Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Junpei Hyde posted:

I've only beaten chapter 1. Maybe I should finish it.

Yeah you should probably finish that 40 hour dump you've been meaning to take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's not on the PS4 but this is the de facto Miku thread so I'm gonna point out that Future Tone is out and has really interesting step tracks - 2, 3 or 4 buttons at once, shoulder button presses and holds combined with analog stick movement, and a neat 'hold' mechanic where you're regularly encouraged to hold a note on one side of the pad for more points as long as possible, while continuing the song on the other side.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
So are any of the current weekly deals on PSN NA for Vita games worth it? It's a handful of 50% discounts on stuff like Kenka Bancho and both Parasite Eves.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stelas posted:

It's not on the PS4 but this is the de facto Miku thread so I'm gonna point out that Future Tone is out and has really interesting step tracks - 2, 3 or 4 buttons at once, shoulder button presses and holds combined with analog stick movement, and a neat 'hold' mechanic where you're regularly encouraged to hold a note on one side of the pad for more points as long as possible, while continuing the song on the other side.

It's sadly digital only and costs over 8000 yen for the whole thing and I think you can only buy Japanese PSN cards of 5000 yen, so the whole affair is going to cost quite a bit. On the other hand it's the biggest Miku game ever made on console since it's got the entire arcade playlist. Hori also made a controller to play it, which rocks.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You can get a 10k card, but... yeah, it's a pretty loving hefty download and cost either way. There's an absolute poo poo-ton of songs, 220 in total with 340 modules I think it was?

e: The controls seem ever so slightly floaty, but maybe that's just me not being used to using a pad - I had real loving problems playing the PS3 game for similar reasons.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 23, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Stelas posted:

maybe that's just me not being used to using a pad - I had real loving problems playing the PS3 game for similar reasons.

You know what must be done.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I already spent $150NZ on Miku today :negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does Future Tone have that weird glassy CG doll look for Miku or is it like the new Project DIVA games?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
It's the arcade game with the fuckton of songs, I think

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also it's pretty loving ingenious that the base game is 8.4k and the unlock all items dlc is 1.6. Since, y'know, you'll just have that lying around...

E: yeah she's kinda glossy but it feels like it's better than the arcade. Definitely better in motion compared to screenshots too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Does Future Tone have that weird glassy CG doll look for Miku or is it like the new Project DIVA games?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stelas posted:

Also it's pretty loving ingenious that the base game is 8.4k and the unlock all items dlc is 1.6. Since, y'know, you'll just have that lying around...

E: yeah she's kinda glossy but it feels like it's better than the arcade. Definitely better in motion compared to screenshots too.

Hahaha oh Jesus it really does cost this much! Is this how Miku makes all her money?! The hell is in this DLC pack to merit a cost of 1600 yen? I mean good god it costs $136 here in Canada to import a 10000 yen card!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The hell is in this DLC pack to merit a cost of 1600 yen?

I believe it's literally 'unlock all modules and accessories in one fell swoop'.

The main game is an absolute poo poo-ton of songs, though, that cannot be understated. Future Sound is 120 songs based on the Diva series, Colorful Tone is 100 songs based on the arcade and Magical Mirai. So you could just pick up one pack, I guess, for half the price. You know, if you wanted to skimp on your Miku cred.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
That game is ps4-only, right?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hey look, actuall footage of Daidouji in Uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjYSNnuRjJE&t=1607s

are you actually going to pay legal tender for this insane pile

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's already said he's spending his money on the game just to play Daidohji.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Godspeed, Dark Tits Anime

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Before I vote to remain in the EU, will the result affect my ability to import anime games

Why are none of the politicians talking about this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of, where's the best place to import Gundam Breaker 3 to AU from these days?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

It also helps that TxK was a really good game.

Also a PS Plus freebie

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Before I vote to remain in the EU, will the result affect my ability to import anime games

If you leave, the lower value of the GBP will make importing more expensive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andrigaar posted:

So are any of the current weekly deals on PSN NA for Vita games worth it? It's a handful of 50% discounts on stuff like Kenka Bancho and both Parasite Eves.

Parasite Eve 1 is a really cool, if admittedly quite easy, jrpg from the PSX era of "let's throw everything at the wall and see what sticks". I haven't played 2 but I have it on my Vita as well, will play it someday.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hahaha oh Jesus it really does cost this much!

What a poser. No tribute is too big for the Goddess of Music. Clearly you are not a believer and have your priorities all wrong. You should be ashamed.

Mithaldu posted:

That game is ps4-only, right?

Future Tone is indeed PS4-only. The final Miku game on the Vita is (and will be) Diva X. You can and should buy that one, too, since it's getting a Western release. Future Tone is probably going to be Japan-only due to the ridiculous number of tracks (220) which is going to be a mess to license overseas.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 23, 2016

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, where's the best place to import Gundam Breaker 3 to AU from these days?

Your options seem to be play-asia and yesasia; play-asia has a slightly lower sticker price but yesasia offers free shipping so it works out to roughly the same. Yesasia doesn't seem to have the Asian English Vita version in stock yet, though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

In Training posted:

Parasite Eve 1 is a really cool, if admittedly quite easy, jrpg from the PSX era of "let's throw everything at the wall and see what sticks". I haven't played 2 but I have it on my Vita as well, will play it someday.

I've played the first PE, and maybe the intro to the second ages ago. I'm mostly asking how much of a cheapass I can be or if $3 is just "shut up and buy if you want it" territory.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Future Tone is indeed PS4-only. The final Miku game on the Vita is (and will be) Diva X. You can and should buy that one, too, since it's getting a Western release. Future Tone is probably going to be Japan-only due to the ridiculous number of tracks (220) which is going to be a mess to license overseas.
Thanks for the summary. And yeah Diva X is definitely a buy. I already got a JP account solely for IA/VT, so maybe once i get a PS4 i might use that for future tone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andrigaar posted:

I've played the first PE, and maybe the intro to the second ages ago. I'm mostly asking how much of a cheapass I can be or if $3 is just "shut up and buy if you want it" territory.

Since it's just a PSX emulation for a few bucks, it's up to you if you want PE on the go. I bought them when they were like a dollar so if you're asking if they've gone cheaper before, then yes they have.

How does Odin's Sphere run on the Vita? I finally checked out some videos and this game looks awesome, and I quite enjoyed Dragon's Crown. No problems with the Vita version? Would be a great summer game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Thuryl posted:

Your options seem to be play-asia and yesasia; play-asia has a slightly lower sticker price but yesasia offers free shipping so it works out to roughly the same. Yesasia doesn't seem to have the Asian English Vita version in stock yet, though.

YesAsia is also not openly insane.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Takoluka posted:

I didn't want to be the one to start that conversation, but there is also that, yes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Thuryl posted:

Yesasia doesn't seem to have the Asian English Vita version in stock yet, though.

They have the PS4 version (which I'd probably end up getting anyway because then I can just remote play it) with 7-14 day availability, so that's something at least. Cheers for that.

Takoluka posted:

Valid point.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Andrigaar posted:

PE 2 is somewhat of a classical RE clone, with tank controls and static camera, but it does have its own identity and charm, although it's a very different game from the first one. It also has flavour text for very many background objects, which is a neat way of fleshing Aya's character.

A word of warning, though: many of the weapons have an alternate way of firing, often very effective, but it's bound to R2, so if you don't have the triggers be prepared for a somewhat awkward playstyle, since you can either assign those buttons to analogue sticks or to either touchscreen, so no comfortable solution exists.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

You can and should buy that one, too, since it's getting a Western release.

Do this if only for the lovably dumb 'plot' and actual (probably banal) characterization. Also, because it's really good.

Takoluka posted:

Did they ever fix up stupid password rules? Way back when they had an 8-character maximum and gently caress if I'm giving my credit card no. to a site that does that.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I understand physical Vita games are region free, but are there any region limitations on internet multiplayer? I'm thinking about Puyo Puyo Tetris. Also is there decent single player in that? I believe there is a rudimentary "campaign mode" of sorts for the different characters, not sure if there's much else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Luceid posted:

are you actually going to pay legal tender for this insane pile

Sadly yes. But at least by having the demo I will get a nice discount (and avoid shipping) by getting the Digital Version.

:suicide:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Minidust posted:

I understand physical Vita games are region free, but are there any region limitations on internet multiplayer? I'm thinking about Puyo Puyo Tetris. Also is there decent single player in that? I believe there is a rudimentary "campaign mode" of sorts for the different characters, not sure if there's much else.

I don't know about Puyo Puyo Tetris, but i've seen region selectors in various multiplayer games, with some offering filters like "all" or "only japan" and i've (in germany) played Helldivers with american frat boys and Freedom Wars with japanese people.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sadly yes. But at least by having the demo I will get a nice discount (and avoid shipping) by getting the Digital Version.

:suicide:

you know, you could just

not buy it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If a game with Daidouji comes out and DT doesn't buy it at 30 MPH then he explodes.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Minidust posted:

A few Japanese games have an option in the settings menu which lets you play exclusively with other people within Japan, but nothing like IP locked servers. Those do exist but the only examples I can think of are on ps4

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Junpei Hyde posted:

If a game with Daidouji comes out and DT doesn't buy it at 30 MPH then he explodes.

Rotten Tomatoes review aggregate: 86% fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/746025051317805056

Weird, I'd expected Marvelous Europe to handle the european release given they're a sister branch of XSEED.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Well nothing as extreme like that but having more Daidouji is never a bad thing.

Even if the game they picked to give her more exposure is so lovely and word on street is that the japanese also hated her redesign

:smith: