Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

return to season 3 NEEDED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
we want to see faker be faker again instead of playing lemonnation's karma comps

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

return to season 3 NEEDED

Honestly season 4 was pretty great too.

I mean I like league as it is, but I do think seasons 3 and 4 were my favorite metas.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i had better get my kassadin games in before pro play ruins him again

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
loving yamato cannon lmao

also krepo WOULD be the kind of person to say jif instead of gif

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

loving yamato cannon lmao

also krepo WOULD be the kind of person to say jif instead of gif

he pronounced hyperbole as 'hyper bowl' earlier haha

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
what the hell is krepo wearing

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
YamatoCannon: a hawaiian clown

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Everything but the return of the assassin meta.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

henkman posted:

what the hell is krepo wearing

I think he somehow stole Seraph's (from The Matrix Reloaded) clothes

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought we were reaching the lighthearted part of the post game analysis with Deficio talking about circle jerks but instead it's Febiven's journey of infinite sadness.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Say what you want about xpeke but there has to be some kind of skill involved to not accidentally get at least one kill as an ADC in a 70+ minute game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

what happened to the perkz from last split man :gonk:

he has almost as many player of the games this split as gillius, and he's better than faker, i don't know what you want

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://gamurs.com/articles/china-is-the-inconvenient-truth-of-western-lol

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Will this guy be satisfied if I just think both sides are total scrublords

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think China is better at the game but i generally choose to skip low video quality streams

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am now degenerate enough that i watch lspl

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Is anyone really saying anything about EU/NA other then laughing at EU imploding after the spring split and the reigning NA/MSI champs being bottom of the barrel while a rebuilding C9 and an NV team that was formed just weeks before the summer split currently sit near the top of the standings? I feel like this guy is just making up a strawman to argue with.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yes? And also why would anyone make up a strawman to argue about one of the least popular regions.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm sorry that they feel aggrieved but "Chinese team meets expectations at MSI" isn't as compelling a story as "NA team of misfit toys beats Korean team/reaches international finals for the time time ever"

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Having just watched FNC vs. OG game 2 I guess I'm just baffled at the idea that anyone can look at EU and think that they're good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The response to that article is certainly interesting.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Shut league down till everyone agrees that NA is the best region, with the coolest players.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crazy Larry posted:

Is anyone really saying anything about EU/NA other then laughing at EU imploding after the spring split and the reigning NA/MSI champs being bottom of the barrel while a rebuilding C9 and an NV team that was formed just weeks before the summer split currently sit near the top of the standings? I feel like this guy is just making up a strawman to argue with.

To be fair, NV did pick up 3/5 players from Renegades.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 24, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Crazy Larry posted:

Having just watched FNC vs. OG game 2 I guess I'm just baffled at the idea that anyone can look at EU and think that they're good.

I just watched highlights of all the days games and it only took me like 30 minutes total and my ultimate takeaway was:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
poor bless, thats a saintvicious smite if ive ever seen one
https://clips.twitch.tv/lck1/GentleTermiteArgieB8

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If all the Koreans had gone to SEA then SEA would be the second best region in the world. If all the Samsung and KT players had gone to NA then maybe NA would be better who knows, all NA got in the way of World Champions was Piglet who was so notoriously hard to work with in Korea he couldn't find a team the season after becoming a World Champion and Impact, which most teams still haven't figured out how to use.

China is a strong region but they've never been as close as people are claiming to ever beating Samsung White or SKT in the finals. It looks like China might finally have their poo poo together but let's see if it lasts until World's or if the pre-Championship drama comes back to plague the region again. Honestly hoping that China can pull together KT and Samsung teams next season without Riot stopping them just so I can see another region stand a chance.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
EDG did beat SKT in the finals last year, just the finals of MSI instead of Worlds. The region deserves some credit.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
people go way too nuts on the LMS. they have two good teams.

i think the stuff with china is the same as what happens with the LCS regions. fans hype them up far too much until they can't possibly match expectations and then they get called over-rated.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
OMG beating Naijin White Shield is the only instance of a Korean team getting knocked out by another region at World's in the modern era, with MVP Ozone just getting super cocky and beating themselves out because they refused to practice for group stages and just lost (Which is almost moot since they won a championship anyway)

If we took MSI into consideration for how powerful teams were than we'd have to claim that every NA team that's beaten CLG a top 10 in the world team. There's a lot of teams that can look good for a while and then collapse before World's (Jin Air) and there's a lot of teams that can coast all season and then win championships (SKT and SSW) so using MSI as a gauge as to who the strongest teams are isn't really that great because there wasn't a whole lot on the line.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

people go way too nuts on the LMS. they have two good teams.

i think the stuff with china is the same as what happens with the LCS regions. fans hype them up far too much until they can't possibly match expectations and then they get called over-rated.

Well the problem is that they did poorly for one small stretch ever and people are shouting about how they've never been good, or saying poo poo like "they're only the second best region because or korean imports" ignoring say, the really good season 3 royal club

edit: i think the article covered it pretty well so i am not going to really bother.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 24, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The only reason Royal Club made it to Finals in Season 3 is because SKT knocked out Black Sword the bracket before. Royal had the easiest path to the finals, all they had to play against were another Chinese team and FNatic.

The fact that Black Sword took SKT to 5 games and Royal got swept should be a big indicator there, boss. China has been the second-best region from Season 3 onward but their best teams are still struggling to beat the third and forth best Korean teams.

I'll give China props if they manage to beat SKT or ROX in brackets at World's. I will not give China props if their Season 7 teams consist of Samsung White and Blue with former SKT and KT pros filling in the gaps.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 24, 2016

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

RealFoxy posted:

I'll give China props if they manage to beat SKT or ROX in brackets at World's. I will not give China props if their Season 7 teams consist of Samsung White and Blue with former SKT and KT pros filling in the gaps.

lmao aren't you the one who keeps talking about how much you want China to re-assemble the decaying corpse of SSW, as if that would even be a good idea anymore? At this point you're just being contrary.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wol posted:

lmao aren't you the one who keeps talking about how much you want China to re-assemble the decaying corpse of SSW, as if that would even be a good idea anymore? At this point you're just being contrary.
No, I love SSW but it's not really a Chinese team if it's full of Korean players and staff, is it? China wouldn't be overcoming the odds to win World's anymore than NA would have if LMQ had won.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

China is a strong region but they've never been as close as people are claiming to ever beating Samsung White or SKT in the finals.

True, but those are literally the two strongest LoL teams of all time. EDG at its best was a solid #3 to those teams IMO. (Or maybe EDG/KT at it best for #3 all time, either way it's close).

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
everyone just thinks their fav region is the second best. it doesn't really matter though cause we all get ruined unreal hard by korea anyway

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The guy that wrote that articles favorite region is NA :>

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rookie on Taliyah again boys :unsmigghh:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Rookie on Taliyah again boys :unsmigghh:

He won! Looks pretty okay, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He had good games in both of his prior Taliyah games and is absolutely not the reason his team lost, I was worried he wouldn't play her anymore.

• Locked thread