Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzgVYhtwUSw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Pound breaks $1.50 as traders bet on Remain"

Lol. We should do a referendum every loving week.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Actually that's a better link. Updated it in the OP now.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Prorat posted:

Daily terrorists attacks with casualties in the hundreds of thousands for the last 15 years in the name of Catholicism?

Do you really think this is because they are Islamic though? Like, thought experiment: what if everything was the same except instead of Muslim they were all Hindu. Do you really think the ME wouldn't a massive violent shithole?

It's politics and economics, not a bunch of true believers.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Who What Now posted:

At least wait until your side loses before you start making excuses and conspiracy theories.

I specifically didn't mention a side. When I worked for the Electoral Office NI we regularly received batches of hand-delivered postal registration forms delivered by representatives from one political party in particular. Usually they were batches of postal registrations from retirement/nursing homes with all the details meticulously filled out in the same handwriting, then with feeble old-people scrawls in the signature box. The address for the postal vote ballots to be sent to would be the party's constituency office.

And around the deadline for postal vote returns, campaigners for the party would regularly hand-deliver batches of postal votes. It's not fraud per se, just legal abuse of the system.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I will gladly eat your finest Lamb though.

Also make me a pair of socks out of the coat.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
19,322 votes REMAIN for Gibraltar.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

vols bitch posted:

should have let hitler finish the job

US and naziland should have done a tag team on britain for the rest of time

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Do you really think this is because they are Islamic though? Like, thought experiment: what if everything was the same except instead of Muslim they were all Hindu. Do you really think the ME wouldn't a massive violent shithole?

Thought experiment: Let's take Muslims out of their poor economic and political conditions in the Middle East and put them someplace different and prosperous- say Germany or Sweden, and see how they behave.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

tenspott posted:

Thought experiment: Let's take Muslims out of their poor economic and political conditions in the Middle East and put them someplace different and prosperous- say Germany or Sweden, and see how they behave.

Hm yeah because if you put poor as gently caress rural goat farmers into a wealthy environment magically their entire background changes, too.

I'm not saying take a bunch of immigrants, I'm saying stop acting like it's some weirdo religious war like you're from 1300.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Roylicious posted:

religion is a literal mental disorder sorry

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Roylicious posted:

Hm yeah because if you put poor as gently caress rural goat farmers into a wealthy environment magically their entire background changes, too.

italians and irish managed it better and they're barely human

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SSPnRK2Ads

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

I'm not saying take a bunch of immigrants, I'm saying stop acting like it's some weirdo religious war like you're from 1300.

Well what you're actually saying is that muslims are either unable or unwilling to adapt to their environment and conditions. So that means they're either inherently backward and wicked or they are not better than animals, incapable of rational thought. I'll let you pick which one you meant.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I spoiled my ballot

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Chinatown posted:

religion is a literal mental disorder sorry

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RobattoJesus posted:

The biggest problem for British people is that yes they have small houses but then they also fill them full of cheap high-street garbage decorations and gigantic sofas with flowers and massive hairy carpets which means that the average British house is 50% wool which is why all their homes look so small.

I agree with you, but even given how dumb our populace is, our houses are very very small.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...pe-9544450.html

We build the smallest houses in Europe, even smaller than the Netherlands for 2 reasons:

1) One of our main industries is selling overpriced houses to each other at ever-increasing prices each time and basing our lives on the fact they will always increase in value, so pump insane cash into them. This increases GDP, so the government actively encourages it to the point of lending young people money to keep them at as high a value as possible. I sold my last house in just over a year and made £25k on the sale. I couldn't loving believe it....of course solicitor and estate agent fees ate into this, but jesus christ alive.

Compare this to say, Germany, where there are rent controls and an actual pension is your pension, and house prices are more stagnant and stable, and people tend to do more productive work.

2) We already have too many people for the space we have, FACT. Try driving somewhere on a bank holiday for example. But we also have a large, aging population, the NHS needs qualified people and so on....

So what do we do?

My idea : Sorry Grandad, that 5 bedroom house you bought for £5 in 1950 is now being turned into luxury flats, and you are going to have a nice time in the sun in Spain.

It's not like he will remember where he lived anyway.

spud fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 23, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

tenspott posted:

Well what you're actually saying is that muslims are either unable or unwilling to adapt to their environment and conditions. So that means they're either inherently backward and wicked or they are not better than animals, incapable of rational thought. I'll let you pick which one you meant.

lol you're an idiot.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

spud posted:

My idea : Sorry Grandad, that 5 bedroom house you bought for £5 in 1950 is now being turned into luxury flats, and you are going to have a nice time in the sun in Spain.

