Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

What Lib should I shoot for if all I want to do is make and sell it? Are you restricted to your own class type of weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nighthand posted:

What Lib should I shoot for if all I want to do is make and sell it? Are you restricted to your own class type of weapons?

All the slayer weapons are fairly popular, especially katana and short sword.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I kinda feel like making a rogue. Is there anything I should know for early leveling?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Nighthand posted:

You aren't restricted to your class. The top right of Iris' shop window has a dropdown menu you can select to pick other characters.

mightygerm posted:

I kinda feel like making a rogue. Is there anything I should know for early leveling?

Rogue is very cancel heavy. Even if you don't need to do it because Scenarios, you should get into the habit of leading with basic attacks and cancelling into other skills, and using Hit End frequently. Get a feel for how your Hit Ends work, because they're your workhorse. Aside from that, not really.

E: Chain Saw is great. Even if its damage falls off later, it's mondo useful as a filler skill for building CP.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 16, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

mightygerm posted:

You will spin to win. Hurricane is fantastic and absolutely the thing you will use to clear rooms in dungeons. You'll probably use it almost exclusively, give its AoE capability and low cooldown.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

So I'm sitting on about 1800 powerful energy that I am never going to care about on my SM. If anyone wants to make use of it, let me know. You can send me tradeable stuff and I'll refine it for you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So day 2 of seasonal server and I can tell you that it's refreshing. It definitely makes the early game much more fun because everything isn't made of paper. This is probably the only time I've ever heard the entire dungeon theme AND the boss theme.

I hate to make this comparison, but this mode feels similar to Dark Souls. You can either use your skills and slowly do damage or you can wait for their counter frame to show up and instantly blow them up. Since everything can kill you in 1-2 hits, there's heavy focus on controlling your enemies and positioning. Hell, that evade feature they added is more or less rolling in Dark Souls.

There are some issues though. Some enemies have such a tiny window to counter that it's ridiculous to even attempt it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-n1V08gCs
I tried to beat Widir the hard way and realized his counter frame is EXTREMELY tiny. When he's glowing gray, that's when you're supposed to counter him except it goes by so fast that it looks like he's flashing.

I can't believe they're expecting people to do ancients like this.

If anything, Neople should prioritize porting this over because you can at least party with people and not steamroll everything. It's also much more relaxing since you don't have to worry about materials, quests, auction house, or even trading. It's just gameplay.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Somefool posted:

So day 2 of seasonal server and I can tell you that it's refreshing. It definitely makes the early game much more fun because everything isn't made of paper. This is probably the only time I've ever heard the entire dungeon theme AND the boss theme.

I hate to make this comparison, but this mode feels similar to Dark Souls. You can either use your skills and slowly do damage or you can wait for their counter frame to show up and instantly blow them up. Since everything can kill you in 1-2 hits, there's heavy focus on controlling your enemies and positioning. Hell, that evade feature they added is more or less rolling in Dark Souls.

There are some issues though. Some enemies have such a tiny window to counter that it's ridiculous to even attempt it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-n1V08gCs
I tried to beat Widir the hard way and realized his counter frame is EXTREMELY tiny. When he's glowing gray, that's when you're supposed to counter him except it goes by so fast that it looks like he's flashing.

I can't believe they're expecting people to do ancients like this.

If anything, Neople should prioritize porting this over because you can at least party with people and not steamroll everything. It's also much more relaxing since you don't have to worry about materials, quests, auction house, or even trading. It's just gameplay.

It certainly looks interesting. What do you mean about not worrying about quests though? Seasonal server is just dungeons?

Any news about the new M. Mage subclasses yet?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

It certainly looks interesting. What do you mean about not worrying about quests though? Seasonal server is just dungeons?

Any news about the new M. Mage subclasses yet?

No quests, not even special dungeon quests either. You just run dungeons in their normal form which gives a ton of EXP. You're probably running a dungeon at most 3 times before moving onto the next dungeon.

M. Mage is next month.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Well then.

June 17th at 4:21 PM EST, I got the Dark Gothic belt drop, completing the entire set.

