Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Ooooh, those are some good-lookin' bugs!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

Speed Painting Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Classic Thrud, tried to paint this in a rough comic book style. It's also Speed Painted and follows Box Art (see below quote).

Tarzan, Jane and their pet Mini-Rex out for a family stroll.

Space Princesses of various kinds. I went with the classic sci-fi show method of 'weird skin colour makeup = alien' on some of them.

Meganob and Brutes, yet more fodder for my Waaagh Demons (Demon Prince and Possessed respectively). I may go back and put some 'binding sigils' and the like on the armour but I'm happy with them for now.

Big gribbly basilisk, with tree frog inspired colour scheme. The pics don't show it off well but he's glossy IRL.

Zark the Damned posted:

Also, an interim update, I speed painted Thrud (I'll include this in the completion post too):

I was going for box art too, however that model is no longer available on the Heresy Website, so I took a pic of the advert from the back of the last comic. Hope that counts!

In addition to Speed Painting and Box Art I'm claiming the Jurnal for the relaxing princesses plus the sheer amount of skin on display for most of my entry.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the rest of June

1 Karnedge Gorefathom, Karkarion Boss by Reaper Minis (25mm)

The Scotch is for drinking, though :beerpal:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Unusually late in the month to be oathing for me but here goes.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of June, Mercs Set 1 for the Batman Miniature Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, Oath to assemble and paint 10 Gretchin and one Runtherd, by Games Workshop.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June, the four starting survivors from the Kingdom Death: Monster boardgame

you make the theme showing skin, someone's gonna bring out the KD. On the bright side, these ones are relatively clothed!

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
I, Radio Free Walrus, Oath for the month of June two undead Ogre/Troll monsters from the Mantic: Dungeon Saga Boardgame

This is kind of a late post, I actually meant to post this up on Saturday but the weekend got way, way away from me.
If this isn't an acceptable oath let me know, I have 80% of this box unpainted and that really needs to change. Heck, I have 80% of many boxes unpainted.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH ADDITION! I additionally oath these 20x GW Dark Elf shields (1999 version)

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
This was my Oath:

This is only my second Oath month, and I thought this was a ton of painting and was worried I wouldn't get it all done, but I was bored and spent a lot of the first two weeks hunched over my models, so:
OATH COMPLETE!!!

And, I won't be making any further updates; the rest of my month is a mess!

From Bottom Left, Clockwise:
Sniper Drone Team:

Crisis Suits: #Squadgoals?

and Challenge: Summer’s here! Time to relax...
Backstory:
Ol' Redeye Johnny was tired after a long morning of shootin' stuff. He finally had a chance to sit down in some shade and get some shuteye.

Cap'n Jumpy Pants rolled by, "HEY BUDDY LET'S GO LET'S GO SHOOT SOME STUFF!

Redeye replied, "Woah man, Jes' Chillin' here on my favourite rock. You want me to do what? Naw eff that. It's cool I'll stay here. You guys go have fun."

Jumpy Pants took off, Leaping away to the action.
Redeye stayed there, on his rock, for days.

Stealth Suits:

Kitbashed/Scratch Spore

Tyranid Prime with Very Silly Miasma Cannon

Teenage Swarmlord (Missed upper body day; overcompensates with his codpiece)

Also, Speed Painting!

Warriors

This is a massive post. Am I doing it wrong format-wise? How do people do those red border thumbnails that expand in-line?

e: vv Thanks! vv Also, cranked up the contrast on everything, colours look proper bright now.
so to reiterate: Speed Painting, #Squadgoals, #backstory, #Challenge (June),

Nichol fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 22, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Don't worry about the post, we have long posts quite often. Possibly reiterate achievements and jurnal at the end to make them harder to miss when they're added to the spreadsheet.

The image thing is done using timg instead of img in the tags. You can see the format by quoting a post with images.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Oath Complete!

I will take some better photos for the painting thread tonight. Also, claiming #squadgoals

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

I am claiming the June Theme Challenge for this guy, 'cause he's just chillin. Pay no attention to the huge knife, he's not threatening in any way. Promise.

And I'm claiming Box Art for this guy. I ain't no Angel Giraldez, but we've all gotta start somewhere, right?

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

Aaaand I already finished it:

Going for the monthly challenge (either of them, I figure), and the Speed Painting achievement

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Oh, well this is embarrassing. I have come to claim oath complete but it appears I never posted the oath, just took pictures.

My original oath picture taken back on the 4th is this:

For 3 Black Scorpion Miniatures Elf players (28mm)

Plus saving the whales for last months failed oath:

BobFish posted:

As it's been a busy month just a colour test mini this time.

I, BobFish, oath one 28mm Elf Lineman by Black Scorpion Miniatures

Completed images:

I leave it at the threads mercy whether I deserve to have a completed oath and saved whales this month.

Ninja edit: Also the blitzer is relaxed for the monthly theme. No, thats a yawn not a scream!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oath Complete!

Still using my bastarding mobile phone, but pics are pics, here ya go

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, declare this Oath for the month of June Complete!

