should just sit in their office refusing to vote on anything so they have more spare time to send them instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

Congress needs C-SPAN, so I doubt they'll crack down. If Ryan really wanted to put a stop to this, he'd prohibit members from using their phones on the floor, which is against the rules.

He could also just cut the House WiFi and make them pay the data rates to stream this.

But that runs the risk of only further in flaming this.

Also he's apparently saying now they're going to have another vote in the next hour.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The problem with all these "If the Republicans were smart" hypotheticals is that they aren't.

To be fair to the idiot GOP they have gotten pretty used to Democrats rolling over, giving in, and playing by the book like a bunch of losers for a long time. It would be nice if we saw more of this Democratic Party, sans terrible legislation, naturally.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

CNN loves countdowns or timers.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

But that runs the risk of only further in flaming this.

Also he's apparently saying now they're going to have another vote in the next hour.

Source?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Oh no! CNN making a hot take.

They just said this takes the cycle away from Trump!

So lots of hot hot takes tonight.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CNN has resumed its long form sloppy blowjob of Trump from the primary, after a week or so of flirting with being real journalists

They're gunning hard and transparently to drink up the people Trump turns off from FNC and it'll probably work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BUG JUG posted:

I now much less want to live in that district. :/

term limits fan spotted

• Locked thread