Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Good pickup, that contract is gonna be pretty good in the new economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Unless they're dumping Monta, I don't understand the point of Jeff Teague when you trade away your defensive good floor spacer for basically younger Monta Ellis.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chunkles posted:

Chronic Traumatic Shookitude can increase over time to the point where it becomes progressive and fatal. The player eventually loses all impulse control, becoming shook even in basic situations such as free throw shooting. Also known as Nick Anderson's disease.

God Bless Woj, his hatred for ESPN is a beautiful thing.

e:

Sixers posters, is this guy legit?

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/746034375368794112

Yes

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

The Glumslinger posted:

Good pickup, that contract is gonna be pretty good in the new economy

Getting an actual PF was probably the only way Indy is gonna keep Paul George around.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Young seems like a good compliment to Turner. I like it, although the max player dream now dies before it was going to die anyways.

As for Teague and Ellis, I assume Ellis is gone or the backup now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Getting an actual PF was probably the only way Indy is gonna keep Paul George around.

It seems a bit absurd to start planning a campaign to keep someone who's still under contract for 3 more years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

I like that I used to troll you about him looking amazing, because I now seem super smart in retrospect

Yeah I'll happily cop to taking a L on him. I think I was right about him pre extension when he was really erratic and didn't look like a legit number one option, but he's gone to another level since then and played up to it. He got a lot more consistent as a jump shooter and really improved as a playmaker. If Hood takes another step forward next year I think he, Heyward, and Hill are going to be really good together

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

DeRozan? I feel unpatriotic

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Tae posted:

It seems a bit absurd to start planning a campaign to keep someone who's still under contract for 3 more years.

2 years with a player option.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine he feels any loyalty to Larry Bird.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

2 years with a player option.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine he feels any loyalty to Larry Bird.

PG likes it here, but it would be foolish not to opt out. If the Pacers continue being cheap and don't improve, then yeah I could see him taking less to move on. I would support him and be real mad.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Is there anyone in the world more likely to be shook off Zika than Ayesha Curry?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

PG likes it here, but it would be foolish not to opt out. If the Pacers continue being cheap and don't improve, then yeah I could see him taking less to move on. I would support him and be real mad.

Do you think he will want to stay after the Pacers threw Hibbert under the bus and then traded him, pissed off West so much he gave up $13m, told George to play PF even if he didn't want to, fired Vogel and replaced him with a coach who's nickname is Sarge and then traded Hill?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

*screams at top of lungs* YOU CAN'T USE THE MLE UNLESS YOU"RE OVER THE CAP WHEN FREE AGENCY STARTS!!!!

e: well you can use the $2.725m/2yr one, but that would get you like loving no one.

Pat Riley's rule edging strikes again.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Do you think he will want to stay after the Pacers threw Hibbert under the bus and then traded him, pissed off West so much he gave up $13m, told George to play PF even if he didn't want to, fired Vogel and replaced him with a coach who's nickname is Sarge and then traded Hill?

There is zero chance they didn't consult him before doing any of those things.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Butler off the Bulls? (Developing)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

zelah posted:

To like eight different teams, too

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zelah posted:

are you just posting garbage or do you have a source for this

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don't know anymore.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Melo for Butler who says no?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RCarr posted:

Melo for Butler who says no?

Bulls

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yes yes lets get Butler and Rose back on the same team.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/746060933785542656

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Osbdowncowncksndosndlqnocbdlahmfsjgfajgrsgnrsmhfshtesjgrsjgskhfshdgskrhsjrgsgjdsfmbsbcmsjfbsgjrsjrysmfhzmgfdbmfakthdgndakhfdmhfzmbfxjdgs,hfsjyrdjgdzmhfzfhd

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
is this the draft where it happens. When we actually get crazy rear end poo poo happening at all times

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Andre Roberson is the Thunder's new PF to solve his issue of not being able to shoot

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

PantsFreeZone posted:

over/under number of games the Knicks "Big 3" play together. Setting it at 20.

That's 20 more than your big 3 :D

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

Osbdowncowncksndosndlqnocbdlahmfsjgfajgrsgnrsmhfshtesjgrsjgskhfshdgskrhsjrgsgjdsfmbsbcmsjfbsgjrsjrysmfhzmgfdbmfakthdgndakhfdmhfzmbfxjdgs,hfsjyrdjgdzmhfzfhd

Eh I can't see how that could possibly be true, I mean unless they're pretty sure Durant's leaving but I don't think that's happening either

glowing-fish posted:

I didn't say those things. (If that reply was directed at me).

Nah he was talking poo poo to me, don't worry tho it was a super weak insult whoever it landed on

Yikes. Woulda liked at least a lottery pick for Thad, he's decent.

PantsFreeZone posted:

over/under number of games the Knicks "Big 3" play together. Setting it at 20.

Our big three of Rose, Zingis and Whiteside :D

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Boosh! posted:

That's 20 more than your big 3 :D

:drat:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
trade kanter for other negative assets if you must, presti. leave serge out of your salary mismanagement.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Hmm could be the first interesting narrative piece in the Thunder/Raptors arc if Raptors get him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kawhi confirmed that he's skipping the Olympics

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Please no.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod suicide watch

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/746060933785542656

Haha beaten sorry Metapod

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

dokmo posted:

There is zero chance they didn't consult him before doing any of those things.

It is Larry Bird, noted non-communicator.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There will be a riot for presti's head if serge is traded

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PotatoJudge posted:

It is Larry Bird, noted non-communicator.

He communicates! It's just that he is a huge sourpuss about everything. He was always a jerk to Granger, but has been nice to PG, I think they have a decent relationship.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Kawhi confirmed that he's skipping the Olympics

I'm bummed but glad I don't have to worry about some crappy Paul George situation

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Young is worth way more than #20 in this draft. I feel like he's constantly undervalued. He's been a solid above average player for his whole career and he just turned 28. Good pickup for the Pacers on value in my opinion. They have added Teague and Young to a team that was decent and didn't give up much in return.

----

I'm kind of surprised to see people rush to the defense of Ibaka. He just quietly had his worst non-rookie season ever. Depending on what value you can get for him I don't know why you wouldn't at least entertain trade offers.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Yeah Larry Bird literally told the press "I don't care if PG doesn't want to play power forward"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Yeah Larry Bird literally told the press "I don't care if PG doesn't want to play power forward"

But in the end, PG didn't play power forward and won't now with Young added. I don't see PG leaving with these additions and I don't think PG gave a poo poo what happened to Hibbert after how he played at the end.

• Locked thread