Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Hey guys, few things, I'm on my phone and can't edit the spreadsheet.

1) Some doofus either sorted the spreadsheet or wrote something on my line (trapt)

2) I have 14 7* but only 8-10 could be useful. Can anybody add that to the spreadsheet?

3) I won't be able to log in from thursday 11am to sunday 5pm only for this week. Gone fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

Hey guys, few things, I'm on my phone and can't edit the spreadsheet.

1) Some doofus either sorted the spreadsheet or wrote something on my line (trapt)

2) I have 14 7* but only 8-10 could be useful. Can anybody add that to the spreadsheet?

3) I won't be able to log in from thursday 11am to sunday 5pm only for this week. Gone fishing.

1) Don't see any weird sorting

2) Done

3) You won't be kicked.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Kit Fisto Force Champions event just went live

First wave is Phasma and four Stormtroopers, second is Ewoks. Third is unchanged. Final wave is QGJ and Kit. Seems easier than the previous one. Kit also only needs 25-shards to unlock too which is nice.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 23, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Dev post on scoundrel event:

quote:

Currently two free plays, no refreshes. Around 120k per win in the lvl 50 version. We're doing the math right now. Probably a little over double that for each win at lvl 70.

Hmm, not sure if thats worth to build a scoundrel team just to farm. So once per week, you get a shot at 240k for a lovely team and 500k for a beast team?

My chewie is at 60/g7, and all my other scoundrels are either not unlocked or lvl 45/g6. 500k is like... 3 levels in the 60s/70s. So pumping up enough scoundrels to farm the event, I would then have to farm it for like a year to make back any costs. credit crunch ahhh!!!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Dev post on scoundrel event:

Hmm, not sure if thats worth to build a scoundrel team just to farm. So once per week, you get a shot at 240k for a lovely team and 500k for a beast team?

My chewie is at 60/g7, and all my other scoundrels are either not unlocked or lvl 45/g6. 500k is like... 3 levels in the 60s/70s. So pumping up enough scoundrels to farm the event, I would then have to farm it for like a year to make back any costs. credit crunch ahhh!!!

Yeah but putting together a serviceable squad for the level 50 event would be trivial. At least there you will recoup the investments quite quickly. Heck you may even have enough already. Then let the event pay for its own upgrades. Or have it help pay for whatever teams your building.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chewbacca and Cad Bane are decent for the raid, right? And put together a rebels pvp team and now you have Lando, now you have three scoundrels and can get the credits without looking at it like you wasted them for the scoundrel event.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Don't let them sucker you! I spent time and credits leveling some random nightsister for the girls only event and it so wasn't worth it.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Look i haven't played with chewie since before the peo meta. If you played the game at any length you probably have chewie at 45-50 by accident. I have had both cad bane and mob enforcer open from packs. What I am saying is most anyone who has player for a few months probably have half or all of them by accident by now. And chances are fairly good you have or can have one powered up guy and chewie carry the lowest cost to open tools through the 50th level one. Probably wouldn't cost more than 1 million (remember you only need them high enough to beat level 50 toons). So at the slowest your investment is paid in two months.

Gearing a squad for the 70 one, we'll that is a waste of time and gear unless you are or were already building a scoundrel squad. last I looked it took either 2.5 or 3.5 mil to take a toons from 1 to 70, so if you had to do that on more than one it would take 10 weeks at 2.5m(spent) for just 2 toons. And none of that even counts gearing.

All of course easy for me to say since I was building a scoundrel team on the side and will have no issues with probably either version. But those are the rough estimates of ROI on this event.

Plus a lot of the downsides to these toons are mitigated by the fight length of the raid. Detonators actually go off in this one place in the game.

Also of some small note my tests have shown it is a totally random bug. Sometimes when you upgrade a skill the character is returned to a unharmed state in gw. This can rarely go so far as to resurrect dead team members. But again it is super loving random and will probability never work when you need it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have chewie 80, Boba 70, Cad 44, Nute 44, Greedo 5, Lando 1.

Who is better? Nute, Greedo or Lando?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I have chewie 80, Boba 70, Cad 44, Nute 44, Greedo 5, Lando 1.

Who is better? Nute, Greedo or Lando?

Overall, I'd say probably Lando, but there are some serious Greedo sympathists around here.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Lando actually does something better than anyone else though

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Lando is also a rebel which is nice

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Am I good enough to join a goon guild yet? My pubbie one sucks

https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

Also hows my arena team? Can I change it up to maintain a higher rank? I float between 200-350 in rank. Almost always win all 5 of my battles but then come back to being beaten back a bunch of places

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 23, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Replace jconsular with p.Leia. don't buy any more sheev shards, go whole hog on Leia. Gear her up til your level restriction kicks in, then gear up geo soldier. Is royal guard doing you any good? I don't know. Rg is good with HP+protection but my recollection of low level arena is that a good DPS could one shot an average tank.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
RG seems good at keeping my other poo poo alive with the 50% hp taunt thing and the stuns can be awesome when they land. It helps with the jc and the lumi because they keep him alive to help spread damage, doesnt get one shot.

Whos sheev?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

RG seems good at keeping my other poo poo alive with the 50% hp taunt thing and the stuns can be awesome when they land. It helps with the jc and the lumi because they keep him alive to help spread damage, doesnt get one shot.

Whos sheev?

