Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Is there a good unbiased article summarizing what lead up to the decision to leave and the pros/cons of the decision that's been made? Pretty much everything I've heard about it so far is just the typical crowd screaming "racism" against anything they disagree with and while I am assuming part of it is people not liking muslims I have a hard time believing over half the country is just unapologetically xenophobic and there were no other motives involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
love of country should come before love of dusky foreigners

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

*supports america, destabilizes middle east*
*accidentally creates ISIS*

"how is it racist to block these brown refuges! we're just innocent white people!"

thats the stuff what made Leave win, you realize.

even the polish muslims don't want refugees to swarm Poland. so there

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Decebal posted:

How come the Royals aren't saying anything ?? Can the Monarch dissolve Parliament ?

Who do the British soldiers swear loyalty to ?

they're probably looking at what the options are, but if there was ever a time for something as worthless as royalty to do the loving job properly, would be to put your nominal powers on the line to intervene in something this retarded.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Velkest posted:

thats the stuff what made Leave win, you realize.

No he doesn't, anyone who disagrees with a leftist is a wrong-think monster.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SciFiDownBeat posted:

every last pence you simpleton!!!!!!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Retro Access posted:

I'm married to an immigrant. I spent two years working 18 hours in two jobs to sponsor the UK spousal visa. Ran myself ragged and left the UK when my husband's parents very loving generously waved a visa sponsorship at me.

My entire family knew all this poo poo and voted "leave."

I only found out this loving morning.

Our only way back into the UK, or to have stayed there in the first place was via european law.

I feel like I have had my heart torn out. I didn't know them at all and they sure as gently caress knew nothing about me.

As a liberal I too think that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they won't vote what I want then to vote. What's that? Every one sound have the right to vote hire they want to? Raciat!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Retro Access posted:

I'm married to an immigrant. I spent two years working 18 hours in two jobs to sponsor the UK spousal visa. Ran myself ragged and left the UK when my husband's parents very loving generously waved a visa sponsorship at me.

My entire family knew all this poo poo and voted "leave."

I only found out this loving morning.

Our only way back into the UK, or to have stayed there in the first place was via european law.

I feel like I have had my heart torn out. I didn't know them at all and they sure as gently caress knew nothing about me.

did nobody tell you we are full

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Is there a good unbiased article summarizing what lead up to the decision to leave and the pros/cons of the decision that's been made? Pretty much everything I've heard about it so far is just the typical crowd screaming "racism" against anything they disagree with and while I am assuming part of it is people not liking muslims I have a hard time believing over half the country is just unapologetically xenophobic and there were no other motives involved.

Basically the uk paid billions upon billions out of its GNI to the EU and in return it's citizens went homeless and hungry and jobless. So the people said "hey maybe we should do something about it" and they did.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nation posted:

did nobody tell you we are full

no you're not lol

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Volume posted:

As a liberal I too think that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they won't vote what I want then to vote. What's that? Every one sound have the right to vote hire they want to? Raciat!

And the thing with this was, I was raised liberal. I got these views from the same family who just ditched them.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Heres to hoping France fills the channel tunnel with concrete and rebuilds the Atlantic Wall

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

How come the Royals aren't saying anything ?? Can the Monarch dissolve Parliament ?

technically she can try, but the last time a monarch tried to overrule parliament they executed him

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Retro Access posted:

And the thing with this was, I was raised liberal. I got these views from the same family who just ditched them.

Sounds like they made the right choice

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Decebal posted:

That would end very quickly and very badly for the royal family.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Retro Access posted:

You seem very whiny and dramatic. I think your family made the right choice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
cameron stopped the boats lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, my UK passport just got a lot less useful.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
How does this effect the market for war hammer miniatures?!?!?!?!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

4outof5 posted:

doubled in price

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Volume posted:

Basically the uk paid billions upon billions out of its GNI to the EU and in return it's citizens went homeless and hungry and jobless. So the people said "hey maybe we should do something about it" and they did.

And in a single morning 30 years of growth was wiped off their currency lmbo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MariusLecter posted:

doubled in price

That would have happened regardless of the result.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

The polls show a lot of people voting for leave even though they thought it would hurt the economy. So, yeah, pure spiteful racism played a role here.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

corpuscollossus posted:

And in a single morning 30 years of growth was wiped off their currency lmbo

It already rebounded a big bit. This is legit a bad move, but whenever a big status quo change happens good or bad, stocks falls and the currency drops. poo poo like that doesn't matter and is the result of some billionaires making the wrong bet.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Applied for my Irish passport today.

Amusingly, people are actually proposing a union between Ireland/Northern Ireland and Scotland unironically at the embassy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MariusLecter posted:

Realtalk, Cameron calling for this referendum is the greatest political fuckup of the 21st century so far, right?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MariusLecter posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Vengarr posted:

Realtalk, Cameron calling for this referendum is the greatest political fuckup of the 21st century so far, right?

iraq 2 was probably a worse call

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Vengarr posted:

iraq

e: f

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Letting the citizens of your country actually dictate the future of the country : BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THE 21st CENTURY !

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

probably the worst political decision this decade

cameron is impressively incompetent

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Tartan Tory posted:

Applied for my Irish passport today.

Amusingly, people are actually proposing a union between Ireland/Northern Ireland and Scotland unironically at the embassy.

fingers crossed, need the GBP to sink even lower so I can buy even more warhammer miniatures

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Decebal posted:

Letting the citizens of your country actually dictate the future of the country : BIGGEST MISTAKE OF THE 21st CENTURY !

that wasn't why he did it. even if you agree with the thing that happened it was the result of a pretty funny series of cameron bloopers

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

4outof5 posted:

ForgeWorld for a brief moment was affordable and fun

Now that moment is gone

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Decebal posted:

Stupid commoners need us white liberal heroes to save them from themselves.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Decebal posted:

Do you think the country, any country, would make a good decision if they had access to the big red button that launched the nukes or something?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

4outof5 posted:

Stupid commoners need us white liberal heroes to save them from themselves.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

warhammies should be cheaper for americans

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
some of us are also brown and black liberals fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

we;re switching over to a warhammies export-based economy, it's a pity no one likes Age of Sigmar though

• Locked thread