Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Not in my america Obama :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So where does the Oladipo trade leave Waiters? Do they let him go?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

I hope this is just Presti saving face and not serge actually being unhappy and wanting to be traded :smith:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/thunder-try-to-sustain-success-by-calling-unhappy-serge-ibakas-bluff/

More importantly:

"The first thing to understand is that the trade never would have been made if there was a chance it would have affected Durant's decision in free agency; it won't, said a person close to the All-Star and former MVP."

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Niwrad posted:

I think it's a really good trade for the Thunder. Ibaka wasn't that good last year and they got young talents in Oladipo and Sabonis. Ilyasova can stand in the corner and knock down wide open 3's at a better rate than Ibaka.

Team is much deeper now and outside of the Warriors gives Durant the best chance to win over the next few years.

Yeah but it makes them match up worse with the Warriors even if Durant stays. Ibaka let them play that huge switching lineup and it gave GSW fits.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Y'all about to get woke up when Mitch "White American Cheese Hakeem" McGary shows his dominance

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*Kings rush to the podium to draft the 2018 Kentucky PF/C*

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

Y'all about to get woke up when Mitch "White American Cheese Hakeem" McGary shows his dominance

I think Sabonis is basically a younger McGary. Given Mitch's conditioning and really weird multi-week absence near the end of the season, I don't know if he's part of the future.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

leftist heap posted:

So where does the Oladipo trade leave Waiters? Do they let him go?

You would hope so since Waiters is literally a garbage fire

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Libertine posted:

superstar waiters to Dallas

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

I think Sabonis is basically a younger McGary. Given Mitch's conditioning and really weird multi-week absence near the end of the season, I don't know if he's part of the future.

WOKE UP

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

You must not have seen him BALLING OUT OF CONTROL in the 2016 playoffs presented by KIA

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah wasnt Waiters great in the playoffs?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

he was the same player on offense, but he played tenacious defense. Speaking of Dion:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/746191448295383040

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't be assholes fellow nba teams and let us keep Dion for a reasonable price

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tonight's draft could be the high point of the Mavs offseason.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I feel like this guy played at Wichita State for 8 years.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/746197447827808256

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

uhhhhhhhh

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Waiters had some really miserable games in the WCF. IMO his bad games hurt more than his good games helped.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

Waiters had some really miserable games in the WCF. IMO his bad games hurt more than his good games helped.

This is true but when he does good it gets so lit

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

Please don't be assholes fellow nba teams and let us keep Dion for a reasonable price

No. No. No.

You need to be very happy with that trade and push Waiters away. Far away. Far away from Philly too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I said reasonable dammit and I will be upset about this trade till Durant signs a contract with okc

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good lord, the possibility of a mcdermott/valentine/mirotic defense

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I oladipo good?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jimmy Buckets is Going to Rio

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

good lord, the possibility of a mcdermott/valentine/mirotic defense

Calderon too.

Hoiball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gonna get me a buckets usa jersey

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Orlando gave up a lot of stuff to get Ibaka. Wow. Someone over there must really, really like him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Orlando gave up a lot of stuff to get Ibaka. Wow. Someone over there must really, really like him.

Imagine if he walks on them

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

cravius posted:

I oladipo good?

Very good in the context of he's pretty good, OKC + Durant/Westbrook need to win a title now, and it's his contract year.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Very good in the context of he's pretty good, OKC + Durant/Westbrook need to win a title now, and it's his contract year.

He has a year remaining after this upcoming season according to SporTrac. :confused:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What if tonight's Ibaka trade is just step 1 and steps 2 + 3 are sign Dwight + Parsons?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i count 2.5 bulls capable of playing NBA defense: Jimmy, Rolo, Maybe Cristiano Felicio (I believe).

I forgot The Dunleavy elbows the poo poo out of people so that's cool too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

He has a year remaining after this upcoming season according to SporTrac. :confused:

I think that's if he accepts the qualifying offer

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I thought it was an option?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Metapod posted:

Ha, I didn't even know he's in the last year of his contract. Good luck, Orlando.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets are signing Gary Payton II to a three-year deal.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

chunkles posted:

Rockets are signing Gary Payton II to a three-year deal.

Is this really the team that needs an all-defense no-offense point???

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whoa when did phil just say gently caress it and go with the mad scientist gullwing hair door haircut

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

Of course he walks on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Should I finish this Cloverfield movie after 40 minutes invested?

• Locked thread