Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
LAST TICKETS FOR EUROSTAR EVERYONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qo4a_3IeQ&t=27s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KM Scorchio posted:

So democracy doesn't work. Who knew?

Uh, everyone with an IQ over 120? Most people are morons.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Tequila Sunrise posted:

You're kidding, right? All the people I know from Alaska refer to the continental US as "the lower 48" and talk about it like regular Americans talk about South America.

well they say "the lower 48" but not "america"

when i was in britain they would say "the continent" or "Europe" interchangeably to mean someone else

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Tequila Sunrise posted:

You're kidding, right? All the people I know from Alaska refer to the continental US as "the lower 48" and talk about it like regular Americans talk about South America.
Hahahaha, but enough about Sarah Palin's welfare-addicted husband.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMxqcgBhWQ

I'm buying pounds while they're cheap. Britain has been around for over a thousand years and will recover just fine.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsWxkU0g9Z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

Two sides of the same coin, since educated, enlightened people naturally stop having kids humanity will forever be stuck in a state of perpetual stupidity :shobon:

Brexit was inevitable

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Everyone in alaska is a brain-damaged inbred felon mongoloid and so are the people they know.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Congratulations UK! You are now free from such tyranny like... 6 year consumer protection on electrical goods, rather than 1 year! In your face EU-havers!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Alaska is a wild west tundra wasteland.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Sadly they don't burn due to regs.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
alaska is actually a real ice place. you can just kick back and chill with real cool people.

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
to the people of the United Kingdom: you guys are dumb idiots

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Nah, not really. "The lower 48" is at its most basic simply a geographical reference. It in no way way implies political or spiritual detachment. And actual Alaskans don't really use the term very frequently from my experience. It's more likely "Outside" or "down south"

And they (we, tbh), don't use it like regular Americans talk about South America. If you got that impression you're either an idiot or your Alaskan friends are dipshits.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

Alaska is a wild west tundra wasteland.

Brain-dead hicks move there because they get a couple grand in government annuities to live like animals

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Half the time I open this thread the bottom ad is the Fallen London one. Can't wait for the capital to be engulfed by the very earth and drag ashore of the undersea.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

FrankieGoes posted:

your Alaskan friends are dipshits.

Agreed.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

David Copperfield posted:

british people never want to admit they are even part of europe geographically so it's not too surprising. imagine someone in hawaii or alaska saying something like "well we do things differently in America"

Alien as we are to eachother i think most americans see themselves as americans first, except for texas, and would eschew leaving for entirely contrived, retarded reasons, except for Texas, who doesn't understand what a perpetual union is.

I would vote for texas secession

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://twitter.com/jesswilliams_ox/status/746212009838936065

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Well this will be interesting.

If Britain is somehow able to stay in the single market (lol) the economic damage won't be so severe. God knows why the EU would allow that, though; if it happened, I'm pretty sure that other member states would be pushing for the same deal.

What I find most depressing is that I heard the same bogus arguments for leaving being a good thing during the Scottish Independence referendum. It seemed pretty easy to counter them with "your economy will loving tank you idiots". Strange that people this time around believe it will be a mild recession at worst, when conceivably this could be a great depression.

RIP Cameron. Losing EU membership and Scotland is a hell of a legacy.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
lol at all the butthurt brits saying poo poo like "but, TRUMP" like that makes your decision any less stupid

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There is currently a catte at the front door of #10

Stray Cat for Prime Minister of England

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hemophilia posted:

Alien as we are to eachother i think most americans see themselves as americans first, except for texas, and would eschew leaving for entirely contrived, retarded reasons, except for Texas, who doesn't understand what a perpetual union is.

I would vote for texas secession

you havent actually been to texas right

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
cannot wait to visit the Republic of Scotland

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Nah, not really. "The lower 48" is at its most basic simply a geographical reference. It in no way way implies political or spiritual detachment. And actual Alaskans don't really use the term very frequently from my experience. It's more likely "Outside" or "down south"

And they (we, tbh), don't use it like regular Americans talk about South America. If you got that impression you're either an idiot or your Alaskan friends are dipshits.

uh we actually use the lower 48 all the time. where the hell you from

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Crazy Ted posted:

There is currently a catte at the front door of #10

Stray Cat for Prime Minister of England

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

I have literally never not lived here.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

FrankieGoes posted:

The only good thing to come out of your state is Pam Aus's eagle videos. On the other end, is the huge group of people who are with Palin's husband's anti-government militia.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Alaska made sarah palin a thing why do you assholes think you get to do anything ever again for the next 100 years.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
if texas secedes i would be the first to enlist to bring it freedom

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Tequila Sunrise posted:

hawaiians call it the mainland and root for the 9ers thats about the extent of ties

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

David Copperfield posted:

if texas secedes i would be the first to enlist to bring it freedom

I dare ya :clint:

volcultsmer
Dec 18, 2004
I ated the purple berries
To: Americans

You don't want to feel how I do now, so please heed this advice:

No matter how certain you feel a vote is, you should ALWAYS turn out to vote. Old people always turn out in huge numbers to vote; especially if there is the chance of putting the boot into someone. Don't be lazy, because you WILL regret it.

Sincerely,
A former Brit

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
what do puerto ricans call the 48

feller
Jul 5, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

ty for defending our worst state's honor

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Checking in on Lindsay Lohan's twitter to see how she felt about UK leaving for reals.

Let's just say she's taking it well...

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The greatest thing about tonight: I get to see Richard Quest, who was once caught jerking off and choking himself with a belt in Central Park. And he's gay.

There is a gay man into auto-erotic asphyxiation named Dick Quest. This is no coincidence, and 100% proof of a grand design to the universe.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Stuff posted:

what do puerto ricans call the 48

miami or nyc

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Junior Jr. posted:

Now that we are Brexiting the EU for real, I have a confession to make...

I VOTED LEAVE

You have every right to blame me for permanently loving up this country and it's economic future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

volcultsmer posted:

To: Americans

You don't want to feel how I do now, so please heed this advice:

No matter how certain you feel a vote is, you should ALWAYS turn out to vote. Old people always turn out in huge numbers to vote; especially if there is the chance of putting the boot into someone. Don't be lazy, because you WILL regret it.

Sincerely,
A former Brit

I'm counting on it britbong :getin:

• Locked thread