Sid

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Oooo tell me what I'm doing wrong too!
https://swgoh.gg/u/ginricky/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i just got my raid rewards for the second time. the second set of rewards were not as good as the first. if they really are just accidentally a second set of rewards, cool. if my earlier rewards were rolled back, not cool.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Spend cc battles on geo soldier and arena credits on Leia. Now you have good DS/LS dps. Get a leader: phasma from gw, dooku from hard farms, ackbar (unlock then more Leia, only for dedicated rebel future) from arena, old Ben from cantina battles. Cantina credits go to qgj/Daka. Hard farm rey and royal guard all the time unless you are droid or rebel (still get rey for rebel).

That's my impression of the current f2p meta. Deviate at the risk of fun.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Phasma/leia/rg/rey/qgj best

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

so i just got my raid rewards for the second time. the second set of rewards were not as good as the first. if they really are just accidentally a second set of rewards, cool. if my earlier rewards were rolled back, not cool.

There's apparently a bug that makes this exploitable. Don't keep doing it, there were posts of people on the official forums doing it 200x and getting their account suspended.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

kaschei posted:

Spend cc battles on geo soldier and arena credits on Leia. Now you have good DS/LS dps. Get a leader: phasma from gw, dooku from hard farms, ackbar (unlock then more Leia, only for dedicated rebel future) from arena, old Ben from cantina battles. Cantina credits go to qgj/Daka. Hard farm rey and royal guard all the time unless you are droid or rebel (still get rey for rebel).

That's my impression of the current f2p meta. Deviate at the risk of fun.

Thanks. I was initially going for quick ways to spread out my roster, which is why I grabbed Ventress, but if it's best to bee line for the big guns then I'm on it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Davethulhu posted:

There's apparently a bug that makes this exploitable. Don't keep doing it, there were posts of people on the official forums doing it 200x and getting their account suspended.

I don't even know what I did. When the new raid started I went and looked at it to get the inbox message to go away and it sent me a second reward. It has never done that before and afaik i didn't do anything different to cause it this time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

I don't even know what I did. When the new raid started I went and looked at it to get the inbox message to go away and it sent me a second reward. It has never done that before and afaik i didn't do anything different to cause it this time.

I'm sure you're fine. There was apparently a way to consistently reproduce it, and a number of people exploited it, and then found that their accounts were suspended.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/48997/raid-reward-bug/p1

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I have a hard enough time getting my single raid reward to show up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

Notemptyquoting.txt

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
GS at 75/100, Daka at 97/100 then I just have obiwan and fives sitting at 6* to cap and I have a full slate of 25 7*.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm super disappointed that having a million scoundrels doesn't help me get Han Solo. Maybe the credits will make up for basically not doing GW since February.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jibo posted:

Go into Guilds > Raids and then back out again, this always makes the reward show up for me. You can do something similar to get arena rewards to show up.

Also, the issue that was causing multiple rewards was related to an update they were doing, basically a 90 minute window, so don't worry about collecting rewards going forward.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Go into Guilds > Raids and then back out again, this always makes the reward show up for me. You can do something similar to get arena rewards to show up.

Also, the issue that was causing multiple rewards was related to an update they were doing, basically a 90 minute window, so don't worry about collecting rewards going forward.

Holy poo poo that worked. loving hell I missed half my raid rewards because poo poo never shows up.

I must say I like how the event's are being structured now, with the tiering that let's even below 80's get some rewards. Plus it gives them a nice way to pad your ranks with toons in addition to the monthly guy. Probably not hurting their sales one bit either. Might even be helping sales as people get a taste of chromium only toons.

My 7 star teams are going a bit slowly to get there, I just keep finding new people who are good in the raid but just need that one or two stars. Though I must have done something since I had 2.2m yesterday and now have a little over 200k. Someday I will know what ambient bought for me.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, some big things in yesterday's community post. On phone, so short summary:
Complete scoundrel event 2x big/small (each) for 1 million credits, goes live on 28th, random 1x per week after that. Better get your 5 scoundrels...
Anakin is new and improved. Seems pretty close to old kit, but some tweaks. Dunno if it's better or not.
New Aurodium, Geo Spy. Stealth, debuffs, and high damage.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

New Anakin:
70% (was 55%) chance of giving heal/buff immunity with omega
AoE: For each enemy Critically Hit, 25% chance for all allies to gain Offense Up for 2 turns. For each enemy not Critically Hit, 20% chance for Anakin to become Exposed for 2 turns. (Was: give Offense Up to all allies on killing blow)
Leader: +20% offense up, +20% critical damage to jedi and clones. All allies gain Advantage if their attack is evaded. (was +26% offense to jedi)
Unique: gains 100% TM and up to +100% damage (was +75%) for one attack when an ally is reduced to <50%hp or defeated (was only when defeated before)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Their latest update apparently broke the game on blue stacks :mad: Says not compatible with device in plays tore now :(

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Get the apk from pureapk and install it manually, or use nox

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

Get the apk from pureapk and install it manually, or use nox

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Both the new goon and Anakin look real strong. Sun Fec will feed so much TM to the new goon, and Anakins anti evade leadership should be great in the current arena game.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Hmm I will have to give Andy OS a try since my bluestacks decided to commit suicide. Oddly it still works flawlessly on my gf's copy of bluestacks.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I kicked off a raid (t6), since we had the currency and I didn't see any messaging to hold off on it.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
What should I spend my first 5 omegas on?
https://swgoh.gg/u/urbanlabyrinth/collection/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

QGJ basic