It's not like he will remember where he lived anyway.

england is full on retard

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vols bitch posted:

GRANDAD WONT KNOW HE HAS ALZHEIMERS

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

lol you're an idiot.

I accept your surrender.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

vols bitch posted:

oh man you have no idea

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i say kill the young

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

maybe like build tall buildings people can live in?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

tenspott posted:

Hello I dont eat meat because of some bullshit reason but my brain still craves it because humans are inherently meat eaters no matter what so allow me to form this random poo poo into meat shapes.

like, fair enough if you've been told not to eat meat for medical reasons or whatever, but if you're a vegetarian for ethical reasons you don't get to eat burgers sausages or bacon anymore, you made your choice get the gently caress out of here with that quorn poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Prettz posted:

maybe like build tall buildings people can live in?

we prefer to knock those down and build huge luxury apartment blocks that no one lives in but change hands between foreign buyers over and over again as the price of the building ticks up

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i eat meat literally every day as i am a fully functioning, normal, adult human.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

like, fair enough if you've been told not to eat meat for medical reasons or whatever, but if you're a vegetarian for ethical reasons you don't get to eat burgers sausages or bacon anymore, you made your choice get the gently caress out of here with that quorn poo poo

A bean burger is only a "meat substitute" because of its shape. If the same ingredients were formed into a C shape it would just be a tasty bean fritter. Would you object to vegetarians eating C-shaped bean fritters?

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009

Roylicious posted:

lol you're an idiot.

you really showed him. you must be a hit on reddit

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Oi right so some daft tossers slagged me off at me mates and then some wanker had me knickers all sussed, innit?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wizard Master posted:

Oi right so some daft tossers slagged me off at me mates and then some wanker had me knickers all sussed, innit?

Reckon we go the pub and have a bite a' the ole spotted hamwank.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Placid Marmot posted:

A bean burger is only a "meat substitute" because of its shape. If the same ingredients were formed into a C shape it would just be a tasty bean fritter. Would you object to vegetarians eating C-shaped bean fritters?

nah because then it's not pretending to be a burger, a thing that is made of meat, unless it's specifically made to resemble the taste/texture of meat, in which case yes, gently caress them

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

we prefer to knock those down and build huge luxury apartment blocks that no one lives in but change hands between foreign buyers over and over again as the price of the building ticks up

Yeah i was working late one night and had the TV on and it was about the super rich buying prime london property, and it was literally only chinese or russian billionaires. The son of an Oligarch spent 45million cash on property in London as "he was looking for investments for the remainder of that years investment budget". He viewed some things in knightsbridge and kensington, and picked a 2 bed apartment and a 3 bed townhouse (read terraced house).

The interviewer asked him if he thought if 1)is this good value as a place to live and 2) if he could live here, and he answered:

1) No, this is not good value for a home, but I think of it as an investment bond. In 10 years it will double in value. Also I get the rent each month which is a good return.
2) No, I would never live somewhere like this, it is too small, it is an investment.

He bought them both. Cash.

Something aint right there.

it was this: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/million-pound-properties

spud fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 24, 2016

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Newcastle upon Tyne voted 50.7% REMAIN

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Orkney Islands 63% REMAIN

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

a hundred boners posted:

you really showed him. you must be a hit on reddit

If you don't understand how taking a bunch of people from the rural Middle East and putting them in a totally alien environment might not work out smoothly regardless of their religion then you're dumb. It has nothing to do with them being too stupid to adapt.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

nah because then it's not pretending to be a burger, a thing that is made of meat, unless it's specifically made to resemble the taste/texture of meat, in which case yes, gently caress them

Bean burgers generally don't try to imitate the taste or texture of cow rectum burgers. You should try one, or a nut cutlet, which is also coincidentally burger-shaped. Maybe quorn products specifically are fake meat, but if you're eating eggs or dairy (quorn contains these) then you're not even making an effort.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junior Jr. posted:

Newcastle upon Tyne voted 50.7% REMAIN

LOL

Nee divvin gan owa

Surprises me it's so close there.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Man United supporters vote to leave, Man City voters vote to remain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Placid Marmot posted:

Bean burgers generally don't try to imitate the taste or texture of cow rectum burgers. You should try one, or a nut cutlet, which is also coincidentally burger-shaped. Maybe quorn products specifically are fake meat, but if you're eating eggs or dairy (quorn contains these) then you're not even making an effort.

I tried Quorn a few times, both burgers and sausages, and both times I got horrific shits....that stuff aint right man.

Ape Fist posted:

Man United supporters vote to leave, Man City voters vote to remain.

:perfect:

• Locked thread