Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
important new anime addition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love that Joseph goes back to his SDC bombastic self when he's excited

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Well, you do see Rohan's hand grabbing his manuscript, which is enough of a tease for me. I really hope David doesn't go all out on him licking that spider because it'll be super loving gross and I know they will and I'm already grossed out

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RubberLuffy posted:

Well, you do see Rohan's hand grabbing his manuscript, which is enough of a tease for me. I really hope David doesn't go all out on him licking that spider because it'll be super loving gross and I know they will and I'm already grossed out

I really hope they go ham on him eating that spider.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Devil Ed posted:

At like ten minutes in there's a small scene of him meeting with his editor, but you don't see him

Yeah, a guy in the foreground hands a packet to a guy dressed in a pink shirt, but we only see his arm and hear him called "sensei".

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I really hope they go ham on him eating that spider.

Spider-Ham?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I cry when dogs in commercials look sad and I think I also just automatically get teary when I hear Return of Travelers now, too. I am a wimp.

That was the perfect music choice for Joseph on the water, though

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah, a guy in the foreground hands a packet to a guy dressed in a pink shirt, but we only see his arm and hear him called "sensei".

I liked that the envelope read SHUEISHA in case there was any doubt

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Someone on another forum pointed out that the call in dude on the radio bought his gf a ruby ring but hasn't heard from her, and last weeks episode ended with Kira having a bath with a hand that had a red ring.

Bravo David. Bravo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The girls who pass by Josuke as he waits outside with Shizuka while Joseph shops talk about her too.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

RubberLuffy posted:

Someone on another forum pointed out that the call in dude on the radio bought his gf a ruby ring but hasn't heard from her, and last weeks episode ended with Kira having a bath with a hand that had a red ring.

Bravo David. Bravo

I wondered to whom it was referring, thanks!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Huh. I assumed the ring was Kira's, but that's a pretty nice touch!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the ring was Kira's which is why he needed that hand back so badly as the ring could be traced back to him. I could be misremembering though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's a plot point. But this is anime original so it's sort of just sowing seeds.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RubberLuffy posted:

Bravo David. Bravo

VERY NICE, DAVIDPRO-CHAN!

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

"Soft & Wet Sheets x1, 458 yen"

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bit cheap for possibly the best JoJo Stand IMHO

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Pilfered a 0 from the price

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Okay. I got into JoJo during the break between seasons of Stardust Crusaders. Watched all of the show several times, I got a few people into it. Watched the second season as it aired, once the show was over I read part 4.
More recently (since the new season started airing) I've read through the entirety of the rest of JoJo. Now I'm caught up (:ohdear:).

What is the schedule for new volumes being released? Is there a consistent one? I have noticed a lot of the volumes have notes apologizing for hiatuses until the next issue. How quickly after release do they tend to get scanned and translated?

Thanks in advance, I love all the JoJo, sorry I took so long to read it. :love:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

If you're all caught up, Jojolion releases monthly on the 19th in Ultra Jump. The main group for that now works with the digital raws that are released; I don't think you should rely on this but they're now leaking a day or even more in advance and that team is pretty rapid to act once they get that leak; for example, this latest release was translated and up on batoto before Ultra Jump's actual 19th release date. They put up higher quality scans later. Either way, unless a hiatus is announced, you can expect a new chapter sometime around the 19th of each month.

If you already read Part 5, note that it's still being re-translated because it's well known for having a poor translation and those updates are put up sporadically; Daxing Dan, part of the team doing that, posts here in this thread and has lately just said when new chapters are up if you don't feel like subscribing/checking batoto/checking the jojo's colored adventure team facebook page.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 25, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Thanks for the info. I'm sad I'll now have to wait a month between new JoJos, but I'm glad I have a new thread to read and post in now that I don't have to worry about spoilers :)
I'm also glad I caught up coinciding with the end of a story arc, it would be a little annoying to catch up and have it stop halfway through a fight.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
If Araki is taking a hiatus from JoJolion there's a decent chance that just means he's too busy drawing something else, like a Thus Spoke Rohan chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We're almost definitely getting some JoJolion hiatuses at the end of the year, with it being the 30th anniversary of JoJo. We'll probably get a Rohan out of that and some other neat stuff though.

e:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 25, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Early episode preview for next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2NUSNCbhU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tyrone could not be any more right.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

so which one of us was it who paid for this to happen

edit: it was josuke wasn't it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Actually, Rohan has mental issues and I really hope he seeks help.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The only negative thing I could ever say about Rohan is that really, there is not ENOUGH Rohan

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The only negative thing I could ever say about Rohan is that really, there is not ENOUGH Rohan

Araki asked him to be in Part 8, but he refused.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The good poo poo ain't cheap, I tell you what

hoobajoo posted:

Araki asked him to be in Part 8, but he refused.

We're only halfway through, any minute now the prodigal mangaka not-kishibe-rohan will stroll through the doors of the higashikata mansion

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

What I wouldn't give for Part 8 alternate universe Rohan to literally just be the same Rohan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hello, my name is Robin. i am a newspaper cartoonist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like Rohan nearly as much as I ought to considering he has all the traits I like in a character.

- Prick
- Smug
- rear end in a top hat
- Smug rear end in a top hat who is a prick
- Well concealed heart of gold

Moltrey posted:

Actually, Rohan has mental issues and I really hope he seeks help.

nah

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I was just gifted a copy of Rohan At The Louvre by a friend who I originally got into Jojo. This is an extremely pretty book, and hardback to boot.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

hello, my name is Robin. i am a newspaper cartoonist. webcomic artist.

ftfy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Archenteron posted:

I was just gifted a copy of Rohan At The Louvre by a friend who I originally got into Jojo. This is an extremely pretty book, and hardback to boot.

Yeah, it really is. It makes a good decorative piece to have on display, rather than slotted sideways into a bookshelf or stack of books.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Johnny Joestar posted:

hello, my name is Rohan Kakyoin. i am a video game designer.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Alt Universe Rohan already exists, and his creation has infinite reach and acclaim. I of course am referring to Jim Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
With his Stand, [I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS]