Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Base Camp Blanket posted:

I too failed this basic basketball vocabulary test, brother.

Could be that other people use the words differently. But slasher is always used to highlight the ability to create in the context of playing off the ball or off the catch, while handle refers to the ability within the context of playing on the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes please do something that will cause you to forfeit picks

That doesn't work anymore since the NBA retooled Bird Rights. Signing a player for 1 year doesn't give you any real advantage in retaining him the following year.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Good news for Warriors fans: Steph's injuries don't require offseason surgery. Bad news: This means he was psyched out more than injured, obviously. Worst player of all time! Bitch! Bogut also escapes surgery.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Good news for Warriors fans: Steph's injuries don't require offseason surgery. Bad news: This means he was psyched out more than injured, obviously. Worst player of all time! Bitch! Bogut also escapes surgery.

Is shookness chronic?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stephs at Michael J Fox levels.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Here you go Warriors fans:

http://codepen.io/wk4f/full/RRoOLv

Figure out how to get KD

(and yes I know Shaun Livingston has a team option, but GSW is gonna pick it up and I don't know how to add a team option category)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Woj woke up.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745959902988894208

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745962559635861504

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745963574426734592

Remember when Lamb had like two good games shortly after joining the Hornets?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Free agent(s), meaning they want more than Batum back. Sounds iffy personally, since most of their good free agents are 30+ and one is Jeremy Lin who you really don't want to pay that much as a back-up when Kemba already makes his max.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jack's Flow posted:

Remember when Lamb had like two good games shortly after joining the Hornets?

Come on, it was like five.

Charlotte's going to be old as gently caress in a few years, but getting MKG back is essentially their big move of the offseason. They looked really good with him for the seven games he played last year, so hopefully they can keep pace/take a step forward.

Tae posted:

Free agent(s), meaning they want more than Batum back. Sounds iffy personally, since most of their good free agents are 30+ and one is Jeremy Lin who you really don't want to pay that much as a back-up when Kemba already makes his max.

Definitely Marvin Williams and Batum, probably Courtney Lee if they're dealing Lamb. Big Al might come back in a bench role/MLE type deal, he's been very vocal about wanting to retire in Charlotte. Lin can go chase stats in Philly.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SeannieDarko posted:

Yeah he is. Hill never attacks the basket. All he does is sit on the perimeter and shoot 3s.

Darn him for doing a thing he is good at

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
The Knicks made a hype video for Derrick Rose that simply shows him scoring on Lopez, Calderon, and Grant

https://twitter.com/nyknicks/status/745736418006163457

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How many games before "The Concrete Rose" is the headline on a NY paper?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would love the Sixers to get Lamb.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Emanuel Collective posted:

The Knicks made a hype video for Derrick Rose that simply shows him scoring on Lopez, Calderon, and Grant

This is outstanding

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Here you go Warriors fans:

http://codepen.io/wk4f/full/RRoOLv

Figure out how to get KD

(and yes I know Shaun Livingston has a team option, but GSW is gonna pick it up and I don't know how to add a team option category)

Let go everyone who is a FA, trade Bogut away for anything, resign Iguodala to a slight bump on what his current salary is, give Durant the max, use your two exceptions to get some rotation players who are willing to take a small discount and then the rest on veteran minimum ring chasers. Plus you have your draft picks.

Sure your bench won't be especially awesome, but that is a heck of a starting five with Iggy off the bench. If you want you could keep Bogut as your big man and let Iggy go, but I think it's easier for them to pick a big man in the draft and add a couple of rotation guys to replace what Bogut gives them than it is to replace Iggy in their death line-up.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 23, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

*screams at top of lungs* YOU CAN'T USE THE MLE UNLESS YOU"RE OVER THE CAP WHEN FREE AGENCY STARTS!!!!

e: well you can use the $2.725m/2yr one, but that would get you like loving no one.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 23, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ok this is really hilarious.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Who the gently caress is Kevin Looney?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Starting Draymond green at center did really good for them in the finals so yeah this team would be very great!!!!

e: Seriously, they cannot get rid of Ezeli and Bogut, the team would be so much worse it's not even funny. Who the hell are they going to sign at the minimum? Chris Kaman? Kendrick Perkins? Nazr Mohammed? You need a center.

Kevin Durant is not going to the Warriors.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 23, 2016

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

^^^ In that case keep Bogut and let Iguodala walk. I agree it's almost certainly not going to happen, but someone said make it work so... :v:

straight up brolic posted:

*screams at top of lungs* YOU CAN'T USE THE MLE UNLESS YOU"RE OVER THE CAP WHEN FREE AGENCY STARTS!!!!

e: well you can use the $2.725m/2yr one, but that would get you like loving no one.

