Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

THE PWNER posted:

says the liberal of no conviction or action ever in his life from his inherited middle class room while actual leftists successfully agitate for change the world over. lol if you think generic internet tankies represent the left at all

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
"The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has courted growing anti-immigrant opinion in Germany by claiming the country's attempts to create a multicultural society have "utterly failed".

Speaking to a meeting of young members of her Christian Democratic Union party, Merkel said the idea of people from different cultural backgrounds living happily "side by side" did not work."

This was in 2010. Why did she pretend it was different last year ??

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

THE PWNER posted:

says the liberal of no conviction or action ever in his life from his inherited middle class room while actual leftists successfully agitate for change the world over.

leftists agitate for change then totally lose control of what exactly the change will be and after it turns out to be something they didn't want they make passive aggressive posts about it on twitter

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

weren't internet leftists constantly whining about cameron anyway

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Decebal posted:

This was in 2010. Why did she pretend it was different last year ??

because she's a politician and one of the specific breed of politician that lacks any kind of actual ideology but really, really wants to be the leader

she said that because she thought it was what people wanted to hear and whatever she's saying now is whatever she thinks people want to hear, and she hopes that nobody will actually remember or care that it's not the same thing she said before

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
RIP Dow Jones ;_;7

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dow ate 2.5% of poo poo right away!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Agitating, being cantankerous in public while doing weird yippie performance art to make your point in public, being utterly unwilling to speak on terms that make sense to anyone outside your little sphere that not only alienates people from joining you, actively causes schisms, and tons of other whack tendencies just makes people screw their face up and hate leftism. Thanks western revolutionaries for you're sacrifices.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
good job idiots

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Morgan Stanley already talking about moving 2000 jobs from London to either Dublin or Frankfurt according to the BBC.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
buying gold on craigslist

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holy gently caress, look at the market plunge

feller
Jul 5, 2006

THE PWNER posted:

I actually think there should be a temporary, mutually beneficial alliance between the right and the left where we purge every loving liberal.

Liberals are the only thing stopping the right from beating up us lefties and taking our lunch money. We need their distraction

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

cock hero flux posted:

because she's a politician and one of the specific breed of politician that lacks any kind of actual ideology but really, really wants to be the leader

she said that because she thought it was what people wanted to hear and whatever she's saying now is whatever she thinks people want to hear, and she hopes that nobody will actually remember or care that it's not the same thing she said before

wow that sounds like just like some other prominent politician over here in murika

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

Holy gently caress, look at the market plunge

It's actually not too bad. Taking it pretty well. Good buying opportunity right about now.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Tautologicus posted:

I'd wait till Monday, it's going to be total volatile bedlam today. No one knows which way is up.

But if you don't listen, tell the thread what you bought!

up is the only way because nothing major actually happened today at all

at least until October

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

Agitating, being cantankerous in public while doing weird yippie performance art to make your point in public, being utterly unwilling to speak on terms that make sense to anyone outside your little sphere that not only alienates people from joining you, actively causes schisms, and tons of other whack tendencies just makes people screw their face up and hate leftism. Thanks western revolutionaries for you're sacrifices.

this plus they also openly hate the working class yet still expect their support

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
This is the first time I've ever watched Bloomberg TV and I work in the Financial Sector.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
wow so many racists in britain! what a poo poo country!

Jreedy88
Jun 26, 2005
thirty4

Give Pat a Job posted:

This is the first time I've ever watched Bloomberg TV and I work in the Financial Sector.

