Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Phoenix figures that if they take enough raw big men with TREMENDOUS UPSIDE POTENTIAL one will turn out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

MourningView posted:

huh i actually agree with wilbon

So what happens with the team that drafts them?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But seriously jaylen brown at three when Minnesota wanted Dunn

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

With the 29th pick, the suns select Skal (a bunch of Norwegians start chugging)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dejan Bimble posted:

Your father had to smash a concrete wall to free you from your earthquake collapsed home, now you hhave to attempt to learn how to play basketball while autonomous security droids pepper spray bystanders and the owner constantly airdrops new plays (The Old shaker roll) to the coach's ipad

Hahaha

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

Phoenix figures that if they take enough raw big men with TREMENDOUS UPSIDE POTENTIAL one will turn out.

Its been traded to Sacramento

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

VLADE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Davis going to the Suns would be loving genius but they took the idiot coward Marquese Chriss. GREAT JOB!

he will block your garbo frenchman's shot into the 10th row

Jubs posted:

give em a compensatory pick or something i kinda don't care tbh

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MourningView posted:

I mean they should just make it a rule across the board, not just for one dude
oh yeah, absolutely. and its dumb when theyre also talking about making it minimum 2 years college but not tlaking about this concession.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jalen does not understand trades

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

Your father had to smash a concrete wall to free you from your earthquake collapsed home, now you hhave to attempt to learn how to play basketball while autonomous security droids pepper spray bystanders and the owner constantly airdrops new plays (The Old shaker roll) to the coach's ipad

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Lockback posted:

I don't think any fans are bashing it's just the team took a different direction than expected and no one knows what it means yet. Even if Dunn makes them better, having Rubio on your team is pretty fantastic (and Rubio was really good last year).

It's very easy to see how adding a potentially elite shooter like Murray or Hield would have helped the Wolves, but Dunn is a lot harder to understand. He is a good player, he's a very good defender, and he can finish at the rim, which is something that Rubio can't do. That being said he's been an inconsistent shooter on the floor, he struggles taking care of the ball, and he's a 69% FT shooter. He'll hopefully improve on some of those weaknesses in time, but those are all weaknesses that are going to scare Wolves fans. The Wolves do need better backup PG play, since the offense falls off when Rubio is off the court, so if Dunn can take care of the ball, then he can help there, but long term I can't see Dunn and Rubio co-existing. I don't think Dunn is a bad player, but I just think a shooter would have helped more and this is leading to a scenario where one of Rubio or Dunn is traded in a year or two, which makes the pick feel like more of a lateral move.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jake Pavorsky @JakePavorsky

Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu and Furkan Korkmaz all represented by Euro power agent Misko Raznatovic.

7:44 PM. 23 Jun 16

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh

Did the Kings just draft two centers

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Its been traded to Sacramento
Did the Wolves and Bulls do the thing while I was out? Looks like nothing happened as far as I can tell.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's a shame we fired the FASTER FASTER FASTER guy from our Reno team otherwise we could see Skal chuck up 100 3s a game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

Did the Wolves and Bulls do the thing while I was out? Looks like nothing happened as far as I can tell.

Last trade was the Ibaka trade

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dario Saric, Timothe Luwawu and Furkan Korkmaz all represented by Euro power agent Misko Raznatovic.

misko horny.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It was true, the Spurs really did love Murray. Somehow they were able to say this openly without someone drafting him and trying to extort a pick out of the Spurs for it.

Rick fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 24, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spurs drafting Dejounte Murray so they can teach him how to shoot :( Unfair.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I reealllly hate Murray as a prospect but they'll probably fix his busted rear end jumper and make him good

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It's obvious at this point that the Kings are either a front for a crime syndicate or they just don't give a single gently caress about any of us.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

really like Alex Olah here for the Spurs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers still in on Beverly

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

you can have the team retain the rights like when they go to europe.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
A Melo for Cousins trade would be kind of hilarious. Too bad Melo has a no trade clause.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Vertical really needs to drop the guy on the left of the table (my left). So many lovely white guy takes.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

76ers trying to launder money or something

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the advanced spurs clearly not aware of the hottest NBA Analytic trend hair too goddamn big

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

29% jumpshooter HOT drat

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

straight up brolic posted:

Spurs drafting Dejounte Murray so they can teach him how to shoot :( Unfair.

MourningView posted:

I reealllly hate Murray as a prospect but they'll probably fix his busted rear end jumper and make him good

"Dejounte, I'd like you to meet Chip Engelland"
"It's a pleasure to me-"
"CUT YOUR drat HAIR"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

guys, i really loving miss derrick rose

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
They sold me at 29% jumpshooter with a high turnover rate.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

took way too long with the hat haha

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Spurs just replaced Tony Parkour
It's not fair that they're the only team that can teach shooting

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status/746173771468390400

Oh noooooo :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

guys, i really loving miss derrick rose

I feel you

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

the advanced spurs clearly not aware of the hottest NBA Analytic trend hair too goddamn big

Now we know why Kawhi wears his hair the way he does

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Spurs just replaced Tony Parkour
It's not fair that they're the only team that can teach shooting

step 1, Engelland gets out the clippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WHAT THE SHITFUCK IS THAT PURPLE VELVET SHOES WITH NO SOCKS?!?

• Locked thread