These Croak Hunters only took 2 years to be painted but It's a Rescue!

This unit of Croak Raiders should fill the requirements for #SquadGoals and this month's Technical Challenge with their bare greenish skin.

Then again, the dude being sacrificed on this alter looks pretty relaxed to me...

I also painted this guy for a friend but he isn't an oathed model.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Ruling on the below model counting as 50% skin? If not I'll probably just paint Zara here and one other model that fits better anyway but time is starting to get tight for me for the month so I thought I would check.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I... err, just want to warn that I'm probably going to let my Oath lapse. I just got dumped, among other really awful crap, and I don't think I'll be in the mood for painting. Not a guarantee though.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! one Zara the slayer.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for June 35 phr units for dropzone commander. will definitely do an addition to hit the theme for the month but starting here.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I, Ledgem, hereby Oath for the month of June, two Reaper Bones monsters; a Naga and a Drider!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Technical Challenge since the grot are wearing basically only loincloths.

Also claiming #squad goals

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 24, 2016

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So I actually took my Oath Complete picture several days ago but have been dragging my feet on actually posting it. I should probably fix that.

OATH COMPLETE!

Challenge - These zombies have been stripped to the waist and are ready to show off their lovely rotting flesh. I might think twice about actually taking them to the beach-- neither the baking hot sun or pounding surf play well with rotting corpses, generally-- but they're certainly dressed for it.

#SquadGoals - might as well claim this just in case I don't get another good chance.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Meant to put this up earlier.
I, wdarkk, Oath two Dropzone Commander PHR Helios skimmers for the month of June (10mm, Resin).

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

Relaxed Pose Jurnul:

Box Art!

I Rolled a 6!

Spring Cleaning!

(Link to version that you can zoom in and actually read the date)

Speed Painting!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Imperial Knight (Epic 40k)

Imperial Thunderbolt Fighters and Marauder Bombers (Epic 40k)

Dark Elf Spearmen (WHFB 4e/5e)

Dark Elf Witch Elves (WHFB 4e/5e)

I'd like to claim this month's JURNAL for the Witch Elves - Granted they're mostly hair, but there's still more skin than clothes on a number of them.

I'd also like to claim BOX ART for the knight, who I've painted in the liverly of House Lakar (as presented in this ancient issue of White Dwarf).

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Blurry phone pic to show I'm still working on this. Most of the basecoating was finished and I got the cloaks done, so I got those and the shoulders glued into place so I can have a good look at where the shadows and highlights should be.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Oath Complete

Pretty pleased with how she turned out. But I might need a camera better than my phone, it takes garbage photos.

Claiming the relaxed pose JURNAL and BOX ART for good measure too:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm in debate mode on whether I oath one more model to paint over this week, or wait and do more next week. hmm

Keep up the painting too thread!

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007

LewdMonocle posted:

A little more ambitious this month. I, LewdMonocle Oath 6 ArenaRex dudes(32mm), 4 PrivateerPress 28mm, and 2 frostgrave models 28mm

Oath Complete!

Claiming Technical challenge: skin and Theme challenge: relaxing on the dude with the shovel.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I oath, for the month of June, Jaq, Kraken and Salt, from the Fishermen for Guild Ball

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition
8 Dwarven riflemen from Avatars of War (28mm)

Oath Complete!

For the theme challenge, Jaq and Salt are just here, chilling.

I'd also like to claim #SquadGoals for the dwarfs, them being a squad and all. (A Troop, technically).

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Pash posted:

Oath Completed!

Relaxed Pose Jurnul:

Box Art!

I Rolled a 6!

Spring Cleaning!

(Link to version that you can zoom in and actually read the date)

Speed Painting!

Hey I forgot to include Squad goal for this.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

As a heads up, judgements are now finished for Season 6 - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=53#lastpost

If you participated, please take the chance to double check your points and achievements etc. in the spreadsheet, and stand by for the final Grand Prize drawing :D

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yup never gonna have time to finish an oath this month. Roll on July.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I for sure am failing this month's oath. I only managed to get 1 model completely done, and some on 2 others. The other 4 fell in the cracks.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

A small oath this month but I'm pleased with the results.

Claiming for Ted Hunter Themed Challenge - Relaxed Pose because drat this mercenary is just chillin' here with a big shotgun waiting for that Bat-freak to try something:

Now Mohawk here doesn't qualify me for any actual bonus points, but there was a moment of inspiration after I decided to try my hand at African skin tones and opted to do the hair peroxide blonde... 'Credit' to my wife for this one!

#sorrynotsorry :P

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
OATH COMPETE!

I'd like to claim Resting pose for Lucias in the center there.

You wanted skin? have hot green alien skin! The Avenger is ready to take to the pitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath complete! claiming the theme challenge for Zara the slayer who is both scantily clad and relaxing by playing some blood bowl instead of her usual slaying activities. My place is in disarray right now so I had to forgo the light box for photos this month.

• Locked thread