Game's over. I win.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Black Balloon posted:

Well then.

June 17th at 4:21 PM EST, I got the Dark Gothic belt drop, completing the entire set.

Game's over. I win.

So you're doing speed carries through Anton for us fixed damage plebs right?

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Anton trip report with Imp at maximum DG: "Jesus Christ you're shredding through Egene even when he has all his armor!" "Yup!"

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I still have a lot of work to do with optimizing for it. Ice Princess is dope and all for the str amps I have, and the 18% elenore, but I should really find some accessories with actual synergy. And a real sub equip. Preferably one that isn't horrendously expensive (grim seeker's veil is still like 150m what the gently caress).

I didn't feel that much stronger in the anton run we just did, but the training room damage charts have me up about 60% damage over what I was doing before.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Seasonal Server Rewards

quote:

[Level 48: Corrupt Temple] Defeat Minister of Dawn, Minister of Light, Minister of Twilight and Minister of Shadow in order
Some of theses challenges I swear. :shepicide:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Ok I'm down to run basically anyone through anton normals but please read this guide first to avoid making a bunch of obvious mistakes and killing me/everyone: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4uCWBAsJAGxds0juJxU60TGQe5fJCJHkYlKdO9nuJA/edit

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Updated version of the Anton guide here

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 13, 2017

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
A secret tip for M. Slayers vs. Mateka: Wave Wheel Slasher is ENTIRELY SAFE to use in trying to get the orbs. It'll either miss him because we're not in perfect Korean latency world or hit him, hold him, and the actual damage part won't trigger his reflect.

This is why having 1 point in it is super useful. Also I guess goblin feeding in OV.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

fool_of_sound posted:

After coming out of this mode, the boss will do three high damage ground pounds you need to jump over.

As a note, don't QR this attack. QR will not save you.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

A SWEET GUIDE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO START DOING ANTON SHOULD READ

Made additions in italics. Thanks for typing this out.

To new Anton runners: Don't worry about doing damage until you're familiar with how to not die. Not dying (and usually in that process, not killing other players) is the most important thing.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 19, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

What's that I hear no one saying, these gimmicks take too much effort, if only there was a way to skip more of them?
If you're a class with particularly high status damage, you can deal significant amounts of damage to Tog even if hasn't absorbed an orb yet, because he has 0 defense to statuses for some reason. Brawlers are likely the only class that can kill him outright before an orb can spawn, though.
Nerbe has a second or two before he goes invulnerable for his first lightning attack so if you can get near him quickly you can start holding/juggling him without letting him actually do anything.
Kratek has a short moment at around half his cast bar where he's vulnerable and hasn't started doing any annoying lingering attacks yet, if you can land a hold of some sort on him during this opening you can prevent him from actually doing anything assuming you have enough follow-up holds/damage.
Agnes has a similar small vulnerability opening between you killing the first two clones and doing the purple sword thing, letting you hit her right away instead of waiting for it to cycle back from her damage reflect phase.
Egene's attack where he tries to grab someone in front of him can fail to latch, and if it does he gets confused and becomes vulnerable similar to when he smashes into a wall. While it's incredibly unsafe/difficult to bait it without invulnerability frames on some sort of skill, he will also try to grab summons but can only actually grab player characters/APC summons. Every fighter has access to doppelganger which works for this purpose if you want to speed it up a little and your team doesn't just juggle him in the air until it triggers the main way to harm him.
Magtonium five is kind of pathetic to begin with, but if you have a room wide super hold or can get up to him quickly enough, you can grab him before he jumps into the air the first time, skipping a whole bunch of really boring walking in circles killing mini-fives.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Black Balloon posted:

Ok I'm down to run basically anyone through anton normals but please read this guide first to avoid making a bunch of obvious mistakes and killing me/everyone: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4uCWBAsJAGxds0juJxU60TGQe5fJCJHkYlKdO9nuJA/edit

I will kill you and everyone regardless.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

InfinityComplex posted:

I will kill you and everyone regardless.

