Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Jimlit posted:

I'm sorry why should people that have adapted to a modern job market be punished for people that did not. The fact there are a poo poo load of good jobs going to h-b1 holders due to a lack of qualified applicants speaks volumes.

It's harder to adapt if you come from poverty stricken area where jobs once were and are no longer, with less than stellar education supporting you, and a bunch of other factors working against you, like the fact that blue collar labor is increasingly outsourced or given to underpaid immigrants or automated. The economy can change at a very rapid pace and society may not all keep up with developments at an equal pace. What are the people, many older and some younger, that can't keep up supposed to do? At least politically, they turn to the parties, or candidates, that do a better job of reaching out to them in hopes that they may help them return to "good old days." The success of anti-immigration rhetoric, in that regard, is emblematic of a larger issue of the modern left to actually speak to the concerns of these people and why the right, and now far right, seemingly can - despite the fact that many righwingers don't really care about blue collar workers of any ethnicity. (just look at a lot of Republicans in the US).

It also doesn't change the fact that what was said about "Hispanics" being die-hard farm work lovers came off as a bit racist.

And, one last point, I think addressing a lot of these larger economic imbalances/issues would actually benefit immigrants as well, since it would help defang the rhetoric - at least to an extent - by improving stability for people outside the upper middle class and above.

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at Poland threatening the uk because now they can't send citizens over to steal jobs and hurt the British working man. if you're argument against the uk leaving is that you no longer get to mooch off them then now you know why they left.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I sure do love it when gringos take pity on those poor hispanics and defend them on the internet.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Poland makes better games than the UK. gently caress the UK, Poland is cool.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zimboe posted:

Well the Japs are building blowjob robots and the whole show comes down to WHO WILL SERVICE MY DICK
Instead of hordes of Muslim ladies that are as just as as happy to suck a dick if they ain't beat like a like goddamn farm animals.
Lotta opportunities for sad ladies and lonely men wanting a decent civil man who will cherish her and love her proper-like.
Islam treats their ladies like poo poo.
This is WRONG.
E:
I mean , Western Man, if you had one of these abused and denigrated Muslim beauty's, Give her proper Christian love and you can count on fresh tea every morning and a blowjob every morning.

Look at you, crazed goon, panting and sweating as you post on these forums

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Like the USA would allow any nation to tell it what to do on the level Britain had to from the E.U.

You're finally free brothers !!!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Also, politically speaking, I always thought VICE tried to bill itself as more anti-establishment (even if that's not so much the case). Perhaps that post's wording didn't convey the documentary's point well enough, since that sounds like it might be a bit too oblivious a thing even for vice.

hemophilia posted:

Poland makes better games than the UK. gently caress the UK, Poland is cool.

Poland's recent track record is certainly up that compared to the UK!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

nobody does whining as well and satisfying as neoliberals

corbyn 2020: because one of these countries deserves a bernie

The opposition parties are looking for Corb to resign, so I don't think he'll be PM anytime soon.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Now look.
It's really quite simple.
There are now about eight or so billion humans on this planet.
The majority of that eight billion are diseased and damaged, or addicts of various religious mimetic pathogens, and incapable of improving their lives or of that of the society at large:

FUCKEM.

What a waste of valuable protein they are. They eat precious food, drink scarce water, and convert it to worthless poo poo and piss which then floods the flowing gutters.

Corall these immigrants/refugees, send them to the slaughterhouse to be made into tasty Mexisausage or into Mexitreats TM dog treats, AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
Worthless excess mouths must be utilized for the benefit of the higher form of man.

Note: SARCASM ASSHOLES I WOULD NEVER WANNA SEE SUCH A WORLD
E:
But it might happen, dammit.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 24, 2016

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
brexit has the most toxic elements of the internet melting down with the kind of rage and indignant fury that they usually reserve for things like "toxic masculinity" and "video game tits" and "male link"

so brexit is probably either a good thing or way less important than it's being made out to be

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A question for liberals; now that you see that throwing tantrums and calling people racist didn't work when the other side has facts on its side will you guys attempt to change your style or will you just hunker down and scream racist even louder?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

LOL @ the bitch who immediately regretted voting to leave. Who knew voting had any consequences :shrug:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

A question for liberals; now that you see that throwing tantrums and calling people racist didn't work when the other side has facts on its side will you guys attempt to change your style or will you just hunker down and scream racist even louder?

Personally I'm just going to wait until white people are a minority around 2035-40.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

zimboe posted:

Now look.
It's really quite simple.
There are now about eight or so billion humans on this planet.
The majority of that eight billion are diseased and damaged, or addicts of various religious mimetic pathogens, and incapable of improving their lives or of that of the society at large:

FUCKEM.

What a waste of valuable protein they are. They eat precious food, drink scarce water, and convert it to worthless poo poo and piss which then floods the flowing gutters.

Corall these immigrants/refugees, send them to the slaughterhouse to be made into tasty Mexisausage or into Mexitreats TM dog treats, AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
Worthless excess mouths must be utilized for the benefit of the higher form of man.

