Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CONFESSION TIME

I know everyone in this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Congrats on Lobdell replying to your tweet!

Rhyno posted:

Hahahah holy gently caress watch this it's so goddamned horrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98PCgjw__HQ

Everything about this is amazing. Thank you.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ZDar Fan posted:

Congrats on Lobdell replying to your tweet!

Oh that wasn't mine. I just found it funny.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

CONFESSION TIME

Who do you play?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

Who do you play?

Harley.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ZDar Fan posted:

Who do you play?

William "the STUD" actually loving hates me because I wouldn't help him hook up with my coworker who was in a deep depression over her boyfriend having died in her arms. He's been trying to get this going for close to two years and the fact that it looks so bad and pathetically done warms my heart.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

William "the STUD" actually loving hates me because I wouldn't help him hook up with my coworker who was in a deep depression over her boyfriend having died in her arms. He's been trying to get this going for close to two years and the fact that it looks so bad and pathetically done warms my heart.

If someone who hated me failed this publicly and spectacularly, I would have to assume that God is on my side, so kudos

I kept expecting the Bane/Roulette exchange to turn into a Brazzers scene

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ZDar Fan posted:

If someone who hated me failed this publicly and spectacularly, I would have to assume that God is on my side, so kudos

I kept expecting the Bane/Roulette exchange to turn into a Brazzers scene

Hahahahaha I was thinking the same thing! I was ready for them to start boning. Jesus Christ that gap in Bane's front teeth.

Just awful.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Rhyno posted:

CONFESSION TIME

Which one is the guy who buys every DC comic every week?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrProsek posted:

Which one is the guy who buys every DC comic every week?

I don't think even he would lower himself to this level.

My personal favorite touch is the super gross couch at the end.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And DC already is having issues with double shipping. Per Newsarama

Newsarama posted:

DC has informed retailers that July's Superman #3 will be drawn by announced Super Sons artist Jorge Jimenez (replacing series co-writer/artist Patrick Gleason on that issue), while Green Lanterns #3 artists Robson Rocha and Jay Leisten will be joined by Jack Herbert, Neil Edwards, Keith Champagne, Tom Derenick, and Tom Palmer.

This comes despite DC announcing rotating artistic teams for those titles. Doug Mahnke was scheduled to rotate with Patrick Gleason on Superman, while Green Lanterns had an announced rotating team of Rocha and Ardian Syraf.

As already detailed in DC's September solicitations , Batman #6 will feature fill-in art by Ivan Reis, while Riley Rossmo will draw at least the first part of the "Night of the Monster Men" crossover - Batman #7, giving the regular rotating artists David Finch and Mikel Janin a full month off.

In addition to those creative changes, DC's retailer email also reveals delays across several of the final "New 52" era titles. June 15's Harley Quinn #29 and Suicide Squad Most Wanted: Deadshot/Katana #6 are moved back to June 22, while June 22's Harley's Little Black Book #4 is bumped three weeks back to July 13. Sister title Harley Quinn & Her Gang of Harleys #4, along with Legends of Tomorrow #5, are both pushed from July 13 to July 20. The Hanna-Barbera title Future Quest #2 was also delayed, moving from June 29 to July 6.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:lol: Shock and loving awe right there

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I know Dan. I'm embarrassed for him being in this even if he's not wearing a ridiculous costume.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So they're delaying poo poo no one cares about and bringing in more artists to get the stuff people actually want out on time. I don't see the problem. (Then again I don't really care about the art unless it's so bad it's distracting)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

As long as Batman and Justice Leauge are better than mediocre I'm okay. :shrug:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Is Little Black Book getting cancelled? It's the only good Harley book at this point.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I couldn't watch this, but I also couldn't turn away from it. This is like the dark side of fan films. Man this is terrible on another level and I know hate you for posting this.

I don't actually hate you.....that much

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Rhyno posted:

staring

William STUD

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mister Mind posted:

staring

William STUD

He's also a professional wrestler.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

He's also a professional wrestler.

And yet that is the best he could do with Bane?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

And yet that is the best he could do with Bane?

Dude can't even find a job, this was the best anyone could expect out of it.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
I only lurk these forums but holy hot drat I had to post just to say that fan movie is really bad and that William STUD is really bad at the whole acting thing.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/WilliamSTUD1/status/721864632202371073

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

quote:

Tom King has announced on Word Balloon that Batman #1 has sold around 350,000 copies. This is a massive success for DC and Tom King.

For Comparison (All numbers from Diamond):

Black Panther #1 was previously the best selling issue of the year at around 253,000 copies sold.
DC Universe Rebirth sold around 235,000 copies.
Batman #1 back in 2011 sold 188,000 copies.

http://wethenerdy.com/batman-1-sells-350k-beating-black-panther-for-highest-selling-issue-of-the-year/

So this whole Rebirth thing is gonna make some money.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Dude can't even find a job, this was the best anyone could expect out of it.

Then he's not a professional anything, is he?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rhyno posted:

Why are Bane's lips so wet?! WHY ARE THEY SO WET?!

edit: lmao Roulette typing feverishly at her desktop

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And DC already is having issues with double shipping. Per Newsarama

Wow, I expected they'd get at least six months or so under their belts before it started showing signs of problems. I'm sure they won't learn anything of note from this.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Little Mac posted:

Why are Bane's lips so wet?! WHY ARE THEY SO WET?!

edit: lmao Roulette typing feverishly at her desktop

Every time I try watching it I have to turn it off due to feelings of amusement and shame. I think I figured it out though. It isn't a DC fan film but a WWE movie fan film.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Then he's not a professional anything, is he?

Pro-wrestling, at the level this dude probably does it, is basically something you do and hope the guy running the show gives you a sandwich after your match.
Like a lot of entertainment forms, you have to be REALLY good to make a living at an indie level, or be decent and know the right people to get your foot in at the mainstream brands.

I have not seen this man wrestle, but I suspect he may not be that good. And if he knew someone, he wouldn't be making this film.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Rhyno posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching this with sound. Holy poo poo everything about this is amazing. The musical scores only when nothing in particular is happening, (or fight scenes which get the same bad dubstep score). The random thugs' actors who are noticeably better actors than the named characters' actors (granted, that's not hard and they suck too, but I can at least believe they took a look at their scripts more than 10 seconds before saying their lines). The suburbia as gently caress house where real srs crimes happen.

Also I was barely following the plot, is this a love triangle between Bane, Roulette, and Harley? Because :lol::lol::wtf:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Some of the art is a bit spotty, but I am interested in how this will go. It will be good seeing this team back together.
Uh... who the hell is the redheaded chick. Is that supposed to be Raven? (I read the original TT and there was for sure no plainclothes redheaded chick in it. The rest of them I recognized immediately).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Oracle posted:

Uh... who the hell is the redheaded chick. Is that supposed to be Raven? (I read the original TT and there was for sure no plainclothes redheaded chick in it. The rest of them I recognized immediately).

It's Omen. Raven is in the other Teen Titans book.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
::pant pant wheeze hurghh::

I just wanted to say that I just plowed through like 15 pages of this thread because I haven't had time to keep on top of it and the new post count just kept getting higher and higher and oh god

I'm so far pretty underwhelmed with Rucka's WW because I guess I want it to be literally the best thing out there, and there's really not much to get super jazzed about yet. Still, I Believe In Greg Rucka.

Tomasi/Gleason on Superman should be incredible, those two together are one of the best modern teams in comics. Bless them.

Batman #1 was a delight.

That fan video is prime example number one on just how important friggin' lighting is to a movie. "Eh, just use that lamp over there." If I was involved with that thing I'd have ended myself the moment other people started watching it.
Also, that loving couch at the end. :barf:

Teenage Fansub, I went back to re-read the OP and congratulations on that masterpiece.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 24, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

redbackground posted:

I'm so far pretty underwhelmed with Rucka's WW because I guess I want it to be literally the best thing out there, and there's really not much to get super jazzed about yet. Still, I Believe In Greg Rucka.

Yeah, that's where I am. It's super decompressed storytelling and it'll be telling two stories at once, both of which are devices I'm into, it just means it's not gonna be possible to tell if its good or not until like 2 months from now.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Oracle posted:

Then you didn't read the original TT because she was one of the members for the majority of those books. It's Lilith Clay. The team psychic before Raven.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

It's Omen. Raven is in the other Teen Titans book.
Oh, Lilith. Wow. That's... going way far back. (I never knew her as Omen, that was after I stopped reading.) Also Lilith was never a red-head, I seem to remember her as vaguely gypsy-ish with a gem on her widow's-peaked forehead and dressed in white. Kind of looked like a female Namor.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Oracle posted:

Oh, Lilith. Wow. That's... going way far back. (I never knew her as Omen, that was after I stopped reading.) Also Lilith was never a red-head, I seem to remember her as vaguely gypsy-ish with a gem on her widow's-peaked forehead and dressed in white. Kind of looked like a female Namor.
Nope, that was one of Raven's incarnations. I remember the original five being Speedy, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash and Robin. I must've skipped or blocked the whole Lilith thing from my memory. I remember the name, but I do not remember Gnaark. Its possible I stopped reading because god that's a stupid concept.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Oracle posted:

Nope, that was one of Raven's incarnations. I remember the original five being Speedy, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash and Robin. I must've skipped or blocked the whole Lilith thing from my memory. I remember the name, but I do not remember Gnaark. Its possible I stopped reading because god that's a stupid concept.

I think Gnaark was only in a few issues? And yeah those original 5 are correct, I think - Hawk, Dove, Omen, and Herald joined a little later.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Oracle posted:

She has always been a red head. Her origin has her running away from her foster parents with very clear orangish-red hair. Over the years it's varied between the typical ginger orange up to the classic comic book fire truck red hair.

Oracle posted:

Speedy wasn't actually an original member. It took him till issue #20 iirc to become a semi-permanent member, before that he just made a couple cameos like Beast Boy or whatever. Lilith came on at #25. Garth and Roy left with NTT and Lilith was only a minor member before leaving after awhile. She basically stuck around to help with the famous Trigon arc before loving off for the most part.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

Teenage Fansub, I went back to re-read the OP and congratulations on that masterpiece.

Arigato.