I expect first-time runners to mess some stuff up anyway, but I can't justify being annoyed if people have read the guide first.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Guild update soon which means up to 1000 characters per guild. Enjoy having a gently caress huge guild full of alts.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

We already do!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Double post for streaming ranked pvp: https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria

Just doing a quick coliseum run.

Edit: Done. It's nights like this that make me hate DFO and also video games

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 22, 2016

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

What are some good magic stones to shoot for? I'm currently just using an event +16 all ele tear, and I was eyeballing something like the Small True in The World, or the Disease-Spreading Hardened Heart, though they're both hella expensive. I could do the Curse-Tainted Possession Stone since I only really need water/shadow, but I dunno if there's anything else out there that's better for reasons other than just ele damage + gratuitous effects.

Obviously an epic would be nice but in the mean time something else to fill the slot would be useful.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Tears/Energy Stones are perfectly good endgame magic stones. The legendary upgrade probably isn't worth the money unless you're out of other things to buy.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren:Live version of the Big Patch is up:siren:

It looks like most of the Really Bad poo poo got made a lot more reasonable. In particular for sader:

---Slow Heal TP Spirit/Vitality buff is dead. Rip in piss awful TP tax.

---All buffs are getting a moderate numbers nerf, but a large stat scaling buff. Combined with the Slow Heal change, this means that high stat saders are going to have buffs only slightly weaker than their current ones, while lowbie saders are going to be waaaay less powerful.

---Heaven's Melody (the HP/MP buff) is taking a large nerf, but most classes are getting an inherent HP buff, and a lot of endgame monsters are getting a damage nerf. Basically, this just makes it so you won't be made out of paper without a sader anymore.

---Crashing Cross buff is getting a substantial buff, and basically all sader damage skills are getting a small buff. This should at least make up for the reduction in buffing strength for lowbie saders, and is probably a straight buff for endgame ones.

---Vow of Silence and Silent Prayer sets are getting nerfed, though it's still a big chunk of extra buffing power and still top level sader gear.

Pretty much everything about these changes is reasonable. Except sader buffs aren't going to be infinite durATION I'M COMING FOR YOU MJ!!

e: Hey if you know anything about one of the classes getting changes, post about it!

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 23, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Summoner nerfs are nearly negligible. Apparently though according to one or two posts I've seen it does make it so you can't do double tainted echeverria anymore, but I'm not sure why, as the only things that won't snapshop anymore, according to those notes, are elemental damage and magic crit, neither of which double tainted eche gives you (IIRC, it's just attack strength and whatever green imbue does to eche).

Sword Master remains Waifu Queen.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

In the test server the infinite duration buff patch enables male, and presumably female, nens to buff swap the entire shimmering onslaught set bonus. Having a free chronicle set of bonuses at all times is a pretty massive buff I'd imagine, but they might've fixed it in the transition to live.

From looking into it more, that appears to have been fixed for the live patch, rip male nen, back to our mediocrity.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 24, 2016

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Has anyone tested what infinite Taunt looks like? Is it just a straight up aura?

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Zerk changes are good, but there's a secret change not listed.

--Saders (looking at you Ryb) won't forget and panic when they look at the health bars and see one that's almost empty and try to heal the zerk.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

--Saders (looking at you Ryb) won't forget and panic when they look at the health bars and see one that's almost empty and try to heal the zerk.

:wrong:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

You've tried to heal me in the past.

And in the deep past it actually worked!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hope Blood Mage won't have that same low HP gimmick. The price for blood damage is too high, too high I say!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

Someday it will work again inshallah.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

Are you sure he wasn't just doing it to spite you?

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Black Balloon posted:

Are you sure he wasn't just doing it to spite you?

I mean all the saders we have and had did it to spite me. And then Boiling Blood happened.

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009

Nethertribes posted:

I mean all the saders we have and had did it to spite me. And then Boiling Blood happened.

I remember one time in ov2 when you were tossing gobbos, Nacho whispered me and told me to place Holy Sanctuary behind you while he was going to put it in front.
That was a funny run, for us anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

So how's Awakened Anton, Somefool?