Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

Game of Thrones comic adaptation lookin good

I would've said not enough boobs, but, uh, doesn't look like the She-Devil there is wearing a top, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I would marry that panel.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

POONT

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Pastry of the Year posted:

This being a code-approved book from 1972, I was expecting Shanna to pull the old "let them think you're gonna kill them, then knock them unconscious" routine, but nope, she stood back and coolly watched her leopards end that dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKYpECibw5c

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pastry of the Year posted:

This being a code-approved book from 1972, I was expecting Shanna to pull the old "let them think you're gonna kill them, then knock them unconscious" routine, but nope, she stood back and coolly watched her leopards end that dude.

Shanna the She-Devil #2

Her clothing is made out of leopards, that's a little weird when she's also in charge of leopards. Is it like when when super-villains wear the trophies of their defeated foes? Is Shanna basically the leopard version of Doctor Doom?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Skwirl posted:

Her clothing is made out of leopards, that's a little weird when she's also in charge of leopards. Is it like when when super-villains wear the trophies of their defeated foes? Is Shanna basically the leopard version of Doctor Doom?

Oddly enough, Wikipedia has the answer to that question! The short answer: it's the skin of her leopards' mother, who got shot (not by Shanna), and she started wearing it (a) to help raise the cubs and (b) because, well, if you're a jungle queen, you don't wear denim.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FredMSloniker posted:

Oddly enough, Wikipedia has the answer to that question! The short answer: it's the skin of her leopards' mother, who got shot (not by Shanna), and she started wearing it (a) to help raise the cubs and (b) because, well, if you're a jungle queen, you don't wear denim.

That's gotta be rank as hell if that's the only thing she ever wears.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Gavok posted:

You gotta think you can get more than one skirt out of an entire leopard though. She rotates.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Everyone should watch the Seven Little Super Heroes episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Not only does it have Shanna, but it has Namor unwittingly dive into a swimming pool of alcohol.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That's something I'd wittingly do, and secretly yearn to.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Ka-Zar doesn't seem to mind :heysexy:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

That's what Comic Code Approved strategically-misty waterfall bathing is for.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Garçon I would like to order zee soup...

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, the Bloodstone Hunt storyline is so fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dick Trauma posted:

Garçon I would like to order zee soup...

Batroc is so great when he's cranked up to Maximum French. :allears:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Man, the Bloodstone Hunt storyline is so fun.

:hellyeah:

prefect posted:

Batroc is so great when he's cranked up to Maximum French. :allears:

Batroc is such a great villain. Underrated, but that's probably for the best; overused, he'd probably end up ruined. (Captain America #149, 1972)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What superpowers does Haw Haw Haw have? How good is he at leaping?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Please, Batroc is only the second best Frenchman in comics.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I haven't actually seen or read JoJo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's awful. I'm sorry for your loss.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

Please, Batroc is only the second best Frenchman in comics.

I think you put the wrong picture there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You should check it out. It's rad as hell.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I tried to read volume 4 again recently, but it just wasn't the same without those old lovely translations.

It's pretty awesome seeing it blow up in popularity tho, instead of it being "that one manga Capcom turned into a fighting game".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 29, 2016

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Jojo is a cool comic, especially if you're into brutal dog murder or nazi glorification

edit: I should say that I really dug 98% of Jojo, but the last 2% makes me uneasy about recommending it

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 29, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

PFlats posted:

Jojo is a cool comic, especially if you're into brutal dog murder or nazi glorification
Well, there is that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Armored bullets?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You know, in case someone tries shooting them in midair or slicing them in half.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

WickedHate posted:

You know, in case someone tries shooting them in midair or slicing them in half.

Ridiculous. The only way to stop someone shooting a bullet is to give the bullet a gun.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Said glorious nazi did inspire Capcom to give that haircut to an all American hero who told foreigners to go home and be a family man. Of course I'm talking about Street Fighter II's Guile.

Later they went a step further and just copied an entire character (Street Fighter Alpha's Rose).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jojo is fantastic. I just wish the translation was a little more consistent, it's really annoying how they'll translate things one way (ACDC, Cars, ect) and then try to skirt around it the very next episode (Aseedecee, ect). This may just be me only being able to find lovely fan-translations, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Jojo is fantastic. I just wish the translation was a little more consistent, it's really annoying how they'll translate things one way (ACDC, Cars, ect) and then try to skirt around it the very next episode (Aseedecee, ect). This may just be me only being able to find lovely fan-translations, though.

Crunchyroll's official subs are just as quirky.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The quirky names are almost certainly because of licensing issues and any time it ins't translated that way is due to someone missing a change or there being something they can't edit.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, I know, it's just hilarious. In the video game Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap became Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What a beautiful Duwang

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Ridiculous. The only way to stop someone shooting a bullet is to give the bullet a gun.
I'm sure there's many Mario Maker levels featuring giant Bullet Bills with little Bullet Bill launchers attached.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mierenneuker posted:

Said glorious nazi did inspire Capcom to give that haircut to an all American hero who told foreigners to go home and be a family man. Of course I'm talking about Street Fighter II's Guile.

Later they went a step further and just copied an entire character (Street Fighter Alpha's Rose).

They also based Dynamo from Mega Man X on Hol Horse.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

If you're going to read Jojo, for the love of God, start with Stardust Crusaders. Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are good in their own ways but you really need to get a barometer on how stupid everything is going to be before you get to the dog murder and the Nazi admiration.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What if I just wanna watch jojo? Is that okay? Or is the comic a lot better than she show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LordSaturn posted:

If you're going to read Jojo, for the love of God, start with Stardust Crusaders. Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are good in their own ways but you really need to get a barometer on how stupid everything is going to be before you get to the dog murder and the Nazi admiration.

A living nazi cyborg weapon died on the streets of Stalingrad and was praised for his loyalty to Germany and fealty to his leader.