Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Switching to the Cowboys now? Wouldn't put it past you, but you should have gone Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mel Mudkiper posted:

<-- I don't get the joke?
Someone is probably trying to make Blue Squares look bad because now everyone will associate your posting with him, because of the Av :v:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hello old friend

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why did blue squares change his avatar to Mel's old tar?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Did Blue Squares and Mel have a fight I missed or something? It seems weird that those two would get connected for whatever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Did Blue Squares and Mel have a fight I missed or something? It seems weird that those two would get connected for whatever.

We both post in the literature thread but that's about it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

They're both book barn weirdos, which is where Mel got the avatar. You can tell because the text is an allusion to noted world of literature Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. by Judy Blume.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
haha mel mudkiper reads books what a dork

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What books are you reading lately, Mel.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
if you don't exclusively read giant russian novels you are human garbage

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm reading Brothers Karamazov right now. I don't consider it to be giant. Am I garbage?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

I'm reading Brothers Karamazov right now. I don't consider it to be giant. Am I garbage?

is it the actual book or do you use an e-reader

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

is it the actual book or do you use an e-reader

It's a 2 part, 1963 paperback re-print of David Magarshack's 1958 translation. I paid about $6 total at a used book store. Do I win the Douche contest yet?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Like there was never any other contestant.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

What books are you reading lately, Mel.

Right now I am reading The Little Red Chairs by Edna O'Brien

Not sure what I am going to do next. Either Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi or The Mare by Mary Gaitskill

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ross Angeles posted:

This but unironically.

Russian novels are the best.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I refuse to read anything written before the first World War and generally do not go further back than 2000

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I refuse to read anything written before the first World War and generally do not go further back than 2000

Make Dostoevsky and Tolstoy exceptions to your rule. You will enjoy them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Make Dostoevsky and Tolstoy exceptions to your rule. You will enjoy them.

More like Dulltoevsky

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

More like Dulltoevsky

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm reading the witcher books because i'm a huge loving nerd

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man we gotta get your snide book chops up

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sour Diesel posted:

My man :respek: I was waiting for 'official' English translations then forgot about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The witcher lol come on dudes

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What if the topic is before WW1? Reading Rubicon by Tom Holland, it's pretty good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm reading Bucky F*cking Dent by David Duchovney while picturing it was actually written by Hank Moody. It's not working.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol if you read

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MrLogan posted:

What if the topic is before WW1? Reading Rubicon by Tom Holland, it's pretty good.

That's fine, I just find WWI to be the intellectual maturation point of Western culture and that everything written before it is painfully juvenile

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Things I read:
This forum
Road signs
tweets
my own comics (Sometimes)
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-most-valuable-chokers/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Things I read:
tweets

Sorry if I got annoying last night but I was drunk and really mad at Paul Ryan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you for that febreeze :allears:

Also I'm looking to start a hobby. Anyone have any cheap suggestions for a poor rear end college student?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

Also I'm looking to start a hobby. Anyone have any cheap suggestions for a poor rear end college student?

poo poo posting.
Reading.
Frisbee Golf.
Fishing.
Bird Watching I guess is a dumb thing people do

Mostly Cheap College students play Frisbee Golf, just do that, it's fun.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Start a small change collection

Its easy, you can just sit outside a busy street with a cup and people will just give it to you

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Metapod posted:

Support an obscure charity cause.

Oh, wait, you're a Titans fan, you're way ahead of me.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Febreeze posted:

Things I read:
This forum
Road signs
tweets
my own comics (Sometimes)
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-most-valuable-chokers/
ahahaha

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

poo poo posting.
Reading.
Frisbee Golf.
Fishing.
Bird Watching I guess is a dumb thing people do

Mostly Cheap College students play Frisbee Golf, just do that, it's fun.

Already do too much of that
Should probably do more of that
Fun but driving twenty minutes to the nearest city with a course is a pain in the rear end
Sucks rear end
Lol

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Start a small change collection

Its easy, you can just sit outside a busy street with a cup and people will just give it to you

I guess I should have elaborated that I go to school in the middle of nowhere

JT Jag posted:

Support an obscure charity cause.

Oh, wait, you're a Titans fan, you're way ahead of me.

A good joke

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Right now I am reading The Little Red Chairs by Edna O'Brien

Not sure what I am going to do next. Either Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi or The Mare by Mary Gaitskill

Do The Mare. I took a class from Mary Gaitskill and she is one of the coolest people I've ever met. She's got a huge love of Vladimir Nabokov, so she still counts as a real writer since she has a "Russian" influence.

To my eternal shame I haven't read any of her books yet. I didn't want to be too starstruck when I took the class, so I avoided her work. I did watch The Secretary when I was 13 though.

Sour Diesel posted:

I bought the first book and I'm going to start it soon. After I finish my 3rd playthrough of Wild Hunt. :hfive:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 23, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's fine, I just find WWI to be the intellectual maturation point of Western culture and that everything written before it is painfully juvenile

σας πιπιλίζουν

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

Lacrosse, hockey, and video gaming are all cheap accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

the galaga pic got 6 likes. am i internet famous now

• Locked thread