Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lamont posted:

I'm trying to remember a line of toys from around 2007-2008. They were blind packaged DC Comics buildable diorama figures around 3 inches tall and came with additional parts for a mini bust of Darkseid or something like that. Anyone remember the name of the series? I've been googling for half an hour to no avail.

DC Direct's Who's Who Mystery Box Set figurines:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=5786

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

That's the poo poo! Thanks very much!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hasbro's trying to bring out the dreaded nostalgia two-fer by not only trying to resurrect Visionaires, the 13 episode cult classic toy grab show, but also Mighty Muggs, the flash in the pan hit that lasted just long enough to Funko to create their Pops line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They do a new Mighty Mugg every year, ROM was last year.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
And I'd love modern Visionaries and Inhumanoids figures. I keep meaning to get the Inhumanoids monster figures since they are so rad looking. I have no idea why they don't make awesome monster figures like that anymore.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

gregday posted:

It's not like being accurate would have been any more aesthetically pleasing though. I mean

Seriously, who would ever buy that?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

RevKrule posted:

Hasbro's trying to bring out the dreaded nostalgia two-fer by not only trying to resurrect Visionaires, the 13 episode cult classic toy grab show, but also Mighty Muggs, the flash in the pan hit that lasted just long enough to Funko to create their Pops line.

Holy poo poo talk about eerie, I today found out the little robot guy that I have had since childhood was not in the lovely GoBots TV show, but rather in MASK ( Which I still believe was not poo poo ), which while googling for I found Visionaries and remembered that too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Pictures are small, but man the SDCC exclusive Marvel Legends look good. I hope they and the ones from last year show up elsewhere.

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/hasbro-marvel-legends-sdcc-exclusive-revealed

It includes Abomination, Sandman, Spider-Man, Enchantress, Purple Man, and Dreadknight. Looks like Spiderman is the 90s McFarlene design too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This was 50% off on HLJ and I'd been looking at it as an oddity piece for a while. Decided to go for it.

It is ridiculous looking.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

This was 50% off on HLJ and I'd been looking at it as an oddity piece for a while. Decided to go for it.

Post a pic of the vehicle mode?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It's as if Hot Toys or Sideshow decided to make a Cap fig based entirely on the knockoff fig they found at a Dollar Store ten years ago.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I'm not sure why it exists, but I am glad to have its stupid looking rear end in my Cap collection.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I wanted the Venom because I'm a dork for symbiote/Venom toys and when I saw it I was like "ugh".

Not even the Carnage they're doing in the same style is going to make me bite on those things.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Djarum posted:

And I'd love modern Visionaries and Inhumanoids figures. I keep meaning to get the Inhumanoids monster figures since they are so rad looking. I have no idea why they don't make awesome monster figures like that anymore.

I have fond memories of the visionaries toys.

If they'd only remake M.A.S.K. toys, I'd break my ''no unnecessary plastic'' rules.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

NotAnArtist posted:

I have fond memories of the visionaries toys.

If they'd only remake M.A.S.K. toys, I'd break my ''no unnecessary plastic'' rules.

That would be awesome too. One has to think that MASK in particular hasn't come back due to Wal-Mart/Target not having the room or wanting vehicles in their toy sections which sucks. It is why GI Joe has had very limited vehicle releases. I really wish that a real toy store would come around to not only get Toys R Us's rear end back into gear but get a new golden age of toys again. Looking at what was done in the 70s and 80s with the limited manufacturing techniques and technology at the time and what could be done now just bums me out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hasbro is planning on a MASK revival.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rhyno posted:

Hasbro is planning on a MASK revival.

Oh god, my wallet...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Joe Fisto posted:

Did he come with an anime-ish flashy backdrop?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Isn't Hasbro also planning a ROM and Micronauts revival to go along with the MASK, GI Joe and Transformers revivals?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Supposedly the SDCC Marvel Legends exclusive this year is:

Includes Dreadknight, Purple Man, Spider-Man, Abomination, Sandman and Enchantress. A pretty stellar set and explains what Hasbro's been doing with all the villains.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Isn't Hasbro also planning a ROM and Micronauts revival to go along with the MASK, GI Joe and Transformers revivals?

Those are their film plans for their own cinematic universe. The new MASK toys are supposedly going to spin out of the TF line at some point.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Red posted:

Did he come with an anime-ish flashy backdrop?

No but it should've

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Supposedly the SDCC Marvel Legends exclusive this year is:

Includes Dreadknight, Purple Man, Spider-Man, Abomination, Sandman and Enchantress. A pretty stellar set and explains what Hasbro's been doing with all the villains.

I'm confused, are you saying they haven't made enough villain figures?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Every wave has had a pretty solid cast of villains. These aren't the Toybiz days.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

I'm confused, are you saying they haven't made enough villain figures?

I should say specific villains, like Abomination and Enchantress. The Spidey waves have no shortage of villains, that's for sure, but they've also been buffed by numerous iterations of Spider-Man and other spider people. This box set has a Sinister Six tingle to it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

We'll totally be seeing a regular color Sandman BAF down the line probably.

Or not ... Hasbro is weird like that sometimes. RIP Orange Foom.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Rage posted:

Not even the Carnage they're doing in the same style is going to make me bite on those things.

I would be on the Carnage variant in a heartbeat if they would have included some sickle or axe blade hand replacements.

Without those I just don't see the point.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Kinda disappointed in the SDCC exclusive. None of those characters, aside from Purple Man, wouldn't have done perfectly well at retail. I wish the exclusives were more niche.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After getting into JoJo, what are the best figure options for them? I want a Dio and the World to just put on my shelf

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Kinda disappointed in the SDCC exclusive. None of those characters, aside from Purple Man, wouldn't have done perfectly well at retail. I wish the exclusives were more niche.

Yeah I'd like that Sandman, but I have the last release so he may have to do for awhile

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Rirse posted:

After getting into JoJo, what are the best figure options for them? I want a Dio and the World to just put on my shelf

The Super Action Statues are supposed to be really good.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rirse posted:

Super action statues by Medicos, they are pretty great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Shame it's MAFEX.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
That Vader is one of the best I have seen yet. The helmet looks right for a change.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Shame it's MAFEX.

I have the current Mafex Vader and its really really awesome. Some problems with the head rotation but its hands down the best 1/12 Vader out right now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm glad to hear people are having better experiences with MAFEX. I never really forgave them for some of their earlier work, but I may get that Rey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

That Vader is one of the best I have seen yet. The helmet looks right for a change.

I saw the Sideshow Vader at a store and the helmet looks really goofy. If the measurements aren't 100% accurate it looks terrible.

Hot Toys one looks right to me though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That Rey looks awesome, what are the prices usually like on their stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

That Rey looks awesome, what are the prices usually like on their stuff?

~$65

That Rey is gonna be a perfect gift for my sister. She's been looking for a Rey figure that actually looks like Daisy Ridley since the movie came out.