Note: SARCASM ASSHOLES I WOULD NEVER WANNA SEE SUCH A WORLD
E:
But it might happen, dammit.

just going to quote this garbage so you can't edit it out later

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Another question for liberals, without resorting to "you're a racist" or "other countries can't survive with out stealing uk money jobs and housing" please explain how the working British would have benefited from staying in the EU.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

BeefThief posted:

LOL @ the bitch who immediately regretted voting to leave. Who knew voting had any consequences :shrug:

Sometimes asking the question "Does my vote matter?" You have to check "Nein"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

Another question for liberals, without resorting to "you're a racist" or "other countries can't survive with out stealing uk money jobs and housing" please explain how the working British would have benefited from staying in the EU.

have you paid any attention to any arguments made during the campaign or are you just here to score sick owns off the backboard?

since you keep talking about liberals I'm guessing you know gently caress all about anything that happened here.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This is how democracy dies, not with a bang but with a "lol i didn't think my vote mattered yolo"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Volume posted:

other countries are entitled to UKs money and housing

theft form the empire is a moral good

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jimlit posted:

I'm sorry why should people that have adapted to a modern job market be punished for people that did not. The fact there are a poo poo load of good jobs going to h-b1 holders due to a lack of qualified applicants speaks volumes.

They adapted by not being able to speak English and having less legal recourse or less ability when abused by their corporate master. It's better for everyone, them included, for them to stop being employed in explotive jobs that underpay them and prevent industry from having to adapt to their workers needs so they can be paid better in the long run.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

kindermord posted:

brexit has the most toxic elements of the internet melting down with the kind of rage and indignant fury that they usually reserve for things like "toxic masculinity" and "video game tits" and "male link"

so brexit is probably either a good thing or way less important than it's being made out to be

By Jove, post them man !

Bloody hell, don't keep us here with our biscuits getting soggy !

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

have you paid any attention to any arguments made during the campaign or are you just here to score sick owns off the backboard?

since you keep talking about liberals I'm guessing you know gently caress all about anything that happened here.

There's an interesting way to avoid explaining how the working British would benefit from staying in the EU.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Volume posted:

There's an interesting way to avoid explaining how the working British would benefit from staying in the EU.

For starters... Britain would benefit from the influx of strong, robust foreigners into their stagnant inbred gene pool

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

calling you a loving idiot? jesus you must get interested a lot

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
So if England has this big problem with Muslim immigrants - the solution is simple.
Hang them up and:
Terminate.
Exsuangate.
Decapitate.
Eviscerate.

Send the viscera to the organ meats line.
Send the heads to the shelling line.

Think of it as free cows walking right into your slaughterhouse.
Well Hell, it is efficient in the Darwinian sense.

Eatem.
e:
When they figure out they are no better than cattle, they will stop coming.
EATEM

zimboe fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 24, 2016

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

calling you a loving idiot? jesus you must get interested a lot

So you can't offer to explain how the EU helped the working man in England?

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

just going to quote this garbage so you can't edit it out later

Oh baby I'm just warming up.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

First find an English man that actually does work.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Volume posted:

Putting a warm swarthy Eastern European in his wife

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Volume posted:

They got culturally enriched and you can't put a price on that !

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is the truth though

Thanks for paving the way to your imminent annexation.

This time the bond is permanent and the power loss is real, not imagined.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

MariusLecter posted:

Putting a warm swarthy Eastern European in his wife

...whether she consented or not

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

First find an English man that actually does work.

Well now that they are out of the EU there will be more jobs fur them. Take a couple years though.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What will the british do now that they can't comment smugly and be taken seriously?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Volume posted:

How will they benefit? Will companies be that much more willing to create jobs with increased tariffs, stifled outside investment and a forced removal from the EU single market?

Will they be as competitive as the companies literally miles away with full access to EU market benefits?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

contrary to the claims of the remain camp it hasn't given them anything but it has protected existing rights like health and safety, working hours (sort of), holidays, anti-discrimination laws and prevented the tories from banning unions outright or making it impossible to organise. successive governments have wriggled around it a bit by getting rid of legal aid in employment tribunals and making zero-hour contracts widespread but free of the european directives the UK government will be free to treat workers like chattel.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

Well now that they are out of the EU there will be more jobs fur them. Take a couple years though.

i think the idea is that there will be less work but it'll pay more. gently caress knows what will happen

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

contrary to the claims of the remain camp it hasn't given them anything but it has protected existing rights like health and safety, working hours (sort of), holidays, anti-discrimination laws and prevented the tories from banning unions outright or making it impossible to organise. successive governments have wriggled around it a bit by getting rid of legal aid in employment tribunals and making zero-hour contracts widespread but free of the european directives the UK government will be free to treat workers like chattel.

Lmao so being in the EU didn't give England anything they didn't already earn themselves by bootstrapping their way into it. So in other words no England does not need the EU. Thanks for proving me right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hemophilia posted:

You are likely to be told to "go gently caress yourself" if you say "love it or leave it" at people.

source: in texas, have been told to love it or leave it, have told people to gently caress their mothers at varying states of inebriation

Mothers need love too.

• Locked thread