Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Monomythian posted:

What England will look like without the EU.

S....sugoi....

an unfortunate image, she gonna get decapitated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

Isn't just the internet. Lot of people are losing their poo poo irl.

Biggest triggering of liberals to date

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
worlds most irrelevant super power

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
yes, yesss, weaken your alliance, the March of the Orange King will tear through the tatters of your confederacy without so much as a pause

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Farm owners annoyed by having to treat labor like people news at 11

Also the Hispanic people enjoyed backbreaking labor? LOL

"Hispanics like blistering hard work for pennies on the dollar, an industrious people not meant for office work and who know their place" corporate liberals.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

heh

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's good all this poo poo is going down now because I want to visit Croatia in like a year so the exchange rate should be awesome then.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

mr_cramalldees posted:

Can we start a referendum to rename "ISIS" to "EU Raiders"?

Soon England's Crown Jewels will be displayed in the Caliphate War Museum in Raqqa. Or auctioned off to fund the insurgency, w/e.

EDIT: Raiders of the Lost Empire

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Klyith posted:

an unfortunate image, she gonna get decapitated

In this species of leaf wifu, the head disconnects itself from the head, the spine travelling with it. Hair twirling through the air, it re-cements itself on the fallen body, and begins the stage of reabsorbing the nutrients of the body corpse.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Guaranteed a few bullets fired last night

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

corn in the bible posted:

im excited for trump to make ameirca grate by .................??????????????????????

1. Wall
2. Less browns
3. Chicken in every pot

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

yeah but that's just an extension of the "jobs nobody wants" fallacy. The white guys couldn't hack it because in order to even make minimum wage picking fruit you have to work like a loving machine because of the way the pay scheme is rigged by the employer

that Morgan Spurlock show "Inside Man" followed him as a fruit picker in Florida and it shows how the workers get hosed by the employers

Pay people $10-12 and hour to pick fruit and hold them to reasonable, humane productivity requirements and you'd have people lined up out the door to do the work. But god forbid someone that owns a farm might have to become slightly less profitable so that their neighbor can eat and live indoors

It's why I left the food service industry. As a cook of any ethnic/racial background, you're pretty much expected to toe the line, or you will be easily replaced with more rotating staff or immigrants working for under minimum if you ask for above $20k a year or any kind of benefits.

Anthony Bourdain has some long rant in his book about "white boys being told by their parents that they have the right to a career." And how he hired illegal immigrants to do hard jobs while giving them paths to citizenship. Gee, Tony, maybe all that backbreaking labor you complained about having to go through as a young cook/chef can be improved for current/future generations by taking a step forward but no I guess. Good luck with your show and I'm glad you did so well in the '80s and '90s buying all sorts of drugs. Wages in the industry have stayed static since then making rent hard to afford but at least you left the industry before criticizing your book.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best part is that during the vote liberals were happy with it because they thought they would win now they are saying it should have never been a public vote. And liberals wonder why they are a dying party.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Safety Scissors posted:

Ah, the freak out phase.

My oil stocks went up a dollar. How is everyone else doing?

My silver stocks are up 5%.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

What good is that if all the history books say you were a oval office? It's probably not even going to take that long since once people start feeling the hurt he'll be gone.

he doesn't care about that! He'll be in power! He'll make a fuckload of money! He'll be Prime Minister of the UK! What a legacy! :lol: if you think anyone who seeks power cares what the history books will say about them. On the whole, they want power for power's sake. Boris is a oval office, and every moron who voted for Brexit is going to get exactly what they deserve when Scotland leave, he gets into power, the NHS gets decimated, and England reverts to the small, sad, irrelevant little island we were pretending not to be for the past 60 years or so.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Plan Z posted:

It's why I left the food service industry. As a cook of any ethnic/racial background, you're pretty much expected to toe the line, or you will be easily replaced with more rotating staff or immigrants working for under minimum if you ask for above $20k a year or any kind of benefits.

Anthony Bourdain has some long rant in his book about "white boys being told by their parents that they have the right to a career." And how he hired illegal immigrants to do hard jobs while giving them paths to citizenship. Gee, Tony, maybe all that backbreaking labor you complained about having to go through as a young cook/chef can be improved for current/future generations by taking a step forward but no I guess. Good luck with your show and I'm glad you did so well in the '80s and '90s buying all sorts of drugs. Wages in the industry have stayed static since then making rent hard to afford but at least you left the industry before criticizing your book.

It is kind of amazing how liberals have embraced the idea of a permanent racially based underclass, because the alternative is being called racist

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm surprised anyone thinks Britain is actually gonna leave the UK. The EU and UK will negotiate and in like a year they'll just say that they came to terms and that everything is staying the same. This just gives the UK a bunch of leverage which is good for them.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

www posted:

seens lots of british nationalists saying this will allow the england to reconnect with the commonweath (rich white countries only) like those countries would want anything to do with your fetid little nation

Mail order brides.

quote:

Gentlemen, I give you Brittania! Gambling with all the
glitz and glamour of the British Isles. Best of all, the
waitresses and showgirls are all real Brits -- fresh from
the streets of Sussex, they are.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Volume posted:

The best part is that during the vote liberals were happy with it because they thought they would win now they are saying it should have never been a public vote. And liberals wonder why they are a dying party.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So are there a bunch of Brits this morning threatening to move to Canada?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Not only is the argument that "Hispanics like working on farms more and are thus better suited to it" more than a little racist, it also ignores the fact that, for a relatively long time, blue collar labor in the US has been devalued for a number of reasons (such as the very real trend of deindustrialization, to say nothing of perceptions of success and occupation-type). There are lots of factors involved in why Americans don't want to work back breaking blue collar jobs for a pittance that go beyond "laziness" and it's dishonest to say otherwise. Also fits the narrative of big business quite nicely.

2016, for some reason, has made tons of these issues come to the for and it seems like lots of people are growing dissatisfied with the established order in a number of western nations. Will be interesting to see where it goes!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Volume posted:

The lower classes need someone enlightened to guide them on the true path. You can't expect some uneducated chavs to understand the subtleties of economics and corporate taxes ?!

Aug 4, 2010

Monomythian posted:

What England will look like without the EU.

S....sugoi....

thats not a picture of england

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

GORDON posted:

No they're all threatening to move here, to Ireland. Again.

Aug 4, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

makes a change, the famine is over so why dont you go home???

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

www posted:

thats not a picture of england

Scotland voted to be English back in 2014

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

Shouldn't they be threatening to move to the continent?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ape Fist posted:

Sweet.

Don't worry, WAY more Americans whine about politics and threaten to move away, than actually do.

Sorry about Madonna, though. She actually went there.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GORDON posted:

If you ask me the people who voted to stay should get kicked out of the country. Let them move to Germany if they love the EU so much

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
ive just made a meme, you'll understand the value of this art form when you're younger

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Make Britain great again!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If Scotland leaves the United Kingdom, what will that do to Scotch prices in the US?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol at the UK. Thanks for the great buying day I guess, can't wait to watch them implode.

Germstore posted:

may be shocking to you, but not every southerner owned a plantation.

No but you don't need a plantation to own slaves. Most slave owning was done by smaller farms that owned 1-3 slaves and an overwhelming amount of the production coming out of the South was based on slave labor.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
made this

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GORDON posted:

Sorry about Madonna, though. She actually went there.

I'm not, they gave us Russell Brand and Ricky Gervais

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:five:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
NOPE nevermind, misread. :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:eyepop:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You are likely to be told to "go gently caress yourself" if you say "love it or leave it" at people.

source: in texas, have been told to love it or leave it, have told people to gently caress their mothers at varying states of inebriation

• Locked thread