Yeah my bad, it would have to be the Room Level Exception and not the taxpayer exception like I assumed.

i mean their roster would definitely be a mash of an incredible starting line-up and a bunch of rookies and passed over vets, but maybe they think it's worth a shot. In the playoffs you only play 9 guys anyway. Well, Kerr doesn't but maybe he'd have to change.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Let go everyone who is a FA, trade Bogut away for anything, resign Iguodala to a slight bump on what his current salary is, give Durant the max, use your two exceptions to get some rotation players who are willing to take a small discount and then the rest on veteran minimum ring chasers. Plus you have your draft picks.

Sure your bench won't be especially awesome, but that is a heck of a starting five with Iggy off the bench. If you want you could keep Bogut as your big man and let Iggy go, but I think it's easier for them to pick a big man in the draft and add a couple of rotation guys to replace what Bogut gives them than it is to replace Iggy in their death line-up.

A young rookie big man will never come close to giving them what Bogut does at the level he does.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Ezeli turning into a pumpkin really hosed them over, because there's no point in Bogut without an effective backup and if you thought Ezeli could be effective, then you could essentially lose Barnes and Iguodala for Durant and not miss that much with replacement level vets

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

poo poo I somehow forgot Iggy. Just updated it. Also is the image of the Steph Curry Chef 2's not showing up? Edit: got the pic of the shoes working

http://codepen.io/wk4f/full/RRoOLv/

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 23, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The warriors are so shooken that they won't even make the playoffs, what's the point

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

And just checking the CBA FAQ now, but if you are over the cap because of cap holds I think you do get to use your exceptions.

Though I could be wrong because this poo poo is complicated.

e: Nope, I'm wrong and you were right the first time. Cap holds don't count for being over the cap when calculating if you are eligible for exceptions. Only RFAs and only if you've made a qualifying offer.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 23, 2016

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Ezeli turning into a pumpkin really hosed them over, because there's no point in Bogut without an effective backup and if you thought Ezeli could be effective, then you could essentially lose Barnes and Iguodala for Durant and not miss that much with replacement level vets

If Durant will take a small pay cut you could do this but he won't cuz he's gonna stay in OKC

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Durant is going to sign a 1+1 with Okc.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Libertine posted:

Who the gently caress is Kevin Looney?

Shooting big with some playmaking ability. Rebounder.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Ezeli is not goign to resign for $5m, he'll get at least double maybe triple that.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

https://twitter.com/KentuckyBlacc/status/745739731699384320

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

Ezeli is not goign to resign for $5m, he'll get at least double maybe triple that.

That's his cap hold. Warriors can then go over the cap to re-sign him to any contract up to the max.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

dokmo posted:

Shooting big with some playmaking ability. Rebounder.

Also has this quote on his wikipedia page:

wikipedia posted:

Looney suffered a setback in March, when he was sidelined by inflammation in his surgically repaired hip.[50] Despite Looney missing most of the season, the Warriors won an NBA record 73 games to eclipse the 72 wins set by the 1995–96 Chicago Bulls.

Great job on the Warriors battling through adversity and breaking the record without having him. :)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

That's his cap hold. Warriors can then go over the cap to re-sign him to any contract up to the max.

Only if no one offers him a contract. You really think no one will try to give a big contract to Ezelli within the first 3 days?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tae posted:

Only if no one offers him a contract. You really think no one will try to give a big contract to Ezelli within the first 3 days?

Someone will for sure. He made a whole mess of money for himself this year, even if he did put up goose eggs in the finals.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Getting rid of Iguodala means that their bench is going to be Livingston and a rotating cast of scrub lords. This team cannot afford to go all in on Kevin Durant, it just does not make sense. They are going to target a wing that is cheaper than Harrison Barnes (Bazemore), a young, affordable big (Hickson? I honestly have no idea) and then fill out the roster with vets at the minimum. They'll target some kind of shooting power forward (West or Dirk) and a ball handling guard (would not be surprised to see Barbosa back).

I would not be surprised at all if Iggy is a starter next year, and their bench is something like Bazemore/Livingston/West/Hickson

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Agent Zero has thoughts on the Rose trade
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG-hdpMvP94/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

im saying is this move was very CRACKISH

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Phoenix supposedly offered Bledsoe and the #13 for Hayward and Utah turned the down.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Getting rid of Iguodala means that their bench is going to be Livingston and a rotating cast of scrub lords. This team cannot afford to go all in on Kevin Durant, it just does not make sense. They are going to target a wing that is cheaper than Harrison Barnes (Bazemore), a young, affordable big (Hickson? I honestly have no idea) and then fill out the roster with vets at the minimum. They'll target some kind of shooting power forward (West or Dirk) and a ball handling guard (would not be surprised to see Barbosa back).

I would not be surprised at all if Iggy is a starter next year, and their bench is something like Bazemore/Livingston/West/Hickson
a wing that is cheaper than Harrison Barnes (Bazemore) False

Bazemore is getting the max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

a wing that is cheaper than Harrison Barnes (Bazemore) False

Bazemore is getting the max.

That would be one of the worst max contracts ever.

• Locked thread