Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Marzzle posted:

How'd you get piles of cash around the office?

Eyud posted:

I think poo poo just starts to pile up around the office as you fill up the warehouse. I've got cash, drugs, artwork, electronics, fur coats, even bars of platinum and diamonds just chilling on my desk.

the VIP offices are dynamic; as you pickup crates trinkets start to appear in your office and when you successfully complete sales the money starts to appear as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The cash specifically comes from counterfeit crates iirc

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.
Whole lotta rubbin' tugs last night
https://fat.gfycat.com/FarflungRingedArcherfish.webm

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Mondian posted:

The cash specifically comes from counterfeit crates iirc

coupedeville posted:

when you successfully complete sales the money starts to appear

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Thank you for this informative post!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
The cash around your desk is from selling cargo. The cash scattered everywhere else is from buying counterfeit goods.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Anyone else have footage of the comedy of tug boats?

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
So between the summer sale and the bundle discount, assuming you already own GTA5, you can pick up a Megalodon card on Steam for $40.

Shark cards are way dumb but that doesn't seem like a terrible deal?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Top Hats Monthly posted:

let it be known you and Zig were already half-tipped and clearly capsizing before I tried to surf it with a Kraken.

https://fat.gfycat.com/HomelyBlushingDowitcher.webm

e: if we do this again I want to Cargobob a Kraken onto the back of a tug, because you can fit a surprising amount of stuff back there

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 24, 2016

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god is that what this game is now lol

I can't wait for the work day to be over

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GHOST_BUTT posted:

So between the summer sale and the bundle discount, assuming you already own GTA5, you can pick up a Megalodon card on Steam for $40.

Shark cards are way dumb but that doesn't seem like a terrible deal?
Was just looking, but it says that I cant buy the bundle because I already own the game.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The cash around your desk fluctuates with your bank balance. I know this because when I went broke buying my gun safe it all disappeared.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Walrus posted:

oh my god is that what this game is now lol

It is if you roll with the Mumble crew. If you don't then all you do is drive around and drive by white dots and make them mad.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

mutata posted:

It is if you roll with the Mumble crew. If you don't then all you do is drive around and drive by white dots and make them mad.

gently caress them white dots

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Psion posted:

let it be known you and Zig were already half-tipped and clearly capsizing before I tried to surf it with a Kraken.

e: if we do this again I want to Cargobob a Kraken onto the back of a tug, because you can fit a surprising amount of stuff back there

My poor girl, rip at the bottom of the lsh ;_;

The ingredients for tonight: 2 cargobobs, a dodo or three, a kraken, as many tugs as possible, a few lightweight cars, someone's yacht parked as close as possible to the merryweather docks.

mutata posted:

Hey now, be fair. You guys don't have a monopoly on dull, complainey goons.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that mugger is still probably flying user's dodo out into the sunset, so I guess he can't bring one

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

You know what else we can't bring? A fukken skycrane

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zigmidge posted:

You know what else we can't bring? A fukken skycrane

I gotta skycrane it's in my pants

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I played this back when it first came out on PC and then stopped for a real long time. I wanna play this again - is the info in the OP still accurate, or is there a better way to play with goons and such?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You get cash piled around the office from making sales. It caps out when you've made around 15 million in sales IIRC. At that point the floor is pretty well covered in cash.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Mr E posted:

I played this back when it first came out on PC and then stopped for a real long time. I wanna play this again - is the info in the OP still accurate, or is there a better way to play with goons and such?

Get in the mumble & yell long/loud enough for the cool kids to stop hunting pubs.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Psion posted:

https://fat.gfycat.com/HomelyBlushingDowitcher.webm

Yous a straight bastard.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd be up for a run at CM (and loyalty / all in order, don't have any of them yet) if y'all are doing heists on PC this weekend.

doug.funnie on RGSC.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

The Walrus posted:

The Walrus posted:

The Walrus posted:

The Walrus posted:

The Walrus posted:

zzyzx posted:

I'd be up for a run at CM (and loyalty / all in order, don't have any of them yet) if y'all are doing heists on PC this weekend.

doug.funnie on RGSC.

pcmasterrace :hitler:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

No one wants to do CM with me? :(

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Psion posted:

that mugger is still probably flying user's dodo out into the sunset, so I guess he can't bring one

I'm not even mad

I think at some point the mugger despawned (I was able to call a new mugger like 10 minutes after I was mugged) and the seaplane just landed on the water and was moved around by waves.

I'm curious if there's any way to get a mugger to jack a cargobob that already has a car attached. It would be amazing to have a mugger fly someone's personal vehicle off into the sunset. Have a goon sit inside the car so the person can't resummon their car.

Akion posted:

The cash around your desk fluctuates with your bank balance. I know this because when I went broke buying my gun safe it all disappeared.

I have 80 something million in my bank and over a million on hand. I had zero money anywhere on or near my desk until I made a sale.
So there could be a few variables. Like it's based on how much you've sold, but then goes away as you spend it.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

Top Hats Monthly posted:

No one wants to do CM with me? :(

Depends, do I get a happy ending? :heysexy:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

UserErr0r posted:

I have 80 something million in my bank and over a million on hand. I had zero money anywhere on or near my desk until I made a sale.
So there could be a few variables. Like it's based on how much you've sold, but then goes away as you spend it.

The boring truth is your office clutter disappears if you renovate, i.e. by adding a gun safe. :goleft:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Top Hats Monthly posted:

More importantly, does someone have footage of our daring escape in Top Hats' Insurgent? Specifically the parts where Zig got hit by a train and when we A-Team'd it onto the back of a tug.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Should you sell the special rare fancy cargo like the large diamond as soon as you get one, or can you stockpile them and sell a bunch at once?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ripper Swarm posted:

The boring truth is your office clutter disappears if you renovate, i.e. by adding a gun safe. :goleft:

$250k in renovation fees for a guy to cart all your poo poo to the dumpster. The truth is out.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ripper Swarm posted:

YAAAS thank you for making this game playable for me again

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Should you sell the special rare fancy cargo like the large diamond as soon as you get one, or can you stockpile them and sell a bunch at once?

Sell immediately. It doesn't add to your total warehouse bonus for holding a lot of stock, and having two special cargo doesn't give a bonus either.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The best thing is to call the mugger on someone in a tank, he'll pull them out of the tank and steal it. Then you can watch them on the map as they try to get their tank back and it's just wonderful.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://giant.gfycat.com/SeriousBitesizedGemsbok.webm

https://fat.gfycat.com/BiodegradableAgreeableCrustacean.webm

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 25, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://zippy.gfycat.com/OrneryFittingDuckbillplatypus.webm
"gently caress you, I'm Steve Jobs!"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

UserErr0r posted:

I'm not even mad

I think at some point the mugger despawned (I was able to call a new mugger like 10 minutes after I was mugged) and the seaplane just landed on the water and was moved around by waves.

I'm curious if there's any way to get a mugger to jack a cargobob that already has a car attached. It would be amazing to have a mugger fly someone's personal vehicle off into the sunset. Have a goon sit inside the car so the person can't resummon their car.

Ah that's cool, how much stuff did you all? I think I've sold 3-5 crates so far and all I have is random junk in the office

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i spent that entire airtug race screaming obscenities

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Mid heist.

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Pound_Coin posted:

Mid heist.

:qq:

Did you have it coming, or is this unexpected?

• Locked thread