Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
scottish is like when america said gently caress you to england and changed "colour" to "color", except to a massive extreme, changing "sweet rear end" to "dat nanch gut-batt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

A Tartan Tory posted:

For those Americans wondering why this triggers a second independence referendum! :allears:

what the gently caress am I looking at, there's like nine colors here and no legend

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Yolomon Wayne posted:

As a fellow european, i am toying with the idea of buying british pounds... on the other hand its possibly tanking even more, whats your predictions?

Theres no actual reason for them to tank. Its just panic/punishment. Itll be back to normal in less than a month

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

SurfaceDetail posted:

Theres no actual reason for them to tank. Its just panic/punishment. Itll be back to normal in less than a month

So better buy now while theyre at a panic-induced low and sell them when everyone realizes nothings gonna fucken change?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

what the gently caress am I looking at, there's like nine colors here and no legend

For the EU referendum, yellow is in, blue is out.

For the general election, SNP is yellow, blue is conservative, Red is labour, orange is lib dem. All you need to know really.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

OMGVBFLOL posted:

srsly smh

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

A Tartan Tory posted:

For the EU referendum, yellow is in, blue is out.

For the general election, SNP is yellow, blue is conservative, Red is labour, orange is lib dem. All you need to know really.

im guessing the green in NI is probably sinn fein but whats the green blobs in wales

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

As an Irishman , lemme say gently caress you Britain. You get what you deserve.

please don't make us take back NI

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So better buy now while theyre at a panic-induced low and sell them when everyone realizes nothings gonna fucken change?

Thats the plan. I dont really do currency trading though personally. Will be stock shopping today if the markets dip significantly too

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

im guessing the green in NI is probably sinn fein but whats the green blobs in wales

Plaid Cymru, the Welsh Independence Party.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

From the Telegraph financial section:

More than £1.5 trillion is expected to be wiped off world stocks today as the Brexit bloodbath sends global stock markets into free fall.

Global stocks are now poised for their worst daily loss ever.

In just three hours of trading, the FTSE 100 has lost 4.4pc, with some £73bn wiped off the value of Britain's biggest companies.

Meanwhile, European bourses are also reeling from the shock result. Frankfurt's DAX is down 7.3pc and the CAC in Paris has fallen 8.7pc.

The referendum outcome hit Greek stocks hardest, with the country's benchmark index plunging 15.3pc.

In the US, stocks futures are tanking in pre-market trading. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq futures are both off by 3.6pc and the Dow Jones has tumbled 2.8pc.

This makes the claims of the leave-side even more ludicrous. I thought you said nothing bad would happen guys?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

spudsbuckley posted:

More than £1.5 trillion is expected to be wiped off world stocks today as the Brexit bloodbath sends global stock markets into free fall.

In just three hours of trading, the FTSE 100 has lost 4.4pc, with some £73bn wiped off the value of Britain's biggest companies.

Meanwhile, European bourses are also reeling from the shock result. Frankfurt's DAX is down 7.3pc and the CAC in Paris has fallen 8.7pc.

The referendum outcome hit Greek stocks hardest, with the country's benchmark index plunging 15.3pc.

In the US, stocks futures are tanking in pre-market trading. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq futures are both off by 3.6pc and the Dow Jones has tumbled 2.8pc.

This makes the claims of the leave-side even more ludicrous. I thought you said nothing bad would happen guys?

You realize its entirely self inflicted right. Bankers were on the remain side and the rhetoric was so hyped they paniced when they lost

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Scotland is a sinking ship full of uneducated alcoholics, and the sooner we're rid of it the sooner we can Make Britain Great again.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

When has America ever been mean to Congo?

You mean besides the assassination of Patrice Lumumba, their first democratically elected prime minister?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

But England gets to make its own laws now, don't you see!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sassassin posted:

Scotland is a sinking ship full of uneducated alcoholics, and the sooner we're rid of it the sooner we can Make Britain Great again.

dont they have all the nukes and the oil :ohdear:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SurfaceDetail posted:

You realize its entirely self inflicted right.

Yes, the British voters inflicted this on themselves

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

sassassin posted:

Woah woah woah, I'm not uneducated.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

SurfaceDetail posted:

You realize its entirely self inflicted right. Bankers were on the remain side and the rhetoric was so hyped they paniced when they lost

Self inflicted by 27% of the population, the vast majority of them over 45 years old

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yes Granny, it's you who will suffer as a result of this :fuckoff:

:banjo:

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
The KGB's finest win in Britain since the Labour Party

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

i think i've seen this movie before. is this the one where the guy with the mask stabs a lot of fascist british people?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Tartan Tory posted:

So proud of Scotland right now.

Literally talking in front of an EU flag.

Jimmy Kranky did good..Now get your free meds for heroin addiction and irn bru.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

FrankieGoes posted:

Lookit this guy, "OMG I gotta drive all the way across town to get to one of the two Best Buys I'm a real Alaskan cause my dad took me to the Bush Company"

i'm not from anchorage and holy lol i say "the bush" and you immediately think the loving strip club? ahahahaha god drat

look you were too loving soft to even survive alaska in its most metro area and you know what that's a-ok buddy. i've seen outsiders leave in the middle of their first winter and their is no shame in that(to other outsiders) but next time you feel like speaking for us because you barely dipped your toe here maybe don't because, and it seriously pains me to say this, palin is more alaskan than you could ever dream to be and she is fake as poo poo.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Beef posted:

You mean besides the assassination of Patrice Lumumba, their first democratically elected prime minister?

I mean really mean.
Killing off one guy is basically the wet willy of US foreign policy.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
neoliberalism destroys the working and middle classes, grinding people into poverty, which gives rise to xenophobia and right/left wing extermism. it is something the progressive and new deal generations spent their lives guarding against with labor, consumer and enviromental protections. and neoliberals have spent their lives dismanteling or circumventing those protections. and now people are suprised by the outcome? as economic disparity gets worse, social unrest and political extremism will get worse - it is guaranteed to happen, there is no escaping it. neoliberalism is a socially, enviromentally and democratically unsustainable ideology.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lmbo oh no my stocks

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Tartan Tory posted:

For those Americans wondering why this triggers a second independence referendum! :allears:

We just need to ship around 10-20million from England to Scotland and then let them run a new referendum.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

"I dont wanna sound racist, but"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i invested everything in migrant crime and now im a ruined man

i hope you rot in hell britain :qq: :qq:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So what's the summary of events beyond "Scotland Independence vote Highly Likely" and "David Cameron abandons ship" that I missed? I'm too drat lazy to read 400 posts before going to work.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I don;t know how to embed a tweet but Chris Hayes said on Twitter that it really sucks that politics is now just about cosmopolitan finance capitalism versus enthno-nationalism and I thought that was pretty on-point

you what could have prevented this? a left that gave a gently caress about the working class.

Just wait until we elect Trump, the US and the UK are gonna smash the gently caress out of the comfortable class neoliberal elite and burn this motherfucker down

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Britain was the greatest when it wasn't part of the EU. Victorians conquered the Globe. Why wouldn't you want to be closer to that than servants of the EU ?

The Duke of Wellington didn't win a brilliant victory at Waterloo just so you can achieve Napoleon's dream 100 years later.

How much did the EU bugled migration response contribute to this result ?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

City of Tampa posted:

I don;t know how to embed a tweet

Just use the [url] tag. HTTPS will break embedding, so just delete the S if it pops up.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Rebuild Hadrian's Wall, make Scotland great again.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
hahaha this is all amazing we killed global finance gj brittan

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

reallivedinosaur posted:

lmbo oh no my stocks

:qq: my imaginary money is getting pushed around for a few weeks!

:qq: the wealthy elite said it would be bad and now look what they're doing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spudsbuckley posted:

And I thought the UK was an irrelevance.

BOOM! :boom:

• Locked thread