Precisely. First time I've tuned to it on purpose ever and I work at a trading firm.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

rezatahs posted:

wow that sounds like just like some other prominent politician over here in murika

you find them everywhere and counterintuitively this new era of everything everyone says being recorded and permanently available for review seems to doing really well for them

I guess it's because in this era everyone will eventually be caught saying something stupid or contradicting things they said earlier and while other politicians will rationalize or attempt to explain what they said, and sound stupid doing it, this kind instead just steadfastly pretends that they never said it and totally ignores and refuses to engage any attempt to call them out on it

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

/wipes billions off of share prices of UK companies

/sends pound to lowest level in 30 years

/loses 2000 jobs on London so far

"Your move, Europe!" :smugface:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lol France just overtook the UK as the world's 5th largest economy

How do they even internalise that?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
President Trump's going to conquer Great Britain

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

spudsbuckley posted:

/wipes billions off of share prices of UK companies

/sends pound to lowest level in 30 years

/loses 2000 jobs on London so far

"Your move, Europe!" :smugface:

/the working class called the financial elite's bluff and this is their temper tantrum

/everything's back to normal in six months

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's kind of amazing to see British leftists unhappy that all the investment bankers are going to leave

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

hemophilia posted:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Who will he give it to?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
ever hear the phrase "make the economy scream" (coined by Nixon) well that's what the elites do when they are mad, they can;t keep this up for too long because it hurts them too

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Who will he give it to?

X giving it to EU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
When Trump wins in November the same thing is gonna happen, the stock market will go down and the media will unanimously chide the poor and working class for not just accepting the financial industry as our rightful monarchs

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

it's hilarious that people are going to leavers and saying i told you so about the economy when it's abundantly clear that none of them gave a poo poo about it at all and the leave campaign's bit on the economy boiled down "it'll probably be fine, who cares"

like they're still going to be banging on about "no look at these stock prices and the currency exchange, don't you feel bad" even when Nigel Farage's first act as PM is to defund the NHS and use the money to erect a giant billboard saying "gently caress you" in all the EU languages and point it at brussels

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

City of Tampa posted:

ever hear the phrase "make the economy scream" (coined by Nixon) well that's what the elites do when they are mad, they can;t keep this up for too long because it hurts them too

exactly. this is their way of throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go their way

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

this made me google things which turned up this

quote:

In the fall of 1968, Kissinger, then a key adviser to President Lyndon Johnson’s Vietnam peace talks, informed candidate Richard Nixon that a truce between the U.S.-backed South Vietnamese government and communist North Vietnam was near. Afraid that a breakthrough in the talks would harm Nixon’s political prospects against Democratic nominee Hubert Humphrey, Nixon’s campaign had Anna Chennault, a Nixon liaison to South Vietnam, advise South Vietnam’s government that it would get better terms if it waited on a deal until Nixon was elected. The South Vietnam government obediently backed away from the talks. Nixon was elected soon thereafter and the war continued for four more years.

if that's true lol then gently caress kissinger

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.
gibraltar voted like 90% towards staying so will they get to hold a referendum to join spain now

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rezatahs posted:

exactly. this is their way of throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go their way

I'll give Great Britain the same advice that financial advisers give me whenever the market is on a downswing

"Just ride it out, bro!"

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FrankieGoes posted:

Lookit this guy, "OMG I gotta drive all the way across town to get to one of the two Best Buys I'm a real Alaskan cause my dad took me to the Bush Company"

rezatahs posted:

i'm not from anchorage and holy lol i say "the bush" and you immediately think the loving strip club? ahahahaha god drat

look you were too loving soft to even survive alaska in its most metro area and you know what that's a-ok buddy. i've seen outsiders leave in the middle of their first winter and their is no shame in that(to other outsiders) but next time you feel like speaking for us because you barely dipped your toe here maybe don't because, and it seriously pains me to say this, palin is more alaskan than you could ever dream to be and she is fake as poo poo.

weird Alaskan slapfight was an unexpected but good B-plot in this thread imo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

a cop posted:

wooooo, I'm just about to begin heavily investing in my 401k. does this mean I'll be getting in while the market's down and it'll explode in like 10 years??

I tried this 10 years ago and it just keeps going down.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

/the working class called the financial elite's bluff and this is their temper tantrum

/everything's back to normal in six months
Exactly. Most people have no concept of how finance works and think things like market cap = actual real money sitting in a pile somewhere. All these numbers are meaningless to the normal Britons who woke up this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The financial industry is the true victim here.

• Locked thread